main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
  2. bad_feeling_haver

bad_feeling_haver Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2008
    Nice one.:D ...oh, those elevators...[face_frustrated]

Yeah, it's an RPG game for PC and xbox 360 created by Bioware, which is the developer that made KOTOR (the first one). The sequel just came out about a week ago. If you want more information there's also a wikia for it, but that also has spoilers for the first game and the new one.

3. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    It's the best game I've played, I think I can safely say.

And thanks for the support bad_feeling_haver, and yes while I'm inclined to say that Cereberus would / should be the main means of driving the story forward, there are so many other possibilities.

I mean there is the salarian STG (Special Tasks Group), asari commando units, mercenaries, anything really.

Also during the timeframe, there was a general Geth remnant mop-up campaign undertaken by the Council and primarily the Systems Alliance...

4. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
    Yeah I loved KOTOR.... I would definitely play a Mass Effect RP.

5. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Anyone here know Captain Scarlet?

6. bad_feeling_haver

bad_feeling_haver Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2008
    @Lemelisk: You're welcome. Keep me updated on the game if you pursue it.

7. Cad_Bane

Cad_Bane Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2009
    As in Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons, the old Supermariontte series from Gerry Anderson? If so, then yes.

8. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    How interested are you guys in a Warhammer 40 000 RP? It might be a bit hard to set up though, some previous knowledge might be necessary to be able to participate, more than can be fed into an introduction post (It has taken me several play sessions with my RL Group for them to truly feel comfortable in the universe, and yet they know so little..It's huge!). And seeing that there's no 40k RP around it's either A) No one has thought of it, or B) Not many (if any at all) has had any experience with the 40k Fluff around here.

However if there's people out there with even a general Fluffy knowledge (meaning, not Dawn of War/Table Top as it's designed to be 'fun' games and isn't good representatives to the Fluff universe) I would be interested to try and GM one, hopefully with another a bit more experienced FRPG GM.

Cheers :)

9. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Well, it´s been some time and somehow hte idea of a Mass Effect Game is growing on me. Don´t ask me why. It just is. Having just beaten ME2 for the second time, I think I would like to do it. I must make up my mind, if I can do it. But I would want to see more of that Galaxy.

And I got plenty of ideas . . .

10. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I still have yet to play ME2. [face_tired]

11. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Old man is getting hungry, hm? Go, go and creatr one. A nice short Codex Game, probably? If it roles, I´ll do the sequel personally. Promise!

12. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    A pretty blunt question. Have you played ME2 in english? I surely haven´t. Pretty good dub is it? Yeah, everytime I play it, I hear the German voices, these days ;)

13. The_Dark_Overlord

Apr 16, 2002
    I'm up for some ME2, could even co-gm / write if needed :) (btw german dubs are never good :p)

14. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I had a rather bizarre idea in between fits of sleep riding the subway yesterday. Would anyone be interested in a game about a tribe of neanderthals and a tribe of Homo sapiens invaders warring over a patch of land? Players could play as either species...both would seem strange and alien to the other...

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Okay, so I'm thinking of making a sequel to my DnD game The Saga of the Nameless Lands, only this time I intend to run the game on these boards as opposed to via AIM. Said plot would occur sufficiently far in the future of the campaign setting that knowledge of the previous plot line would need to be cursory at best.

In a less roundabout way - Anyone up for some homebrew Fourth Edition Dungeons and Dragons, no previous experience required?

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Sometimes I wish I knew...anything about D&D.

17. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Then come learn some, Matt! It's actually not that hard to understand at the mathematical level, and from what I hear 4e streamlines things considerably compared to the 3.5 system which I'm most familiar with.

I will always support D&D, whatever edition, on the NSWRPF. I just wish I had the time to play it. :(

18. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Knowing anything about D&D is strictly optional. If you had to know anything to play, no one would ever start. That's what asking other people questions is for. If you can't get an answer from the group you're playing with, they might not be that fun to play with. Anyways, I sort of use this thread for various d20 chat stuff. The D&D runthrough Saint and I gave starts on page 5 if you're at the 50 post per page megaman setting, or page 10 if you're at the 25 posts per page setting.

19. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006

How significantly far in the future my good DM?

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    30 or so years, if you want to get into particulars. Any returning characters would be at least in their 50s (Though for some races that's not really an issue).

And Matt, absolutely no experience necessary, just an urge to play in a western fantasy setting.

21. The_Dark_Overlord

Apr 16, 2002
    What about an episode based Zombie RP in the style of Shaun of the dead and Zombieland?

Big guns, explosions and one-liners?

22. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I loved to see a good zombie game fly on these boards. But Zombie games and comedies have had bad Karma around here, really. *sighs* So, you got my support ALL the way. But there are easeier things to try around here. Than raising the dead.

23. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I'll give it some more serious consideration, now. The first thing I thought when I read "Western Fantasy" was cowboys and orcs. Which is not what you meant, but...that's awesome.

