main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Cyrstal Skull

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by cmdrwillard, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
  2. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Good call. I'm starting to finally get excited for this. Can't wait to see the trailer!

3. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    Can't wait to see the Toys!!!

4. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Saw the trailer on Good Morning America. Looks pretty good although they did not show a lot. Can't wait til May 22nd.

5. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
  6. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    It looks totally sweet!!!!

7. Darth_Savatch

Darth_Savatch Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    It's Indy, doing what he does best, but used to do better from the looks of it ("Damn, I thought that was closer"). Great comedic possibilities and the action scenes look stunning, what little of them they do show. Do my eyes deceive me or does it look like the new baddies are looking for a certain artifact of the Covenant? An Ark perhaps? That room o' crates looks mighty familiar.....

Anyway, to hell with any fears or doubts I once had, this movie will be awesome. Even with Transformers boy.

"You're a teacher?"
    "Part time. *Harrison Ford smirk*"

Kick ass... why isn't it MAY YET?!?!

8. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    So is everyone still gun-ho for doing the Indy campout? If not, I say we rethink our approach and just do our traditional midnight release get together.
    What does everyone else think?

9. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    I was never "gun-ho" for a campout. If you do go through with it I will not be there.[face_talk_hand]

I'll see you at the midnight release![face_peace]

10. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Well, if everyone isn't for it, then I say we stick to a simple midnight release event.

11. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44160

Mentions possible fifth movie.

12. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Just a heads up, Fandango has midnight showing tickets on sale right now.

13. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    That is great info Majestic has midnight show tickets on sale starting today been going there every day to get my ticket but they finaly updated the site to sell the tickets.

9.75 after the online fee. See you there if you are at the majestic in meridian.

14. danbinks

May 6, 2004
    So, we're not seeing this as a club?:(
    I got my ticket (for Edwards) when I went to see Iron Man last Friday![face_worried] [face_beatup]

15. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Well the plan was to camp out at the majestic and see it there. from previous post it looked like people are not for the camping out part now but did not hear any word of location change so i bought my tickets from original plans. Feb Meeting minutes.

16. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    So who all is planning on seeing this as a club at the Majestic I know Me and Eric, I invited peter. Have not heard if Kasey or MArcus are going opening night also told dan he could exchange his ticket at the meeting do not know if he did that or not, or if he plans to.

I hope to see you guys there.

17. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I am very excited for this movie. Ron please save me a seat, pretty please with sugar on top....

18. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    I will be going to a 6:45pm showing Thursday night with my brother at the 21.

19. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    I did enjoy the Movie, I miss the Germans but oh well cold war, And Dr.Jones and Cocroaches are the only things that can survive a nuclear blast.

Shia did a good job playing a Greaser.
    I like how George and Steven Like to have Aliens in thier movies. I like the references to the Arc in the Nevada base.

20. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    For me, I was just looking for a fun film. Let me say, this was definitely an Indy film, no question. However, there were just a few moments that seemed out of place.

The opening shot of the prairie dog, I just didn't quite get that. It was rather unspectacular. And they kept popping up, to much. Every a few minutes, "look, a prairie dog."
    Everything in Area 51 was great. However, the atomic bomb test was a bit much, WAY to much. I mean these films are meant to suspend disbelief, but that was to much.
    The monkey's, again, oddly out of place. And the ending was a bit of fizzle, not to mention I don't actually like there being a space ship, I much preferred the subtle themes flowing throughout the film rather than an in your face ending like that one.
    All that said, it still offered tons of great moments sprinkled throughout a fairly lackluster storyline. I would've liked a lot MORE of Marion, because every scene that she was in that she actually had dialog, she was awesome. In fact, LaBeouf shined in the film, as did Harrison. Loved the references to Brody and Dad, and I loved all the action sequences. Classic Indy with creepy crawlies, those ants were just crazy!
    I thought there wasn't enough "whip" action and that was disappointing.
    Loved the Ark making a quick little appearance and the part with Indy and the snake topped the film as best moment, although the part with Mutt and the hat at the tail end wasn't bad either.

Overall, it was an entertaining film that served its purpose. It did seem some of the passion of the older films was missing. Maybe the creative trio is just getting to damn old. In fact, I'd like to see something new from Lucas now, and I'd also like to see something big and eye opening from Spielberg, since he hasn't done anything jaw dropping in many years.

I liked the film, but can't say I loved it. It's a "B" in my book, keeping the classic serial film without an overload of CGI. Beyond the few out of place things I mentioned, the film wasn't bad. But again, it wasn't great either.

21. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    I thought the Space ship at the end was a perfect ending and a logical way for the alien bodies to disapear so we would have no historical remains.

Well in the nevada desert where area 51 is supose to be in the 50's they did lots a bomb testing and it was the whole put your head between your legs and kiss your you know what good bye. that the russians are going to bomb the usa anytime. I feel that there beeing testing done and Indy to see the town in the distance and then show up and finding out that it was not a real town but a test site was good and to get in one of the old lead fridges to save his life. I felt it was a great humor from our past.

the praire dogs were not needed in the begining unless you really wanted to keep the part where they see the rocket fly by in awe. and the one that sees indy after getting out of the fridge but they were there for some comic relief.

22. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    A lot of reviewers are really having a hard time with the fact it's aliens that make up the plot. People are weird.

23. Darth_Savatch

Darth_Savatch Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2006
    Just saw it yesterday. Not bad, though a far less emotional piece than Last Crusade or even Raiders was, but still undoubetly a Jones adventure serial. Indy still has what it takes, and the aliens at the end was a cool touch. That theory has been kicked around for quite while, and it's been used in Sci Fi before, ie Stargate, but it's nice to see someone taking it seriously again.

Still not a big LaBeauf fan, but he didn't destroy the picture, which was good. Actually, the fact that I'm slightly annoyed with the kid may have helped it, since there's some tension between him and the good Doctor Jones. Karen Allen still looks the same as she did in Raiders, now 27 years later, how the hell?! And it's weird seeing Galadriel as a fencing psychic Russian, but it was still a very entertaining flick. Indy has now survived Nazi's, Jewish/Christian/Tuggee relics, UFOs and an ATOM BOMB (Which I thought was a ridiculously funny scene just because of how ludicrous it was. "I like Ike"). The man is unstoppable, John McClaine has nothing on this.

All this just psyches me up for the next big sequel of the summer, The Dark Knight. Hopefully, that'll be good too.

24. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Everyone realizes that the A Bomb did not detonate in the fake city right? Those tests were to see what blast damages were caused from a distance. The crazy thing Indy survived was being tossed to and from inside a steel fridge without getting a broken bone....that was the silly thing.

25. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Yeah, he should have looked like mayonnaise coming out of that fridge...or ketchup!
    It was obviously meant to be over the top, but was it to "over the top" for "over the top?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.