main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

is anyone home?

Discussion in 'Archive: Albany, NY' started by strawbary, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I have noticed there hasnt been any activity in this forum since March.
    If activity does not increase in the next 30 days Im afraid we will have to close the forum :(

If there is anyone who would like to save the forum please post in here or send me a PM :)

Thanks!

2. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Im still here, It would be nice if someone else came by but all good things must come to an end sometimes.

If the Scoundrels should die then no other fanforce should have our name.

Because no matter what, all who joined us as Scoundrels will always remain Scoundrels. In heart and deed Forever!

Born and bred for trouble no matter what!

3. bb1

bb1 Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2006
    There is still a little new blood to be had... Greetings all.

4. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    greetings, its nice to see you here. kingston, Well its not an easy ride but still your here and welcome to the scoundrels.

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Beezel and I talked over PM about maybe getting a group together at X-gates for a movie, either Superman or I suggested PotC 2: Dead Man's Chest. That would probably happen either next weekend or the one after that. I can try PMing people who stopped by in the past few months and see if they'd like to go.

Jae O:)

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    you know u guys are welcome to post in syracuse too if you have something going on. I know our forum is pretty quiet too however the more visitors in there the better. It would also help lure a few in here as well. :)

If you guys do plan an event let me know I can post it on tfn for you. I will be in the albany area in july sometime not sure what date yet....... would love to get together :)

7. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    We've got a new 501st member in Albany...

If you guys are going to organize a get together, let me know - I'll encourage him to show up too ;-)

8. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I seriously think we should pick some time on Saturday the 8th of July to go see Pirates, but if more could make it at a later date, like Strawbary or your friend from the 501st, then maybe we should wait until a good time for everybody. I warn you, though, that I won't be able to wait past opening weekend to see PotC 2. ;) I guess I'll have to see it again!

9. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    saturday works for me.

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    what did u have in mind for saturday? since its a distance it would have to be an early show so I can make the trek back into syracuse before 4 am ;)
    perhaps a lunch get together and a matinee?

11. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    How about sometime around say four oclock or maybe earlier?

Check Fandango for movie times

enter in the zip code 12205. its albanys one.

12. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I would love an early afternoon showing on Saturday plus a lunch. I got a PM back from another member who joined us once for a movie. As it gets closer to the weekend, I think movie times will be clear for this (probably on Thursday they will release them) and then we'll pick an early afternoon show. Sometime between 1 and 3 sounds good to me. Lunch also sounds good. Ruby Tuesday is a favorite place of mine in the mall, but they also have a steakhouse-type place with lots of stuff, Johnny Rockets, and a Friendly's, as I was surprised to learn the last time I was there. I suppose we can pick a time to meet (in front of the movie theaters) for lunch and then pick the movie time when we meet for lunch. Does noon work as a meeting time for everybody?

13. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    how about around three oclock. I have to work early that day and I will be getting out sometime around one maybe a bit later.

14. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    All right, I'll meet you at the movie theaters at 3pm. Hopefully we will have time for lunch beforehand. If not, PM me and let me know.

15. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, yesterday afternoon beezel and I met to go see Pirates 2, and have Johnny Rockets food (mmmm, chili cheese fries). It was a good movie, but a little long, and it didn't answer ANY of the questions it posed during the movie. I think the best review I saw was at www.askaninja.com. Ninjas know best.

Anyway, hopefully next time we can plan a few months in advance and get more people to come. Or maybe go do something with the Syracuse crew. State Fair, anybody?

16. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    State fair sounds cool..

Never been to it.

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Im very sorry I wasnt there to see it with you. we actually had an amusing emergency that popped up that weekend I will have to explain over a beverage or two ;)

state fair sounds great to me. I would hope we wouldnt have to wait that long however,,, what else is going on we can try to get together. I am doing some building this coming weekend so thats out. :(
    Unless you want to come up to help me build a platform for the jacuzzi and then jump in the pool? LOL

18. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Unfortunately, I was going to visit Syracuse anyway in the next week or so, but last weekend my cat got sick and now I have to be home to help give her medicine every day for the next few weeks. :(

It's looking like State Fair time is the next time I will be available, as I am going away in the beginning of August to North Carolina. :D

19. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I hope your kitty gets better soon. Having a sick pet is never fun.

State fair sounds good to me. Tesla is playing there as one of the free concerts.... do u like tesla? :)
    We definitely need to get together soon.

I know my weekends for the next few weeks are booked with home improvements however Im sure we'll work out a date that suits everyone soon :)

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm planning on going to Syracuse the weekend starting September 1st. I think the Fair is still going on that weekend, so I wouldn't mind meeting people there, if anybody was interested in an event.

21. Lady_Jaye

Lady_Jaye Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2006
    Well after going through my PM's from rebelscum, I found one to this site! He goes by superbeeze over there, whom I assume is beezel26 over here!! He invited me, and well I guess I'm here!! So the one and only Lady Jaye has graced the forums here!!

LOL!! I plan to stay in the area one more year at least!! Finally have some money coming in, it's not much, but I can spend something now and not feel too bad about it!!!!

Will be moving like tommorrow and the next couple of days, so my collection is in boxes!! So I haven't bought much lately, even passing over Clone troopers!!

Anyhow I hope this place keeps me posted on the collecting going's on in Albany!! I'll do the same!!

Oh do we have code, so that the possible scalper won't know where to go???

22. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    welcome, to the forum,

Hey at the end of September in niagara/st catherines there is gathering of all fan force clubs for a parade in the Niagara grape and wine fest. Its a lot of fun and I would love to have someone else from Albany there as well.

23. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I am actually going to try to make it that weekend.... weekends are tough for me anymore, too many sporting events going on for us.

If anyone is in the syracuse area post in the syracuse forum or Pm me, we can try to set up a time to hang for at least lunch :)
    LOL

24. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Hmm, it's too bad there don't seem to be many people posting here anymore.

Maybe I'll have to carry out my threat of visiting you guys sometime after all! :p

25. Wolf_Girl

Wolf_Girl Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2006
    that would be awsome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.