main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ I'm getting too old for this sort of thing...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Darth Graal you don't need to be a collector to be a CR. Your passion for SW will suffice. ;)

OK so far we have nominations for Darth Graal and Humble extra, both of which are fine candidates.
    Humble, where are you situated at the moment? If you're hiding out in the North then (woo hoo one more for the good guys) it could potentially be an issue.

Keep voicing your opinions/nominations and anything else you'd like to offer.

2. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Darth Graal or Humble would be wise choices me thinks

But let the northern clan vote too please.

SFL regarding the sock thing most of us are responible enough not to do that
    well maybe everyone except Ace (j/k there Ace)

I know what you mean about the rules Ace, but we have to live within them and your turn will come, you maybe can take over in time for Ep III.

I also agree speeches are in order.

I am also open to bribes, cash cheques and some credit cards are accepted :D

3. Enapie

Enapie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2002
    Sound like two good candidates to me, better make those speeches good though :p

4. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    well firstly thanks for the nomination guys, i really appreciate it, but as i have moved north to wellington i don't think i could do it justice, and i am starting a very intensive course this coming monday and with my job as well, so although the blue name would be nice .....and although my heart may still be in the fair South (sob) i really think we should keep someone from the main group as CR (sorry Ace), just so he/she will be able to do the job properely, like organising social occasions and such, which by the sounds of it chans has be doing very well so far.....

5. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Sorry to hear that Humble.

Q: Is Mr. Buzz Bumble in the south? I nominate him to run against Graal if he does reside in the south. (Graal can't just get this handed to him on a plate! :p)

I too am open to bribes.

The whole using socks to vote - I was thinking of myself to rig the vote. I have many socks, and could easily take it out. However, I did enjoy ACE getting the blame. :) :p ;)

6. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Mr Bummble is in Auckland.

SFL, write a speech.

7. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Ok so I need to write a speech, I'll get around to it later today, I take it all we want is a brief outline of my involvement with star wars etc a background and why I feel I'd make a good city rep. If theres anything else I need to add just add it to this thread and I'll write the speech tonight when I get home.
    somehow I feel SFL will be making a critical apraisal of this speech so I want to make sure its up to his no doubt high expextations.

8. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Graal maybe send a draft to your new speech consultant SFL.

i am sure SFL or one of his staff of many socks will be able to help you write your speech

9. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    We need to know what your plans for us are. Can you promise us coke machines? free chuppa chupps? Life insurance? Superanuation? A holiday home in Fiji?

10. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    yeah, we want free stuff, and whatever is in your pockets

11. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    but humble I need my hands!!

12. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    well why should I be a city rep, an interesting question I suppose. I have been a star wars fan since being taken to see ESB way back in 1980 at the tender age of 5, I was enthralled, I remember sitting there completely silent and in awe of what was taking place on the screen in front of me, never had I imagined a movie like this. I also remember going to it again with my grandad, who only watched 2 types of movies, sci-fi's or westerns and he loved it too and later took me to see a re-release of star wars on the big screen so began a life long love of Star wars.

I believe I would make a good city rep, I'm good at organising social events (after spending six years working in the hospitality industry I should be!!) I cook a mean BBQ (a fact enapie, chansplace and SFL can attest to) and while I'm sorry I cannot provide you with coke machines, chuppa chups, or slushfunds. I can provide you with a knowledgable local guide ,a place to stay and a slap up breakfast of american style pancakes (sundays only between 10 and 12!!) should you ever make it to christchurch.
    I'm also quite a mine of information when it comes to star wars gaming having played nearly all of them to death in an effort to immerse myself in the star wars universe.
    so thats bout it really, as you can tell I'm not to great at writing speeches so its better to keep it short and sweet aye! :)

13. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    do you love democracy? AND the republic??

oh, saw AOTC again tonight, i swear that tall cloner alien says "jake" not jango, i swear!

14. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Hmmm...

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_1/Characters/Yoda/swig345.jpg]

"How feel you?"

15. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    he does say jake

16. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    yes well democracy has its place but the republic is falling apart, perhaps I need some emergency powers tee hee!

17. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hmm hard to see the dark side is.

18. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
    always in motion is the future

19. Darth Sebious

Apr 21, 2000
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_1/Characters/Yoda/movie_yoda.jpg]

"Afraid, are you?"

20. Darth_Graal

Nov 19, 2001
  21. Enapie

Enapie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2002
    Nice speech Graal :)

I will second that you do cook a mean BBQ.

You have my vote for city rep!! (shame about the coke machine though :p )

22. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    we shouldn't be so hard on graal, hell, i am still waiting for the set of steak knives SWNZ promised me back in 2000

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    1/ SWNZ - I will not write a speech, for at the start I informed all I would not run for C.R (although I'd love to!)

Graal cooks mean BBQ and Steaks. However... he does mock me about the beer I consume. [face_plain]

ah, he gets my vote.

now, about staying at your place and getting more free pancakes! :D :D :D

(BTW: I didn't hear you get up that morning and I felt uncomfortable getting up/having a shower etc in a new persons home.)

To all those who dont have a clue: I stayed in bed till about midday and got up to fresh cooked pancakes! Graal and his miss's are great hosts! :)

//it was soooo good sleeping in and reading some of the Sil.//

24. Darth Sebious

Apr 21, 2000
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_1/Characters/Yoda/ew3.jpg]

"Hmm..."

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_1/Characters/Yoda/swig346.jpg]

"Confer on you, the level of City Rep, the council does."

aka. You've got my vote, Graal.

25. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    oh, crap!

Being City Rep = having a blue name!

damnit - why did I not bother to try!

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.