main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Introducing Durge

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  2. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Hmmm, I'm reserving judgement on Durge for now...
    Don't get me wrong, I'm positively gushing about the whole Animated thing, even Asaji Ventress, but I'll wait and see with Durge.
    He looks cool but I don't want just a re-hash of Jango, y'know?

Stil, I have every confidence in the Lucasfilm boys :D

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Darth_Hospodar

Darth_Hospodar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2000
    I'm not happy with him -
    He's got the pseudo-samurai Vader thing going, and he's OBVIOUSLY only there it tie in why Boba Fett has that skull thing on his arm (note the pattern on his chest plates)...my guess is he is offed by Boba, who claims him as him biggest "prize" and therefore takes full ownership of his birthright as Jango's son...

er, or is that CLONEright?

4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I think he looks pretty cool.

Also... the dialogue he's saying in that artwork is pretty disturbing. I like. :)

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    His mini-bio sounds interesting. We'll get a taste of his character in next month's Republic (commic book).

6. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    im also still skeptical of durge i was wondering though if hes the same bounty hunter from the clone wars game tell me what ya know thanks

Forcebewitya!

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Nope, Dooku's first replacement for Jango after Geonosis was Cydon Prax (from the Clone Wars game and Boba Fett: Crossfire).

After Prax dies a couple months after Geonosis, Durge fills in the position.

8. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Haha, Cydon Prax must suck. :p

9. Myaha

Myaha Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Prax was an easy kill, thaz sure!

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Prax wasn't too shabby- he did get to shoot Anakin (though it was only a stun shot) and managed to destroy the fightertank Mace Windu was piloting.

Prax died aboard his own fightertank, though I forget who finished him off (Anakin, Obi or Mace).

11. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    Little Ani killed him...

12. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    So what book is this, exactly, with Cydon?

13. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    Cydon Prax is introduced in Boba Fett: Crossfire (the second Boba Fett Book)...

his death is shown in Clone Wars for GC/PS2/Xbox

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I like the Manadalorian skull. Neat looking, however he seems a bit over-the-top for Star Wars. He fits the comics and cartoon quite well. He's not film material in my opinion.

15. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    don't think he'll play a role in EpIII...

he'll be geeked in the comix :D

16. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Yeah, I'm totally convinced the only new guy in Episode 3 will be Darth Vader.

17. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I am looking forward to this new cartoon series, but the character of Durge is my first introduction that I am thoroughly unimpressed with. For one, I just cannot seem to picture this character in Star Wars. Is he over done to the point of looking like he came from the pages of the worst EU? In a word, YES! His bio is as follows:

Spotlight: Durge
    A long-lived bounty hunter who has replaced Jango Fett as Count Dooku's right-hand man, Durge has long held a grudge against the Mandalorians. Emerging from hibernation after the Battle of Geonosis, the bounty hunter learned that the Mandalorians were all but extinct. Their legacy continued, however, in the form of the Republic's clone troopers, forged from Jango Fett's genetic material. Durge then joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems to enact his revenge upon Jango's clones, and fights alongside Asajj Ventress in the Clone Wars.

Hmmm, a grudge against a Clone Army. Hmmmmmmm. Sounds like a reason to be against the Republic to me! Is it just me, or is that just stupid? Alright, if he HATES Mandalorians sooo bad, why is he running around with their emblem emblazoned all over his armor?? Hopefully, this silly backstory will not actually surface in the cartoon itself and only exist in the pages of the EU!

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The Mandalorian symbol on his chest seems deformed, as if a slant against them.

19. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Seems like one of the villains from the old Marvel comics. I don't think he's got a snowball's chance in Hades of being in the next movie. I'm not down on the Clone Wars, but Durge doesn't interest me at all.

20. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm trying to give the Clone Wars a chance. Look at how successful Pokémon was. Now you have Obikachu and Anikachu. So who knows.

21. Zip_Chickenhead

Zip_Chickenhead Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2003
    I agree for the most part with you guys. I think Asajj Ventress is a very interesting character that can be further developed later and I look forward to that. But Durge I'm not to sure about, he seems like a cross (looks wise) between Vader and Jango/Boba. I always kinda liked that Jango and Boba were supposed to be way above and beyond their closest competitors. But with Durge it makes it look like they were just part of the flavor of the week. Like all these guys are dispensible and easily replaced. The backstory was pretty lame too. If he had a grudge against Jango it's one thing but to hate all the clones because of this is pretty stupid. He's a bounty Hunter/Goon why does he have to have such a personal stake in this besides just being a hired gun? Ahh well I guess I kinda look forward to seeing him but he does seem more like a character from Iron Man than of Star Wars.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    His visual appearance, despite it's samurai-like look, is a little over the top, even for the EU.

23. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    "Prax died aboard his own fightertank, though I forget who finished him off (Anakin, Obi or Mace)."

Prax was killed by Anakin, who was at that time also piloting a fightertank, as well as some other tanks controlled by Clonetroopers and/or other Jedi.

24. Tycho556

Tycho556 Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2002
    Well, he's definetley over the top...He more fits the stereotypical cartoon badguy than other SW villians. I'm afraid this might imply Clone Wars will be more geared towards children and closer too average saturday morning cartoons.

25. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    "He more fits the stereotypical cartoon badguy than other SW villians"

True, true. I can HEAR him now, he will probably talk like Cobra Commander from that horrid 80's GI JOE cartoon series LOL! I am really beginning to fear this cartoon thanks to Durge, though hopefully all this silly backstory won't actually be reflected in the show itself. If it stays in the EU only, I guess I can live with it! Of course, that still doesn't solve the problem concerning his overdone look! Ho-hum! Eh! Ugh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.