main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming It Printed Money! In 3D! The Nintendo DS/2DS/3DS/N3DS/Mobile Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2004.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Can I add you as a friend on my 3DS?

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Sure, do I need to PM you my friend code or is it different on the 3DS?

3. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Could you PM it to me? It's a 12 digit code you see when you open your friends list and select your own profile.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Finally managed to get the banner up where you can request a download code (I had to use firefox, stupid IE9), I chose Mario World 3D so hopefully I get emailed shortly and can download it.

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It took me about two days, I think, but it's worth the wait! Glad you got it sorted out. :)

6. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    How are you finding the 3DS XL compared to the original? I'm contemplating whether or not to get the XL and have my content transferred to the new system.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Aside from DS games looking a bit pixeled from having to fit on the big screen it's fine. I've not had a 3DS before I got the XL (just had a DSi), but the tracking pad is a useful addition and the 3D is very noticeable on it. I guess big terrain games would benefit from a larger screen for he 3D effect.

I got Mario Land 3D downloaded today :D
    So far very impressive, although I probably need to look up some of the controls since it doesn't have a guide like the boxed game

8. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Hmmm... I'm tempted but I might wait until the CirclePadPro XL becomes more readily available for RE: Revelations and Kingdom Hearts 3D. With the DS games... does make me wish that Platinum Games would do a followup to Infinite Space to take advantage of the new hardware or even for the Wii U.

Regarding the manuals, they are going digital and are packed in the game card nowadays. When the game in question is 'highlighted' in the menu, at the bottom there is the option to view the manual. It works for eShop games and I would have thought that that the downloadable retail titles should have it too.

Mario 3D Land is quite good, you should enjoy it :). I've been meaning to go back and complete the extras for it.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The only problem atm I'm having for the XL is finding a case for it. I notice the DSi XL is slightly wider and so any of the cases for those that have clips won't work so well but the wallet or slip-cases probably are fine.

10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I forget if there was a Pokemon topic, but it is related to the 3DS, but anyway, Pokemon X and Y have just been announced for worldwide release October 2013 on the 3DS, a first for the series! They're really pumping the games out lately, and this is the first 3DS main series game too. So here's to the sixth generation! And probably a huge seller on the 3DS (to no one's surprise). Now to get around to finishing Black 2 (meant to, but been busy recently).

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah, there's a nifty thread here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/pokemon.26295899/

I'm really looking forward to the new games! I loved the 3D visuals in Black/White, so I can't wait to see it in actual 3D this time! I'm not sure about the starting pokemon though, but then I rarely like them all. Fennekin looks pretty awesome, so I'll be starting with that one for sure. It can't come quickly enough.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    More new pokemon? How many will they stop at? I'm all for new games but adding endless new pokemon makes choosing a team very difficult and renders some you've spent ages training obsolete very fast.

That said I have longed for an overhaul to the game for ages. While the visuals don't look all that impressive considering what the 3DS is capable of, the trailer shows what seems to be much better battle layout which will please many.

The two legendaries don't look too bad either.

13. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I really like the 3DS though I don't play in 3D. My friend code is 3695-1308-7938 if anyone wants to add me.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I play in 3D a bit, mainly for cutscenes though.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    After about 3 years I've finally gotten past the one airship level in Henry Hatsworth that I'd been stuck on. Really challenging final brawl before the boss (who is rather easy by comparison) in that world. Lucked out and got my Tea Time mech armor activated during the brawl which helped significantly.

I still absolutely love this game's design and gameplay. Duck Tales meets Yoshi meets Mega Man X.

Love the challenge- though that one level hung me up for far longer than I would have preferred, the difficulty level has been just about perfect overall. Not Battletoads impossible or Ninja Gaiden sadistic but you're going to spend a few lives beating a lot of the boards.

16. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Anyone here got Kid Icarus Uprising and want to play online? Again my friend code is 3695-1308-7938.

17. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'm pretty keen on getting the 3DS XL - worth the price? I'm waiting for the Batman Arkham game this fall, but Fire Emblem looks fantastic as well. Any other recommendations?

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Not sure if it's worth the price, I got it cheap as a trade-in with my DSi and old Layton game. But it is very good, I get weirded-out now if I play a normal 3DS because the screen size difference is really noticeable.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I hope to be able to get a 3DS XL by year's end. Too many good games to catch up on. Though I still have too many unopened DS games on my shelf... sigh...

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Well hey, it's backwards compatible! Unlike every other console! :p

21. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, the 3DS Xl is really nice, the screen is great, well worth the upgrade. And unlike a certain Microsoft representative, I still like playing the occasional DS game, and even the older ones too! Gotta get around to downloading the Mega Man games as well as the Zelda Oracle games (those should be out this week I think).

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    3DS games don't look stretched on it either, I have Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and Professor Layton and they all look great on a larger screen plus the 3D effect is better (not that I use it much).

23. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Kid Icarus Uprising is an amazing game.

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Went for it, grabbed Donkey Kong Country Returns as well!

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I played a bit of DKCR at a GS today- weird seeing levels in 3D I only just played for the first time a couple days ago on Wii but it was a neat visual experience. DKCR's levels have plenty of depth so it is well suited to that.