main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

if we did have another meeting... what would we seriously do?

Discussion in 'Archive: Bakersfield CA' started by Amithyst_Blade, Dec 10, 2004.

?

if we did have another meeting... what would we seriously do?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. go to the movies?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. discuss the books?

50.0%
  3. other

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
  2. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    this is bakersfield people... but there has to be something that we can do as a FanForce community...

please i stink at ideas...

or did our community just die...

3. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I am open to any suggestions that people have for meetings, but I never receive any. Half the time when I announce meetings people don't show up and when they do not a lot happens....

Could we get together to discuss the books? Absolutely! But we'd need to coordinate with each other what book we'd all read, give ourselves time to read it, and then finally meet. In order to do that we need people to be regularly active on this message board.

Could we all go to a movie together? Again, absolutely! But if no one gives any input and I just throw out a random day and time, chances are no one is going to show up.

I'm not going to force people to be online every single day and post on a silly message board, but with virtually *NO* activity here I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall when I do post, so I haven't been particularly active.

If anyone wants to do anything special for Episode III, you guys are going to have to start speaking up about it. Personally I would *love* to hang out at the theater all day in costume. But I'm not going to do that unless it's a group effort.

So please... speak and be heard!

4. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    See, this is what I'm talking about...

Anyone else care to say something?

5. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    maybe u could work on costumes or start lightsaber training?

6. Amithyst_Blade

Nov 14, 2001
    yea... i see what you're saying... i think people gave up on this a long time ago... i'm going to see if we can get a college get together at BC or something... *shrugs* who knows

7. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Still, planning activities such as costuming or lightsaber fighting requires people to show up. I'm not willing to schedule activities beyond bookstore meetings unless there's commitment from people and I can count on people to show up. I don't have the time to waste planning events no one is going to participate in.

8. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    San Diego fan force is talking about going to the endor set up in the mountains, i forget the relative location, but if they come from all the way in san diego, tulare fan force is probably going with. no plans on a date as of yet but check their boards if any one's interested.

9. JediPastor

JediPastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    I would love to get together with other fans in Bakersfield and make a movie. That's what I do for a living. I'm a videographer and have made a few Star Wars videos for my church youth group. These videos include 3D animations, blue screen filming and digital sets as well as lightsaber effects.

I'm looking to do another really good one.

Anyone interested?

pastormacman@mac.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.