main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends In Motion - (Xanatos and others) - ch 7 (9-19-10) - Could it really be an update?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Noi, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nada_smith

nada_smith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2006
    So "In the Moment" Qui-Gon was a trial for all his padawans, hmmm? ;)

I hope the explosion wasn't linked to Xanatos' original plans and actions on Bandomeer. How unfortunate if he wasn't able to halt the consequences of his actions in spite of his changed intent.

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    A reformed Xan protecting Obi - love it. So glad to see an update.

3. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Wow this story is really sweet. I love Xan with a conscience. And interesting to contemplate that he might have been a pivot in the whole saga history -- for positive or negative, depending on how he himself swings .... this is why I love fanfiction. The what-ifs.

And this:

Never before had he plunged into a situation without a clear understanding of what he was facing ? and without a back door. At least, not since he was padawan to Qui-Gon Jinn.

Really got to me for some reason.

Lovely update.

4. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    Yay! A Xani story![face_love]
    Realy well written and just... Wow. *stares at screen waiting for update*[face_hypnotized]
    Evil cliffie! [face_shame_on_you]
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    This is wonderful.[face_dancing]
    It is good to see Xan and Qui actually talking and Xan is trying to prevent a terrible future from happening.

This is better that Xan trying to kill Obi and Qui.

I am enjoying this story.=D=

6. Icepaw_Kenobi

Icepaw_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2009
    Just reread it... so I had to ask. More soon!?!?!? (please) [face_praying]

7. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Oh! Oh! Oh! Yes please! More please!![face_batting]

8. Broken_Circle

Broken_Circle Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2007
    More please? I just got caught up after having been away from things for a while and the last two updates were fantastic!

9. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    nada_smith - I have to imagine that being Qui-Gon's padawan was full of difficulties and entirely impossible to plan for.

Valairy_Scot - Yes, the Force got to Xan and he is reformed.

ratna - The idea of Xan plunging into a situation without fully understanding it got to me also. I think for someone as meticulous as Xan, having a master who lived in the moment would be difficult.

Icepaw_Kenobi - Yeah, evil cliffie that took over a year to be resolved ... sort of.

Gkilkenny - The visions really got to Xan.

Broken_Circle - Yeah, just realized how long I have let my stories go without attention.

Chapter 7

?Xanatos??

Xanatos didn?t move for a moment, testing the waters of the Force to see what danger still lurked in the mine. There was tension in the Force, but it seemed to be devoid of any imminent warning. Slowly relinquishing his grip on the bubble surrounding him and Obi-Wan, Xanatos allowed the debris, mostly silt and small rocks, to slide off of them, and welcomed the red glow of blinking lights back into existence.

?At least we didn?t lose emergency power,? he murmured as he stretched as high as the narrowed ceiling would allow and then folded himself into a sitting position. ?Are you okay??

?Maybe some bumps and bruises,? the boy said shyly. ?I hit the ground pretty hard.?

?I am sorry about that ??

?Your head,? the boy gasped, just as a slight ooze of blood dripped down over Xanatos? eye.

?Ah, the stray rock wasn?t my imagination, then.? It had smacked into him before he could wrap the Force around them. He ripped one of his sleeves off, not certain Corellian silk would make the best bandage. Sighing, he tied it around his head. He hated being right. If Qui-Gon had just ? the realization seemed to hit both of them at the same time.

?Where?s Master Qui-Gon?? Obi-Wan asked.

?Over here,? the Jedi master replied with a cough.

Xanatos and Obi-Wan scrambled toward Qui-Gon. The Jedi master had been closer to the entrance of the tunnel and had therefore been subject to heavier debris. Though he was mostly unburied, it was obvious his leg was pinned. Aided by the Force, Xanatos quickly dug out the appendage, grimacing at the odd angle of his former master?s boot.

?It?s broken, isn?t it?? Qui-Gon said softly. He seemed calm, but tense lines of pain etched his face.

?Yes,? Xanatos agreed with a nod. ?Quite obviously so.?

?What do we do?? Obi-Wan asked.

?Fortunately, one of us had the presence of mind to grab a tracking bracelet before running headlong into danger,? Xanatos nearly growled out in frustration. He felt like a padawan again, picking up the pieces of Qui-Gon?s ?in the moment? impetuousness. ?They should find us, but we may be here for a while.?

?I need you to set my leg,? Qui-Gon said to him. It wasn?t the apology Xanatos was hoping for, but he felt a slight amount of satisfaction in having the master admit he needed help.

?I would be happy to,? Xanatos bit back sarcastically. ?There should be an emergency supply cabinent here. I might be able to find something to splint it.?

Xanatos tossed Obi-Wan his comlink. ?See if you can get anyone on one of the channels.? The boy went right to work, seemingly glad to have a job to distract him.

Xanatos found the supply cabinent, but his attention was drawn to a consol located directly by it. Temperature, relative humidity ? both were bearable. Oxygen levels ? still normal, despite the cave-in. That didn?t seem right. Instinct told him that the air felt too sluggish to have that much oxygen left. He opened the supply cabinent. It had been nearly crushed by falling debris, but he salvaged a dinged up first aid kit, five unbusted bottles of water, a handful of ration bars, and unfortunately only one breathing mask with air supply.

As he turned with the supplies, a glint in the opposite corner caught his attention. He took the supplies and dropped them by Qui-Gon before returning to the strange reflection. Igniting his lightsaber, he shaved a piece from the wall and studied it

10. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Cruel evil woman! Make me wait this long for an update and this is how you leave me hanging? So glad Xan has come to his senses but I'd hate to have him sacrifice himself. He and Obi-Wan need to become friends. [face_love]

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I hope Xanatos doesn't die and leave Obi-Wan with Jinn.[face_shame_on_you]

Obi-Wan will rescue them. Keep repeating it.[face_hypnotized]

Great post.=D=

12. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    An update! [face_dancing]

It looks as if a friendship between Xan and Obi-Wan could be a strong possibility. And maybe a reconcilliation between Xan and his former mentor, or maybe just a truce. :)

Wonderful chapter and well worth the wait!

13. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    That is an awesome fic!!

I would dearly love a PM when you update this.

Love the whole nod to A Christmas Carol too :) Awesome

Eg

14. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Ooh so glad to see this up!! Every bit worth the wait. The path has changed, but hopefully there is enough crisis and peril here to bond Qui and Obi. And with Xan still in the mix, methinks Ani will have a very different up-bringing. So thrilled that you are continuing this!

15. The_Nerfherder

The_Nerfherder Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2010
    I like your version of Xanatos. Well written. Is there a PM list that I could be added to? :D

16. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Yikes! Wow, waiting eagerly for some more.

17. Broken_Circle

Broken_Circle Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2007
    Yay! Update! And... No! Don't kill Xanatos! *Makes puppy eyes* Please update again soon?

18. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Oh.....I love Xanatos redemption stories. Hopefully we can get an update soon.

19. nada_smith

nada_smith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2006
    It was so nice to see a re-emergence of Xanatos and Qui-Gon's teamwork as Xan set his leg. So sad that it may all be lost as soon as it was found.

Good Xan for being accepting of this seemingly unavoidable fate, but I hope the Force will show mercy. If nothing else, Obi-Wan is a stubborn and resourceful boy and will do everything he can to rescue them. Right?

Lovely job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.