main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is it just me...

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Strilo , Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    There was a score in the sixth film? I didn't notice.:p

Seriously, though, the minor-key variation of the opening title in HP4 was the last time I noticed anything interesting in those scores.

2. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Though, that was quite nice!

I remember being SHOCKED in the theater when the title showed, and it didn't play the HP theme. The movie seemed so disconnected from the series at that point. My jaw literally fell open. It almost felt as bad as though when I sat down to watch ROTS for the first time, I saw those famous blue letters fade to black, and then as the giant yellow letters appeared, hearing a heavy metal riff.

And sadly, I wonder if the decision to not play that theme was about $$ (i.e. not wanting to pay JW again for a theme he composed years ago)...

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I think the Academy was way off in awarding Slumdog Millionaire Best Original Score this year. Out of curiousity I looked at the Oscars for Best Original Score in the new millenium and it doesn't seem like a great representation. The only great score I see in the winners and nominees is LOTR.

As for as consistent working composers I think Elfman,Zimmer, and James Newton Howard are the ones who get the most work

4. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    I never gave much of a listen to the other non-LotR Oscar winners, but Finding Neverland is a phenomenal score.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.