main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Lucasfilm just trolling us about Celebration 5?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sithspit87, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithspit87

Sithspit87 Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2005
    I don't know about you but I find it hard to believe that they would officially announce a convention without a location at date. I think that if there really is a con next summer that Lucasfilm knows where it is at and when,but they are waiting to tell us for some odd reason, the question is why? Its either this or there really is no Star Wars convention this comming summer, it was just part of some elaborate ruse to get us all exited about something.(becasue in my own opinion that SDCC panal was super lame. I think that they may not of really of had everything set in stone at SDCC, but when the hasbro diorama contest leaked they figured they might aswell come out and say at SDCC that there was a con just to aknowlege that fact. I watched the panel on G4 and the news about the con was very anti-climactic and Steve Sansweet mentioned it and was done with it in a matter of 10 seconds. I don't know, it just all really feels odd, it just feels like lucasfilm is trolling us. There is a disturbance in the force on this one...I am on to you lucasfilm!

2. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    maybe they there will be one and maybe the place but maybe all the paper's are not signed yet, still deals to work out.

3. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    That is odd. The logistics of a convention on that order of magnitude take a
    solid year (or longer) to organize. The hall, center or pavillion availability,
    the transportation, the staffing, the permits, etc... all of that should be put
    in place and finalized long in advance.

Strange. [face_thinking]

4. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Maybe the place that will hold it has some other type of con comnig this year so, in fear of people jumping ship from a small con to C5, they made a deal with Lucasfilms to not give info on place yet. I have seen that happen with concerts

5. MightyMass

MightyMass Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2009
    They should combine it with Star Wars Weekends at Disney. Kill two birds with one stone and be within 15 minutes driving distance of my house. Heh.

Honestly, I wish they would spill more details than the coast it's going to be on. Nailing down a month at the very least would be great. We fans who don't already have the funds need time to save and put together costumes and go over the pros and cons of staying at the convention center in a pop-up tent.

Definately very exciting. I'm sure I'm not the only one who checks daily to see if an official announcement has been made.

Edit: The convention timing is a good point. Megacon takes place in Orlando once a year [twice this year], but is in March. I can't imagine it having an impact on a convention traditionally held in the summer months.

With love,
    Matt

6. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    In a short answer, yes. [face_frustrated]

With all this time passing without any announcement whatsoever about a definate date OR location, I think it's not going to happen, at least not next summer.

What happened is I think Hasbro screwed up and Lucasfilm just 'announced' it to cover thier butts when nothing definitive was yet in place. I think they're having a heck of a time finding the right place, and enough vendors to show up. If they don't make good sales this Christmas, I'm betting a lot of the toy companies are going to be hurting. The right thing for Lucasfilm to do would have been speak out against Hasbro's statement and just said there wouldn't be a CV in the foreseeable future. Then they could surprise us with a REAL announcement and watch all these people talk excitedly about it instead of gripe and argue where it 'should' be.

Personally I've already given up on it. Too expensive to go without a full-time job.

7. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Last I heard it was maybe at the beginning of May.
    I hope the info is wrong because I definitely couldn't go if it<'s true.

Not to mention it'd be a tad late, IMO to declare now...

8. MightyMass

MightyMass Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2009
    Definately not trolling us.

9. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Celebration V in Orlando, 12. bis 15. August 2010

Right before I have the exams of my trimester.:oops:
    I am not sure this will be any good for me.:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.