main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Into the Twilight: The Haunted Mansion RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Spiff:

Upon reading the list, I knew exactly what my next step should be. I spoke to those in the shed with me. "Have you guys seen anything that could cut grass around?" As I said this, I searched the shed more thoroughly, and then searched the arean outside the shed for any kind of lawn mower, which would probably not have a motor in it, poor luck for me.

TAG: Ghostly_Host, Integral's group

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: as Scotty
    The shed

Looking over the various tools, Scotty picked up the axe. "Ha. Here we go." Turning back around to see Spiff walk outside, Scotty held the axe with two hands and smiled. "Like I said before: `Here's Johnny`." He stepped up next to Tyler. "Any luck with the toolbox," he asked just as he noticed the contents all over the ground.

TAG: Integral, Spiff...

3. Ghostly_Host

Ghostly_Host Jedi Master star 1

Dec 29, 2005
    Grave 27

Grave 27, the final grave, was not a headstone at all. Rather, it was an unassuming plaque in the ground, almost overgrown with the long grass. On it, the final clue:

Lupin P. Eglebret

We shall never forget you, proud son of England

[u]The Search For a Lawnmower[/u]

A comprehensive search of the shed and its exterior did not yield a lawn-mower. Nor were there any tracks or wheel-marks to be found. [/color]

[b]TAG: All[/b]

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    IC: Tyler

Well, the toolbox was open now, its contents splattered all over the ground. Scotty came out of the shed after Tyler, and had an axe in his hands and an odd smile on his face. This made Tyler unsure of wether to laugh, be scared, or be comforted. He shrugged it off.

"Any luck with the toolbox?" Scotty asked him.

Tyler pointed to the mass laying on the ground and gave an affirmative nod, and a sarcastic response of "I'd say so ... just a little bit though."

Tyler reaches down and grabs the screwdriver, which was long and flathead, and the ring of keys. He turned to Scotty and Spiff.

"These might be of use don't ya think? At some point down the road? Any idea next on where to look for the spade? Maybe ask old mister ghost again?"

Tag: Scotty, Spiff

5. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Outside the shed

"Might as well," Scotty responded. "There's no spade here. I don't know what that ghost is talking about." He paused, realizing he may have looked kind of...frightening, holding the axe like that. He quickly lowered it and pointed the handle downward with the axe blade facing backward, away from Tyler. "Sorry..." He turned to look at Spiff.

TAG: Tyler, Spiff...

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

Ktala waited abit, to hear what was on Grave 27.

Grave 27, the final grave, was not a headstone at all. Rather, it was an unassuming plaque in the ground, almost overgrown with the long grass. On it, the final clue:

[Lupin P. Eglebret
    We shall never forget you, proud son of England ]

G,R,A,P...E. GRAPE?

Ktala looked up, muttering.
    "Grape...grape...GRAPE?!!!"

She looked around, looking for the silly ghost doorman.

"WHERE IS THAT....MAN." she said, as she headed back for the doorway. Wandering around for what felt like hours for a way to get into the mansion.

And the bloody word of the day was GRAPE?! At least she sure hoped it was. She made a beeline straight for the doorway. She wanted out of the spooky ole yard now.

TAG: Ghost Host

7. Ghostly_Host

Dec 29, 2005
    IC: The Ghostly Doorman

The Doorman hear the word shouted from the graveyard...

Yep, it was Grape...

Master Ravenwood loved his favorite fruit... he really did.

The woman came storming up the poarch, triumphant, as she should be about her discovery.

"So ya got da word eh?" the doorman said. "Good for ya. You can go right on in if you wish. Be advised this is a section portal though. Once you open those doors, all the ghosts get mixed up and changed. Other than that, Ravenwood Manor opens its doors ta ya Ma'am."

TAG: ALL

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala
    The Front Door

Ktala hurried over to th]e doorway, hoping that the word was right. She saw the 'ghost' hovering near the door. As she got close, it started to speak.

"So ya got da word eh?" the doorman said. "Good for ya. You can go right on in if you wish. Be advised this is a section portal though. Once you open those doors, all the ghosts get mixed up and changed. Other than that, Ravenwood Manor opens its doors ta ya Ma'am."