Anyway, I've been sort of designing a new RP of my own to address problems with my own GMing. Very different sort of deal from AFaS, but in taking on something different I hope to expand my scope and improve my skill. It looks something like this:

[blockquote][i][b][link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXW-mtWitAg]"?Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by the sense of touch, because everyone can see, but only a few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are, and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion.?[/link] - Niccolo Machiavelli

After 25,00 years of decaying glory, of growing entropy and disillusionment...
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100115192302/starwars/images/1/17/Coruscant-AoTCW.jpg]
    ...Coruscant has been renamed. It is only one of many changes the new Emperor has put into place.
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080610031227/starwars/images/5/5c/Coruscant_at_night.jpg]
    The New Order spreads its influence throughout the Galaxy.
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070308015511/starwars/images/8/80/Declaration.jpg]
    Some accept it.
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060126174247/starwars/images/7/7d/Anaxes.jpg]
    Others chafe under its rule.
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090626184659/starwars/images/3/34/Bail_Organa_and_Mon_Mothma.jpg]
    But all ultimately bend to its unstoppable power. Worlds burn in the purging fires of Peace. Thousands of races are broken and brought to heel while others are richly rewarded for their obedience and collaboration. Order dearly bought.
    [image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070118201333/starwars/images/3/3e/SWEMP36-FC.jpg]
    Amidst the conflict, there is opportunity. One need only be able to recognize it, and seize it.

One family, ancient and respected in the seat of power...
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080430135449/starwars/images/3/31/Senatebldg.JPG]
    ...will decide its own fate.[/i]

[color=blue]IMPERIAL CENTER[/color][/b][/blockquote]

A new drama from [b]BobaMatt[/b]
    [hr]
    Eh? Eh?

24. The_Dark_Overlord

Apr 16, 2002
    Dear Mother

Life is harsh in the city, I look out through my tiny window and see nothing but buildings.
    Though I am in luck, my small room is cramped atop a four story building and I have a view that reaches into the distant horizon. Still, that whole view is painted with black smoke from chimneys and like pillars of death they reach into the sky.
    I have my own room and fresh water every day. Others at the factory have worse conditions. They live many in small rooms not bigger than prison cells, but what are they to do? What are we to do? What can we do in this wretched life god throws us? Sometimes I think he has abandoned us all and left us to the devil..

The air is horrible, it is thick with pollution and it is hard to breathe, I miss my days at the cottage,
    I miss the days where I could run down to the creek and fish with father. I know you miss him, as do I. It is unfortunate that life throws us apart. If only father was alive..

How is Meredith? Has she found herself a boy yet? I fondly remember our conversations in Henderson?s barn where she asked me all about boys! Boys boys boys, that was all she could talk about. I miss you all mother, how are you? I hope you are receiving the money I send every week, I hope soon we are free from debt and we can begin life anew. So I can leave this horrible place and walk among grass, trees and colors!
    Mr. Blackmurry, the factory owner sits in his glassed office every day, from morning to late night and watches us. He is pure evil mother I tell you, the slightest mistake and he punishes all of us! He sends young children to clean inside the huge machines and they far to often fall victim for their hunger. They eat them alive and spit them out in pieces! But does he care? No! He sends for another to replace the former and continues to feed them!

Our products are sent all around Europe, finest in the world he proclaims when he is in a good mood. Finest in the world! Finest in the world but paid with the blood of young children! Where, where is god?!

I miss the smell of newly blossomed flowers in the morning, I miss the laughter of my sisters..
    I miss Hannah, is she waiting for me? I think of her every day and my heart feels like it is going to burst if I do not see her soon!
    Oh wonderful Hannah.. her hair, her golden hair.. her twirls shine in the sun, her eyes sparkle with life and joy! Her lips, they taste of cherry and love! In the winter the snow makes her face shine with eternal beauty and summer winds carry her smell all across the lands and fill my nose with joy. Please! Send her my love, send her my best wishes and ask of her to write me, I cannot stand a single moment more without hearing from her. Her memory is what keeps me fighting in this place! This hell! All the good in the world has abandoned me and I am set to my own damned destiny, what have I done to deserve this faith? Why did God take our father away and force me to this? Please send her my love.. I cannot afford to write her.. Which hurts me the most, that I cannot send her my words.. I cannot.. I cannot..

Black, the world is so black here.. Dark figures move at night and one is ever safe, they steal and feed of the innocent! Monsters! Wherever you turn in this city, monsters!

They are finding new corpses every day floating in the canal, some drained from blood and some mutilated. I myself witnessed when the police dragged up a body and it looked horrible! Face twisted in despair and lacked one arm! Who could want an arm?! I fear that I am next, I get a feeling that I am watched but whenever I turn around to see there is no one there.
    The city is not a place for men, it is damnation. What did we ever do to God to deserve this place? What did we do to make him turn his back on us? We have a few hours of every Sunday, I stand before the body of Christ and pray for salvation.. It seems, that he is not listening.

Time to go mother, the factory is calling for more bodies to harvest. Will it be my day to feed the demons?
    I s

25. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Would anyone be interested in a sandbox game taking place in the Forgotten Realms?

It's a DnD setting, but I'd do away with dice-rolling stuff (as it'd get very complex very fast in a large sandbox) and institute some sort of rough homebrew ranking system instead - keep the flavour but do away with the mechanics, basically. Players would be able to play characters from all walks of life (elves, humans, dwarves, wandering martial artists with shady pasts, etc) but would all start on a low-to-mid level of power, to keep things fair, and be able to earn more uberness as time went on.

Behind-the-scenes, I'd set things up so players can play on whatever level they like - if they prefer to be led around by the GM, that can be arranged, and if they'd like to do the leading or forge their own path, that can be arranged too. That sort of sandbox.