main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Important!- Read and respond please

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Hulk, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Our meeting on Saturday involved two people- me and Lisa. Now we understand that folks are busy and have things going on that supersede the meetings, but I didn't hear from anyone who said they couldn't make it. If you guys aren't down for the day we have chosen to meet or the time then please, please, please let Lisa and I know and we would be happy to rearrange the time and day to fit better with everyone's schedule.

Lisa and I sat and talked for a good hour and discussed the state of the Fanforce. We had real talk about just disbanding the group and just hanging out as friends when it is feasible. We don't mind doing it, especially if people aren't going to show up. We just want to hang out together with our friends. However that is done is fine by us. Fanforce has had a great run and it would not be a shame for our chapter to run its course. Nothing can last forever. All good things must end as they say. I hope I hear from you guys on this subject. To have a group we have to have some people show up sometimes you know?

On another note, I am going to go see Iron Man and I would love to have my geek squad with me to nerd out on this movie. Contact me if you truly want to go. We'll set it up!

2. JEDI_SHADOWTECH

JEDI_SHADOWTECH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    My dad was fixing my mother's car
    so my dsriver had no vechile
    although I could have made some other type of arragments

I would'nt mind seeing Iron Man with you guys;
    only I won't be able to see it on opening day
    cause I have a doctors appointmet [face_worried]

3. Darkrider62

Darkrider62 Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2007
    As per usual, I couldn't get that week-end out when I work at my church. I tried by we were short handed and was asked. Then, as per usual, I've gotten very busy with work. I really want to make it to the next meeting. I do miss seeing everyone. However, I can say that the third Saturday of each month is easier for me to make to the meeting.

Susan

4. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I agree with Marselles. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get people together. This is not just about Star Wars, this is about a great group of friends. We all love the same sorts of things, and it's always so much fun to just sit and hang out and share our geekdom together.

Our meetings are usually the third Saturday of the month. Is noon a better time for people? Or is 5:30 still ok? Would it help if we had the meetings in a different location? There are other comic book shops we could meet at that might be more convenient, or we could concentrate on meeting for specific activities like dinner, movies, video games, laser tag.

We would love your ideas and suggestions.

5. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Hola Folks, don't throw in the towel just yet, keep in mind we have some upcoming things with SW in Mind (Clone Wars will be huge!!)

I have new Troops in the making on the 501st side and we will always continue to work exclusively with SA FanForce on joint events.

Not to mention ANOTHER ACS Party and I know that the people in Boerne contacted our crew for some upcoming things as well.

I know my Saturdays are kinda busy with training, I am working on opening a Martial Arts gym soon and it has even took presidence over my time even with the Garrison.

But, if you want, either Mars or Lisa or both, please contact me so we can look in to getting some things planned for SAFF peoples once again.

Laterz

- J

6. JediEric1

JediEric1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2008
    Hi there...

I am new and my name is Eric. I joined this forum because it seems that you all have fun and are really a great group of people to know. I would really love to attend your next meeting, if you'll have me, and get to know you all and maybe even compare Star Wars stories.

I will check this forum for a date and time...i assume that is the right thing to do. Let me know if there is something official or some initiation process I need to complete. thanks.

May the force be with us all,
    Eric

7. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Welcome!!! We are always happy to have new members!!!

8. Darkrider62

Darkrider62 Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2007
    Yeah, someone new.

Say, I wasn't able to make it to the parade but I did get a glimpse at all of yall.

As for meetings, noon actually makes it better for me on Saturdays.

9. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Hey, Susan, good to see you on here. That was actually Star Wars Society in the parade on Saturday. So Noon works better for you for the meeting? That is fine with me. Anybody else want to chime in?

And welcome, Eric! It's always good to see new people on here. I'll post the meeting info on the boards when it gets closer, and you can send me your email address if you would like to be added to the mailing list.

Lisa
    jedigroupie@hotmail.com

10. Jedi_Master_Cimental

Jedi_Master_Cimental Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2008
    I am not new to this site I was on around the time 3 was let out and there was someone with a clone trooper outfit I am here looking for him or anyone that may help me out in this matter I have a clone helmet but do not know where to get the body there is not much on e-bay now days... and I would love to join yall I"m from Seguin 36mil away and have no car but am willing to pay a taxi to go to a meeting if I may join.

11. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    Welcome!

You are more than welcome to join us! John is actually the one who had the Clone trooper armor. He goes by ObiJuan70 on here, so try sending him a private message. If you still can't get in touch with him, send me an email at jedigroupie@hotmail.com, and I can get you in touch with him.

Thanks,
    Lisa

12. Jedi_Master_Cimental

Jedi_Master_Cimental Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2008
    I could not find him...

13. robkun

robkun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    hi there you all, i just want to say that i am a former member of fan force and my stay with you guys was awesome. it saddens me to hear that fanforce want's to disband. as a star wars and sci fi geek, i would hate to see that happen. like john said just hang in there and stay positive. everything will be fine. i would love for one day to be able to do things together, meaning sa fanforce, swssa, sscot and swssm. it would be nice to do charitie events and even the clone war premire together. just a suggestion. it's up to you fan force, let me know or just post it on the boards. tale care everyone. rob!

14. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I didn't say we WANT to disband. I was just putting that out there because we've had a dearth of attendance at meetings and I was just getting a feeler for what folks want to do. Folks weren't giving any input and I had to say something to get some feedback.

We're still here.

15. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    No, we are definitely not going anywhere. We had a rough couple of months, but I don't think any of us are ready to throw in the towel just yet. We've gotten a lot of input from people in the past few weeks, and we have a much clearer vision of what we all want out of the group now. I know I'm very encouraged and enthusiastic about some of the things we've talked about, and look forward to seeing everyone next month on June 21st!

Thanks for dropping by, Rob, and I hope you are doing well.
    Lisa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.