main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph INCEPTION- Christopher (BWONNNNG) Nolan's (BWONNNNG) new (BWONNG) film (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    The charts are neat looking, but a normal person would only need them if they were making dinner while watching it from the other room.

And when I walked out of the theater, I thought it ended at just the right spot because they could have gone another 20 minutes like Primer did and just leave you in total disorientation. I think if a major movie tried to go out like Primer did, you'd be causing riots in the streets.

2. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Saw the Cinematographer of this in action filming his latest project, Moneyball.

3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Oi! Don't you diss Talulah Riley!

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

5. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    I Googled her online... She probably would've looked better if she stayed a brunette :p

6. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
  7. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000

8. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I quite agree, blonde is really not her colour. :p

9. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I thought she didn't look bad...that dress seemed a bit inappropriate for where she was though.

10. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Her eyes also reminded me of this guy

[image=http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/sloth-goonies.jpg]

[face_whistling]

*RUNS AWAY*

11. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't think this has been posted here yet- some observant viewer thinks he's worked out Cobb's true totem.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    But if the ring exists (on his hand) only in the dream world, then it can't be a totem. The top and Juno's chess piece existed in the real world; the ring obviously wasn't on Leo's person. I think the wedding ring just meant that he hadn't gotten over his wife and that's one of the ways in which it manifested. Since he had gotten over her and the guilt by the end, it still could easily be a dream.

...Now I'm biting my tongue to keep from complaining about the nonsensical logic of the totems.

13. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Mar17swgirl posted:
    I quite agree, blonde is really not her colour. :p

[/blockquote]

She's looked worse:[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a7/Forest_Of_The_Dead.JPG]
    In the sequel she'll turn up and tell Cobb to look at the children's faces...

14. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Ahhh, of course, I was wondering why all that "film cut" experiences in the dream world in Inception were so familiar... :D

15. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  17. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
  18. TheGDBatman

TheGDBatman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2010
    What's so illogical about the totems?

It's simply to show them they are not in someone else's dream. Not to show they are not dreaming at all. The only reason the top keeps spinning in the dream world is because spinning the top was the inception. The simple idea planted in his wife's head that the world was not real. Ofcourse it's quite a mind bender and I've only seen it once.

Great flick! What I loved the most is the way Nolan keeps you on your toes throughout the movie. Once a concept is understood he drops out the floor to give you another. Every time a plan is established things immediately go awry. I think Nolan has really become a master of his craft. I don't need Batman 3 to blow Dark Knight out of the water, but Inception goes to show he's becoming more capable with every film.

Loved the MC Escher parts as well. ;)

19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Except his wedding ring would have disappeared in the dream after he let go the guilt of his wife's death, so it doesn't help anything.

21. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Yeah I realised that too. And also, having seen the film again, he explicitly says "in my dreams, we're still together". So it's not much of an eagle-eyed catch after all, it's just a logical consequence of something Cobb states aloud.

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Unless he happens to still be wearing his ring when he visits old Saito...

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    My initial reaction to the ending is that when Cobb wakes up on the plane he is not in reality. The architect told him not to get lost and he did.

However, I do like the idea that Mal was right and Cobb was in a dream world the entire time and that makes the ending rather bitter sweet as he is going to be happy where he is but he is indeed dreaming.

I do not think for a moment that the top at the end eventually fell, as the shot of the kids is the same as it was through the rest of the film just with the added moment where they turn and greet him. This does not effect the reality of the film, his memory of that moment could simply be getting projected to fill it in at the end of the film.

Anyway, GREAT movie. I was almost gonna go see predators a 2nd time but Femi MADE me go see Inception.

24. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    He is wearing the ring when he visits old Saito. I noticed that on my second viewing, but I couldn't tell if he is wearing a ring or not in the movie's final sequence.

25. TheGDBatman

TheGDBatman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2010
    Good call VadersLament, I also thought they looked too young. It seemed to me that going on the run, hooking up with all these dream theifs and doing all these jobs must have happened over the span of a few years at least. I also got the feeling his daughter sounded older on the phone.