main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA Invasion from the East

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ben_ethus, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

The other day I was forwarded an email from a fellow putting together a convention-thingy over in the wilds of Western Virginia. I posted the info over in my forum just now, when it dawned on me...

"Hey... we know folks over in West Virginia! Star Wars fans, to boot! Maybe they would some interest in this..."

Hence, this post...

What follows will be the original text from the email I got:

==========================
    Hi,

I live in West Virginia between Wheeling and Parkersburg and without a true Star Wars fan club for the Mountain State, I thought I might approach you to see if your club would be interested in joining us April 10 for JediCon WV Strikes Back.

We just held out first JediCon last Saturday which we considered a moderate success, and are planning the next one. We would love to have representatives come, set up a dealer table free, and enjoy the day. We keep all events free. The only thing we ask if that vendors donate an item of $5 or more for for the first table and another of equal value for the second and third table for an auction later in the day. All proceeds from the auction will go to the Sistersville Area Jaycees annual project A Child's Christmas. The SAJ are the sponsor the JediCon.

If you like, I can put together a package to send to you with press clippings. We're currently working on our web site now.

Thanks,
    The Dude Who Sent the Email
    ======================================

If any of my fellow Pitts-burgers are interested in attending, and some of you folks are interested in attending, maybe we could hook up and doing something wild and crazy for the shindig.

Also, if someone from here wants to email the dude to get more info, I can hook you up with his email in a PM. I didn't feel quite right about just posting his name/addy in this message. Respection of privacy and all that...

*realizes "respection" isn't a word*

*ignores that fact and barrels forward*

Anyhoo... there we have it. I'll let you know what the scoop is from my end when reactions start pouring in. Assuming they pour in, that is. If they trickle in, it may take longer. If a deluge, then possibly shorter. :D

Likes using clever weather metaphors,
    Yours Truly

2. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    This sounds like something that we should really get involved with :)

3. Master_Wolf

Master_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    Sounds interesting! I can even donate some stuff for auctions from us, as I have a pretty good size collections of packaged star wars stuffs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.