That kind of threw Ktala off. A section protal? Wondered what he means by the ghosts get changed. Changed from WHAT? She waved to the others that she had been wandering with outside.

"Come on guys..the DOOR is OPEN!" she called out. She then looked for someone...where was he. Ah. While getting the word to get in the place was one thing...she really didnt want to enter alone. A sectional protal could mean many things. Teleports came to mind. Curse an overactive imagination. She wanted someone she could TOUCH, if something jumped out at them.

She waited for the others to join up once again. Besides, once she left, the sneaky doorman, might lock the doors again. And she doubted half of them heard her shout the password.

She wraped her arms around herself, while she waited.

TAG: ALL

9. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

Not waiting for Spiff and Integral, Scotty walked back down the path to back door of the mansion. Approaching the ghost, Scotty raised the axe in one hand to show the spirit. "There was no spade in the shed. You sure an axe won't do? We could chop down the door."

TAG: Stone, Integral, Spiff...

10. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Spaceman:

I showed those around me the list I had found. "I've played enough old-school adventure games to know that an unfinished list equals tasks to do. This is just like something Guybrush Threepwood might have to do. So come on, you guys, help me find something that could cut the grass." I then heard Ktala yell from the front and responded in kind! "We're not finished yet!" After saying that, I continued searching for anything that might cut the grass, hoping that the others might help.

TAG: Ktala, Integral's group, Ghostly_Host

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala

Ktala was waiting for a reaction. But what she got, rather surpised her. She thought once she announced that she had the password for the door, folks would be HAPPY to leave. What she got back was..

"We're not finished yet!"

Finished?? With what?!? Dejected, Ktala sat down on the steps, at the front door, waiting. She had no idea what they were trying to do, but after all of her walking, she was not going to go find out. She sat down with a snort, muttering softly in klingon.

TAG: SpacemanSpiff, Integral's group, Ghostly_Host

12. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Entrance to the Manor

Seth was tired of this malarchy. Time to get things moving, or he was never going to wake up. Or maybe it didn't matter anyway how long it took, 'cause sometimes he dozed off for ten minutes and had dreams which seemed like they last hours and hours, so even if this one lasted forever, he wouldn't have actually overslept at all and he would wake up on time and he wouldn't be late for school. Maybe. Or maybe not. He was tired, tired, tired!

"I'm tired!" he shouted at no one in particular, to which Ktala appeared to respond 'grape!" which made the situation even more nonsensical. He felt like he was trapped in a Lear poem. He was going to go crazy and start talking about sailing to sea in a sieve and meeting jabberwockies and...

It was at this point he caught up with what was happening, and realised that someone had announced the door was open. He rushed up the steps, past a dejected looking Ktala.

"Are you coming or not?" he asked, and stormed past the doorman, into the Manor.

Tag: Ktala, Ghostly_Host, others

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala - Entrance to the Manor

Suddenly, another person yelled out. "I'm tired!" Ktala grinned. She could understand that feeling well. He then turned, and rushed up the steps, past a dejected looking Ktala.

"Are you coming or not?" he asked, and stormed past the doorman, into the Manor.

Ktala looked at the others. She then stood up. "Hey, wait up!" she yelled, as she took off, after the guy. If she had to enter the place, she wanted to go in with SOMEONE. She quickly ran, to catch up.

Tag: Winged_Jedi, Ghostly_Host, others

14. Ghostly_Host

Dec 29, 2005
    ***BOOM***

GM's OOC: We're now in Section 1 of this game. Section 0 is complete.

Might I also repost the map, as its going to be important now that you're inside. Every corner and item in the map is as it is in this house.

[color=purple][b]IC: Jack Stone[/b]
    [i]Location: The Back Door[/i]

The moment Seth placed his foot past the door, Jack faded out of existance. People at the doorway, were they observant, would see him re-appear in the Graveyard.

