main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

INappropriate Use of Mod Power

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by Saberwielder315, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    In response to the recent Banning of Joe (F16Warbird) I would like to point out that the mod: MacCaffrey, is using his mod power INappropriately. One, Joe used words that were not against the TOS. Plus, the post was funny, and no other mods seemed to care seeing as it took a week for a mod from a German fanforce to lock it.

Then I make a post congratulating my friend for getting his topic finally locked, wich also is not against the TOS. This mod is obviously taking advantage of his moderating powers and it is not appreciated here. We are a fun, loving, and humerous group. If you don't like our humor, then don't read it. But don't lock it just because you don't like it.

I would like my post to be unlocked and Joe's put back some how.

Thank You.

2. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Julian my love, tell Anu or Meri. They might be able to help our ban happy friend.

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Our german friend as you put it is the FF GSA not just an RSA from Germany. It took a week for someone to find it since in the OFH all the RSA's know I have been away for the past month and were watching the region for me.

He did violate the TOS with his wonderful thread title with the creative spelling of the "f" word.
    As far as saber was concerned I did not see the post however from my understanding he was posting encouraging others to violate the TOS.

You can complain all you like to meri and Anu however a violation of the tos is just what it is and banning is the common proceedure. Your best bet is to complain to the GSA's if you dont agree. They r the only ones who can make a decision on this particular matter since a GSA is the one who did the banning.

4. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I think people need to re-read the TOS. because if I can say "Frack", then "Fhuck" must be acceptable seeing that it is not actually a swear word. Plus, everything was in proper termonology. I read it againg yesterday just to amuse myself, and there were no rules broken. Plus, even if you were away, there are plenty of other mods around who i'm SURE looked at this thread, and didn't see a problem.

5. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    His post was a story. He was NOT encouraging others to violate the TOS. Julian was pointing out that it took a week for someone to actually FIND it. Not inapproriate at all. Just some ban happy mod as all you mods are. Thinking your god or something of the boards.

You guys need to get your act together, and do your jobs the right way and not the "omg i have powers im gonna ban and edit everyone" way.

And the only reason im involved in this is because you never do your job and frankly, i know a lot of people are sick of it and i seem to be the only one with the mouth to speak up and heck, im not even IN fan force anymore.

6. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Hey guys. Looks like it?s a bit of a mess in here. I wasn?t asked to post, I decided to come in and say a few things, because I think the war here has to end. It?s doing no good to anyone. I think because the mods (where-ever they come from) are kinda faceless, you don?t see them as humans sometimes. Well you know me, I ain?t faceless. I hope you also know I ain?t powercrazy either. I am sure there are MEPA members who can tell you that, they can vouch for me.

The thread in question had two TOS violations, I have seen the exact post. One over drinking and one over a banned word. It was locked, yeah after a week, but that is irrelevant. Joe knows that. And I don?t have any problems with you guys, I think the world of you. But the line was crossed, a mod saw it, and action was taken.

Sam, I know how you feel, Joe has been banned and other stuff. I am sorry. But you fighting isn?t going to do any good. Please, just let it go.

The other problem was that people in positions of authority in MEPA and Philly applauded it, rather than staying well clear, the best thing you could have done really. These are your forums, but they are hosted by someone else. If you are invited to someone?s house, do you then throw stuff round in a mood to prove a point? Please, for the sake of my sanity as much as the other very human moderators, can we all drop it now?

Good start to my RSA position lol, thanks very much you beggars :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.