main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Internet Connections

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by qc_jedi_xavier, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qc_jedi_xavier

qc_jedi_xavier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    I was just wondering how many of us have cable modems or dial-up? because of our website, we need to know if the size of the files are in issue<--(dial-up users) or not<--(cable users). what i was also thinking is if it is an issue we have "two" sites in one: one site for dial-up and one for cable. both would have the same content, just different file sizes. kind of like if you go to starwars.com and watch the videos, u can choose what size you are watching(eg. small<--dialup, medium<--dsl, large<--cable). just let me know, and if there is any comments on the dual websites. thx

2. QCJediTim

QCJediTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I use a dial-up which sucks because for some reason in the QC AOL does not get a full 56K connection I can only get like 33.6 so dial up for me but I am wanting to get a cable modem

3. zpac4

zpac4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    Made from spare parts, My computer was. I don't think it has enough power to warm a tauntan for a few hours (unless you blow it up, that is). Dial-up for me, please.

4. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Feel your pain, I do, zpac. My computer quacks like a duck and would give Frankenstein a fright.

I think it's not necessarily an issue of just the member's access, but as well for any prospective member. There are also ways to make a page nice and full of eye candy and fun stuff and make it look nice, without draining the bandwith and the download time of the person looking at it.

5. Count_Looku

Count_Looku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    I have reduced file sizes, they will be on the update tomorrow I hope.

6. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Unfortunately I have a dial-up modem also but I'm also trying to get acable modem or faster.

7. qc_jedi_xavier

qc_jedi_xavier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    i think with the work that we have been doing on the site, it should load faster. we are still tweeking it, so let us know of our progress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.