[b]TAG: Dubya[/b][/color]

[hr]
    [color=purple][b]The Ghost of An Old Woman[/b]
    [i]Location: The Porch[/i]

An Empty rocking chair suddenly begins rocking on its own, and the ghost of an elderly old woman appears on it. She seems quite busy knitting

[b]TAG: The Perfect Tag for anyone on the Porch[/b][/color]

[hr]
    [color=blue][u]The Shed[/u]

The only thing that seemed able to cut grass was a standard looking hedge-trimmer. A grass cutter didn't seem to be found anywhere.

[b]TAG: Spiff [/b]

[hr]
    [u]The Parlor/Foyer[/u]

The moment Seth and Ktala entered the mansion, a haunting score rang out all throughout the Mansion. An organ tune, a daaaa daaa duuuuuuuuum! .... filled the ears of the two entrants, as well as any nearby the Mansion. The Organ tune continued playing, though the Organ itself was not in the room. The Parlor itself was a dusty room, with wooden floors and dark Victorian Wallpaper. On the walls were electric chandelabras, mysteriously on. The room remained mysteriously shadowy however. It didn't help that the windows were nailed shut, so what little sunlight that was outside barely entered the room. There stood two fireplaces at both corners of the room (dark rectangles on the map), with dust covered mantles and pictures hanging above them (one of an elderly gentleman, and the other of an elderly woman). In front of the left fireplace is an oriental rug, plus a sitting area with dusty couches and a dusty table. In the corner, an elderly looking male ghost. He was dressed in an immaculate suit, clean pressed and put together.

The Ghost walked over to the two, his shined, ghostly shoes not making any sounds as he crossed the floor.

"Ah." he said. "It looks like we have guests. Hello Sir and Madame. My name is Williamson, the butler for this manner. Welcome."

[b]TAG: Ktala and Winged[/b]

[/color]

15. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Was the "BOOM" an actual IC sound? Or just the change of Sections?

Back door

Scotty leaped backward in surprise as the ghost seemed to de-materialize right in front of him. Getting a hold of himself, he watched the door. Nothing happened. He glanced back down the path toward the shed, but didn't see Spiff or Integral anywhere. Scotty swallowed hard. What was happening?

Cautiously, he stepped up to the door, reached for the knob... With the axe in his right hand, ready to chop up zombies, or anything that may jump out at him, he turned the knob and pushed the creaking door open.

TAG: Ghostly_Host...

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala - The Parlor/Foyer

The moment Seth and Ktala entered the mansion, a haunting score rang out all throughout the Mansion. An organ tune, a daaaa daaa duuuuuuuuum! .... filled the ears of the two entrants. The Organ tune continued playing, though the Organ itself was not in the room. Every little thing that Ktala could think about the Haunted Mansion, suddenly began to fill her head, as she came to a sudden stop, and looked around. The Parlor itself was a dusty room, with wooden floors and dark Victorian Wallpaper. On the walls were electric chandelabras, mysteriously on. The room remained mysteriously shadowy however. It didn't help that the windows were nailed shut, so what little sunlight that was outside barely entered the room. Dark. Of course.

There stood two fireplaces at both corners of the room with dust covered mantles and pictures hanging above them (one of an elderly gentleman, and the other of an elderly woman). In front of the left fireplace is an oriental rug, plus a sitting area with dusty couches and a dusty table. In the corner, an elderly looking male ghost. He was dressed in an immaculate suit, clean pressed and put together.

Ktala did a double take. 'Oh boy....thats...Oh crap. This is SO not happening.' Her thought train left the tracks, and she just simply stared, as the Ghost walked over to the two, his shined, ghostly shoes not making any sounds as he crossed the floor.

"Ah." he said. "It looks like we have guests. Hello Sir and Madame. My name is Williamson, the butler for this manner. Welcome."

Ktala gave a short laugh, which she immediately choaked short. She squeeked out a short 'Hello.'...as she looked around. She was fighting the urge to simply grab onto the person she came thru the door with, so she grabbed her arms instead, as she looked at the ghost.

WHERE WAS EVERYONE??

Ktala looked at the ghost. "So..Williamson...who is our host, that brought us here?" She sure hoped her voice sounded more normal than it did in her own ears.

TAG: Ghost Host, Winged_Jedi, Others.

17. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Congratulations to Imperial_Hammer for winning "Best GM" in the RPF Awards. Uh, even if he is being held captive by the Ghost Host. :p

18. Ghostly_Host

Dec 29, 2005
    GM's OOC: The boom was simply for effect mortal.

[color=blue][u]Beyond the Backdoor[/u]

Scotty found the backdoor suprisingly open, albeit extremely creaky. Immediately, the smell of wet cloth and bleach filled Scotty's nostrils, as he found himself standing on a landing. In front of him, a darkened and rather foreboding looking stairwell. To his right however, were a few steps going down into what looked like a laundry room. The ghost of a young woman in a maid's outfit was busy doing something Scotty couldn't see by one of the big hampers of clothes.[/color]

[hr]
    [color=purple][b]IC: Williamson the Butler[/b]
    [i]Location: The Parlor/Foyer[/i]

Williamson smiled oh-so-politely at the... charming..... woman.

She most definitely had not seen a ghost before. Or perhaps she had problems with butlers. He really would not stress himself out trying to understand her peculiar behavior.

In a very high voice, she asked: [i]"So..Williamson...who is our host, that brought us here?"[/i]

The Butler raised his brow.

"Brought you here?" he asked. "I was about to ask you the same question. Your host is Master Argus P. Ravenwood, the owner of this estate. Perhaps you are here for the reception?"

[b]TAG: Ktala and Winged [/b]
    [/color]

19. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: as Scotty (and Tyler...with permission from DarthIntegral)
    The Laundry Room

"Woooo..." Scotty waved his hand in front of his face as the stench of wet cloth and bleach made him cringe. The smell was strong. "Well," Scotty said to himself while looking at the stair ahead of him, "that's a foreboding looking stairwell." He turned to see another ghost with it's back turned. It appeared to be a young woman doing laundry.

Tyler stepped through the door behind Scotty and also had a reaction to the smell. He carried the long, flathead screwdriver and the ring of keys from the toolbox. "Another ghost?" Tyler asked as he closed the door.

"Looks like it." Scotty took a step toward the ghost. "Uh... Pardon me, ma'am..."

TAG: Maid doing laundry, and Spiff (if he comes back to play)...

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala - Location: The Parlor/Foyer

The Ghost smiled at her, ]and Ktala was at first taken aback. This was NOT like her favorite ride. This was very real.

She asked: "So..Williamson...who is our host, that brought us here?"

The Butler raised his brow. [i"Brought you here?"[/i] he asked. "I was about to ask you the same question. Your host is Master Argus P. Ravenwood, the owner of this estate. Perhaps you are here for the reception?"

A reception? Ktala thought about it a moment. "A recpetion? That could be the case." she replied, a bit more clearly now. She then had antoher thought. She wondered if they were following the 'wedding' bit. Hmmm. At least it sounded like it should be an intersting event. She just had to keep telling herself, to calm down, and pay attention. She relaxed a bit then, and laughed softly.

"Alright then. Can you take us to the reception?" she asked. "Perhaps, once that is done, we shall find our way back." She looked over and gave her new 'partner' a shrug.

TAG: Winged Jedi, Ghost Host, anyone else who might be there...

21. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Spaceman:

I picked up the hedge trimmer and looked at it more closely. It most likely was not electrical, but I wanted to test if it worked before I used it to trim the grass. After my job was done, I would have to look for the trash in order to dispose of it. If I got this list completed, I knew that something interesting would happen, if not rewarding.

TAG: Ghostly_Host

22. Ghostly_Host

Dec 29, 2005
    IC: Ghostly Maid

The Ghostly woman was humming a little tune as she was folding some bath towels when suddenly, she heard a man's voice from behind her....

"Uh... Pardon me, ma'am..." it said,

The woman spun around quickly, the voice startling her. Holding the towel to her chest, she exclaimed...

"Oh! I didn't see you. A thousand apologies sir." the woman said with a curtsy, collecting herself. "The guests are at the front of the house. You must be lost."

She examined the two men that stood before her. Not too shabby, but they were far too high class to ever be interested in her. Why they were in her laundry room, she didn't know.

