main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto It was two years ago today....

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by CrazyMike, May 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    aside: My Vulcan wife finds this message too emoutional but she did not participate in the line up. Oh well....

Hello gang,

It is hard to believe that two weeks ago today that we stood for the last time in line to see the 12:00am EP show at the York.
    I fondly remember arriving to the line at 6:15am that morning and by 11pm most of the people that I had met over the previous months. I remember the emoution of the day building from the time that I celebrated my birthday in line to the moment of seeing the curtains roll up as I sat in the theatre with tears running down my face, completely
    consummed with emoution. The many, many, many great friends that I have made, have made both my wife Lynora and I so happy. Seeing EP1 with the group made it my favourite SW movie in alot of ways as In the past years of seeing EP 4,5, and 6 combined were not equal to the EP1 experience. I hope that the next 4 years grant us the same emoution and make us look at each other and realize after any differances of opinions, that we all share the dream.

Sincerely yours,

Mike

2. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    It was two years ago today...

I had seriously pushed my body past factory specifications. Having been up late the night before to tally everyone's hours, I was running on maybe a couple of hours sleep.

Nausea. Dizzyness. An all around feeling that at any point all the limbs would simply seperate from my body leaving me just this lump on the floor.

I made my way back to the line.

Most of everything during the day is but a blur to me. I remember wandering about in a daze, trying to insure that everyone got their tickets. I remember video cameras, and a line that stretched well around the block, and the 'honk if you like star wars' signs. I remember being physically dragged away from the line by Tracy and my friend Greg and being shoved into a car, ordered to sleep. Robin helping out with the order of who stood where in line. Cardboard AT-ATs. Maul with the rainbow umbrella. Debbie and I standing together at the front of the theatre. Screams and hollars and cries of joy. And finally the words, "A long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far, away..."

Mike - you are so right. What was best out of it all were the friendships that were made. There were times during that line that I felt like walking away from the whole kit'n'kaboodle. There were times on that last day that I felt like keeling over and dying. But looking back I wouldn't trade that experience away for anything in the world. I'm glad to have been a part of it - and I hope to be a part in making the next one as memorable for everyone. To the un-emotional ones around us, live long and prosper. For the rest of you who can get all teary over this, (raises his mug of coffee into the air)

Here's to the friends we've made, the friends we will make.
    To us and those like us. Freaks and Geeks and kindred souls all.
    Two years down, another one to go. Love you all. Cheers!

Oh yes - and I do remember cake. Happy birthday Mike. :)

3. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    It was two years ago today...
    After the day of school and the dress rehearsal for our semiannual concert, I remember waiting on my driveway, pacing back and forth, before my friends arrived to pick me up. The level of excitement in the car was so high you could taste it, even though I was the only one there who had put in time in the line. The way they freaked out on the one guy's mother who had volunteered to drive us when she went to Yorkdale instead of the York was also pretty priceless... ;)
    When we actually (finally) did arrive, I spent some time running around the area with Bathory looking for Debbie, who had our tickets...(two freaky-looking girls run into the Bean..."Is Deb here?" Scared-looking employee I went to school with, so he'd know who I meant: "No..." "Okay! Bye!" ZOOM!).
    I remember when we actually got into the theatre, people were bouncing, running around to talk to each other, counting down the seconds with feverish intensity...and then the cheering that started with the first, familiar words...A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

Even though I was absent for the first year after that night, the friends I made in the line are as important and beloved as the blood in my veins. Here's to two years, everyone. Happy Fan Day.

Cris~

4. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I went during the day and not the first opening cause I was to busy with that damn house plans.

And the movie Kicked ass, didnt make new friends though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.