main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA IEFF in Christmas parade in Victorville?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jangosmom, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SyruSkywalker

SyruSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2005
    I called Coco's Victorville too, tee hee 6:00 am everyday....Yay! [face_coffee]

2. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    all my possible rides backed out at the last minute. i suppose i can walk 12 miles to meet up...

sorry guys.

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Whereabouts are you? Maybe someone can give you a lift.

Summary of info

Check in time
    is from 8:15 - 9:00, however it was suggested we get there earlier due to how long the check in line gets.

We check in at the corner of Seneca Rd and Desert Knolls and have to come in facing the correct way. Only the Falcon is allowed in the staging area. The rest need to park as close as they can and walk. It might be a good idea to leave as many cars as possible at the resteraunt and carpool to the check in area.

The driver of the car is the one that checks us in. We are entry #61 and the name of our entry is the Inland Empire Fan Force.

To get to the staging/check-in area from Coco's:

Turn right onto Paldale Rd, go over the freeway overpass, get in the right lane and turn right onto Green Tree Blvd. When you get to Rodeo Dr, turn left. When you hit Seneca, turn left. Keep going until you run into the staging area.

MEETING AT COCO'S @ 7AM (Coco is open from 6 am)
    Map

4. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    If you're south of the restaurant then I can give you a ride on my way in. I'll have to know before I get there though...

5. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    PARADE DAY!!!

I wasn't planning on waking up until six but I guess my nerves thought otherwise. I cannot sleep at all.

Laz, please don't give up just yet! [face_praying] See? there's an offer right there!

6. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    Must be nice, e are leaving now, see everyone soon, i will drive with force speed, yeah that will teach those coppers.

7. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Okay...so who was everyone? I remember meeting HanChewie, Darth Haggis, Symina, JangosMom (at Cocos) and Syru, but couldn't keep names and faces (or costumes!) straight for everyone else. [face_blush] Can someone refresh my short memory?

BTW, It was awesome meeting and marching with you guys. I had a blast! You should have seen my dad's eyes when he saw the 501st on tape. :D DH, don't forget to post those pictures soon!

So when's the next event? ;)

8. hellraiser

hellraiser Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2006
    Hey all, My name is Curt.

I was the Sandtrooper with the black pauldron and backpack. Had a great time today...this was my first event in costume with the IEFF or 501st.

Didn't catch everyone's name but the parade was a total success and everyone seemed to enjoy the Star Wars theme. Thanks to those who invited, organized and provided the easy-up shelter for changing. That was cool.

Hope to do it again sometime.

Cheers! Curt

9. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    Hey everyone we had a blast, I am Ronnie, the goof who dropped the duble bladed saber showing off.
    I had a blast, my Wife Nikole aka Jedi Onasi (Whiteish tunik and green shoulder starps)
    we had a blast thank you to all the Storm Troopers, and to Vader that really won over the crowd for us.

10. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Thank you everyone for coming. I'll try and get all the pictures up tomorrow Cara. All in all, it was a good day.

11. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm sending out a HUGE thanks to everyone that participated in the parade. [:D] Bet you were all a terrific sight to see! =D= So sorry that I had to miss it! :_|

I really appreciate each of you and the effort that was put out! I'm guessing that 7th Street in Victorville has never had Stormtroopers or Darth Vader on it!! I'm sure it will never be the same again!

It's disappointing to report that we didn't win any of the prizes for our entry. If the crowd had a choice, I'd bet all of you would have won the grand prize!!

I'm going to talk to my contact at the Chamber of Commerce on Monday and see if I can get a copy of the parade footage. Maybe our local TV station will have. I'll let ya'll know what I find out.

Thanks again to everyone from the IEFF and the 501st and everybody else for making today so special!!

12. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    My husband and I had a GREAT time at the parade! It was nice to meet everybody. You all are a bunch of cool people and I can't wait for the next event. *pondering next costume to make*

That will be really cool if we can see the parade footage! Hope we can do it again next year! =D=

13. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Tee-hee. That would be AWESOME to see the local news footage! :) I want to see what we looked like marching down there, with Jedi Onasi to my left, Syru on the other side, and those two trying to keep Anakin's tabards from falling down; plus the Falcon trying to keep a good pace, HanChewie carrying the banner and making those awful jokes, the crowd cheering for Vader, and the stormtroopers mingling with the crowd. [face_laugh] It was great. Today I'm going to buy a newspaper and see if there are any clippings of us.

Yay! Now I feel like I've got a dosen new friends! :cool:

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Thanks to everybody who took part!

15. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Here are the pictures from the Parade and Party.

16. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Thanks Stalkerazzi, oops, I mean Darth Haggis, you rock! ;)

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm so bummed!! The Victorville paper didn't mention one word about having Jedi, Stormtroopers or Darth Vader in the parade. I wasn't expecting a front page story, but a little line within the parade write up about this first time happening would have been nice!! [face_frustrated]

18. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Wow! Great pics, Steve! (that IS your name,isn't it?) Looks like I hid for nothing...you got me! [face_blush]

Those pics of the party looked neat, too. Wish I coulda gone. :(

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Sorry I didn't get to meet you Cara! Steve, aka Darth Haggis, is our resident Jedi Photographer. I asked Santa for a camera like his for Christmas. Wonder if one will show up underneth the tree???

20. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    There's always next time. Hey, guess what, Jedifan77? I found out we've got the same first name, only spelled differently. :eek: I think I'm going to go by Cara or Undercover Jedi from now on, so if we're ever in the same spot, there's no confusion about who's calling whose name. :p

Whew! Thank goodness I got the name right! I kept getting Steve and the fellow who dressed up as Anakin...oh what was his name?...mixed up.

21. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Great Pics as always DH!

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    FYI: I sent a "Thank you" through the 501st fan mail board for their folks that participated in the parade. I didn't know the names of the troopers and Vader but explained the event and thanked them.

I got a reply stating they appreciated the positive feedback and would send the kudos on to the correct people.

I'm really bummed that I didn't get to meet them and see all of you guys in your full Star Wars attire!!!:_|

23. SuperB_at_Pooh

SuperB_at_Pooh Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2006
    thanks everyone who participated...i wasn't able to attend but did see the pics...good job everyone

24. SyruSkywalker

SyruSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2005
    Good times, good times! [face_dancing]

25. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    The following was Dazz's mission report for the parade:
    Your message JF was also quoted on the boards and a Kudo and big thanks was given out. [face_dancing] =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.