main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Is there a "Light Side" of the Force?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by PiettsHat, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I have a similar view. I would compare the Force (and the Dark Side) to Night and Day.
    You can see night as the opposite of day, but ultimately it's just a part of the whole (day).

Admiral_Volshe and eht13 like this.
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is a great viewpoint. I wouldn't alter it because of something in TCW, whether it's Mortis or Nightsister magic. ;)

3. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I thought TCW is considered G Canon? I've been away from SW for a while and unsure what the consensus
    is on such matters but I don't wish to open a can of worms if this is still the polarizing subject it used to be.

Either way I'm open to other interpretations :)

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Without getting too far into it, many argue that TCW is on the same canon level as the movies, while many others argue that it's one level below the movies, on the same level as the movie novelizations and above the other novels and the games, etc. I prefer that second view, but I can't keep all the letter assignations (G, etc.) straight... and even LFL seems to waver about what is what.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They created a new canon level for the show: "T-canon". It seems that it could be below G-canon and above C-canon, but as others have said the situation is less than clear.

6. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Thanks eht and Arawn. It does get confusing how some SW stuff gets swept away with time like the Gendy Tartakovski Clone Wars series.

I like how TCW has made me take another look at the force with the Nightsisters and Mortis episodes.

7. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    There is a lightside of the Force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.