TAG: Dubya and Integral

[b]IC: Williamson the Butler[/b]
    [i]Location: The Parlor/Foyer[/i]

[i]"Alright then. Can you take us to the reception?" she asked. "Perhaps, once that is done, we shall find our way back." She looked over and gave her new 'partner' a shrug. [/i]

Williamson shook his head at the woman's request.

"I'm afraid I can't do that Madame. Unfortunately its located upstairs, and well.....you'll find the main stairwell a bit.... difficult.... to ascend. Master Ravenwood is a big fan of security. He always hated people being where they shouldn't be. But do go ahead and make yourself at home. I'm sure you'll find our Manor most comfortable."

The Butler smiled as best he could.

[b]TAG: Ktala and Winged [/b][/color]

[hr]
    [color=red][u]The Hedgeclipper[/u]

The Hedgeclipper was indeed manual, of a scissor type arrangement. The two blades were well sharpened, and had two leather grips on the handles. It seemed to be in working order.

[b]TAG: Spiff[/b][/color]

23. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: as Scotty (and Tyler)
    The Laundry Room

"Oh! I didn't see you. A thousand apologies sir." the woman said with a curtsy, collecting herself. "The guests are at the front of the house. You must be lost."

Scotty watched the movements of the young female...ghost. Was she flirting with him? Scotty wondered what she looked like when she was alive.

"No need to apologize. What do you mean by `lost`? Are we supposed to be somewhere specific?" Scotty questioned.

Tyler (the Avalanche fan) stepped up from behind Scotty (the Sharks fan). "And what do you mean by `guests`?" Tyler had a feeling these other guests where probably the rest of the JC Forums group that they had been separated from earlier.

TAG: Hot laundry maiden... :p

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala - Location: The Parlor/Foyer

Ktala looked over and gave her new 'partner' a shrug. The butler shook his head at the woman's request. "I'm afraid I can't do that Madame. Unfortunately its located upstairs, and well.....you'll find the main stairwell a bit.... difficult.... to ascend. Master Ravenwood is a big fan of security. He always hated people being where they shouldn't be. But do go ahead and make yourself at home. I'm sure you'll find our Manor most comfortable."

The Butler smiled as best he could.

Now, Ktala frowned. "Then...why invite us..if we cant attend the event?" she asked getting annoyed. "Never mind. I'll find out myself."

Ktala turned, and began to look around the room. "Not MY home.." she muttered to herself, as she walked around. Time to see what secrets this place held.

TAG: Winged_Jedi, Ghost Host

25. Ghostly_Host

Dec 29, 2005
    IC: Laundry Woman Ghost

The demure female ghost looked most attent in answering Scotty and Tyler's questions..

"No need to apologize. What do you mean by `lost`? Are we supposed to be somewhere specific?" the skinny male asked.

"Well sir." the woman said, not meeting his eyes. "No one ever comes back here to the laundry room. Its where all the help is of course. You're probably looking for Master Ravenwood or one of the guests. I merely assumed sir."

How funny it was that these two, dressed rather strangely, didn't know that you don't talk to the help. Perhaps they were eccentrics, friends of the Master.

The other, a stouter, beared one, then spoke...

"And what do you mean by `guests`?"

The woman raised her eyebrow. Were these two trying to rankled her?

"The guests for the reception of course. They're all up on the second floor now. Master Ravenwood's daughter is going to get married."

TAG: Dubya, Integral, Backdoor Group

[color=red][u]The Parlor Part II: The First Fireplace and Area[/u]

On first inspection, the room seemed pretty straightforward as to how it appeared. The old dusty place with chandelabras and such. As she approached the first fireplace, Ktala could read that the portrait of the old man was actually Thadeaus Ravenwood, Loving Patriarch and Father. On the mantle of the fireplace was a model sailboat, on one end, an overgrown fern on the other, and in the middle, a mantleclock, stopped at 10:27. The rug in front of the place was distinctly Ottoman in design, of course, some of the finest rugs were Turkish. And the chairs, made of wood with Edwardian upholstry. On the coffee-table sat three books. In order from bottom to top, they were entitled [i]Orthinologica Geographica[/i], [i]Zulu Africa[/i], and [i]The Communist Manifesto[/i].

[b]TAG: Ktala, Winged, Front Door Group[/b] [/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.