main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's Time For TCW to End.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garrett Atkins, Feb 21, 2013.

?

Should TCW end?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2013.
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. No

65 vote(s)
    78.3%
  3. Never should have been made

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    It doesn't matter. The series doesn't move in real-time and all the arcs cover only a few days at the most. The series can go on until Season 10.

2. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    I sadly have to tell some Clone Wars fans that George Lucas does the show for the $$$$, not the quality. And, IMO, don't call me troll, no one needs to care if I say this, but Dave Filoni is a fanboy like you guys, so his descisions can be crazy sometimes. As for retcons...
    1. Darth Maul couldn't survive that fall in TPM
    2. Eeth Koth and Adi's death are horrible
    3. Ashoka can hold her own against Grievous when Grievous has killed several Jedi Masters
    4. Anakin from ROTS would never be allowed to train Ashoka by the Jedi Order
    5. Grievous is defeated by Gungans
    6. Retconning Asajj Ventress' backround
    7. Obi-Wan can "shape-shift" into Rako Hardeen?
    8. Mortis

Lazy Storm Trooper and Samayel_ like this.
  3. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Eeth hasn't died... yet.

Samayel_ likes this.
  4. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    I meant Piell's.

5. anakin-the-chosen-one

anakin-the-chosen-one Jedi Master

Feb 17, 2013
    In all honesty, I never want it to end, but that's never going to happen. I know that some episodes are absolutely terrible, but when TCW is good, it's amazing. I can feel that it's approaching its end point, and I'll be sad to see it go, but for the moment I think that it's doing fine. :)

6. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    im sure that you haven´t read Obsession, The Siege of Saleucami and The Hidden Enemy. (among many others)

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Disregard.

8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Probably a misquote...

9. Samayel_

Sep 26, 2012
    a show that expand excesively, lose his point.... like i said, that happened to Pokemon,i know that there´s still many fans of Pokemon out there, but the show now is pointless.. on the other side, we have "Avatar: The las airbender" the show lasted 3 seasons, and it wasn´t because it wasn´t succesful, the show lasted what the original story lasted, and it was perfect... streching and forcing too much a show can ruin it.

10. Samayel_

Sep 26, 2012
    it wasn´t for you, it was for CaptainRex115

JackG likes this.
  11. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Use to be a big fan of Pokemon... But back on topic.

12. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Blasphemy! I love TCW, it needs to stick around for awhile longer, then move on past Episode 6, and have it's canon destroying fun there!

13. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    You know, it's hard for me to say for sure what I think about this. On one hand, I think the show is overall fantastic, especially since the arcs began. It does feel like it's nearing its latter days, though, and things are nearing Episode III. My Star Trek fandom background makes me think that seven is usually a good number for television seasons, so I think to me that would be a perfect ending. Maybe with another theatrical release to wrap things up. So, no, I don't think that it should end immediately. But two more seasons isn't all that far into the future.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    This is by biggest gripe with this show - it has too much filler. If you end up at Season 5/6, and you haven't managed to tell your story, you've screwed up somewhere. You've wasted your audience's time with too much padding.

15. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Seems to me an overwhelming majority of people disagree with you on here.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The forum that is dedicated to following TCW votes that it shouldn't end. Didn't see that coming.

17. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    I assume you mean he couldn't because he was bisected, because falls don't seem to be a problem in the EU. Ventress survived two and Palpatine survived one in which his body exploded.

18. MistrX

Jun 20, 2006
    I actually am a little surprised myself. It always seemed to me like the love and hate was fairly evenly divided. Or at least a little closer than 5-1. I'm sure some voted like you did, because they like the chaos and bashing the show and ending meant they can't anymore, but I'm not sure that crowd is all that large.

19. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    We already know George Lucas is running the show for profit, similar to how AMC is running Breaking Bad(best show on television) and The Walking Dead for profit. It happens all the time with other television shows That doesn't matter to us because its great.

1. Not without the dark side of the Force, sure.
    2. Matter of opinion.
    3. No, she can't. In both cases, she's on the defense against that weakling and eventually runs away. Hell, she even has to get rescued by younglings before her second encounter with Grievous.
    4. I don't know what you mean by this, but whatever the Jedi Order's attitude to Anakin in ROTS is, they haven't formed it yet. Speaking of Anakin in the show, he's a great example of why people like this show; it actually makes you believe Obi-Wan in Episode IV when he calls Anakin a "good friend."
    5. I'd be lying if I said that that didn't bother me, but you're ignoring all the things the show has done right.
    6. Technically, not much of Ventress's background has changed.
    7. Not without a devise. If you think its stupid, then that's your opinion. As for everyone else's opinion, only a minority of people I know across the SW fandom, not just this community, found it dumb.
    8. I know a lot of people that got into the series after this arc. But whether you found Mortis good or bad is up to you.

20. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    But that's the thing: if they end it now without at least completing some of the main existing plot-threads going on currently, then that will just anger it's fanbase. You can't just end it now.

QuangoFett likes this.
  21. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Jedi Quotes about Anakin in AOTC and ROTS
    Obi-Wan: "His abilities have made him, well; arrogant."
    Mace: "I don't trust him"
    Yoda: "A prophecy, misread, could have been."
    Yoda: "If look into the Security Holograms, Obi-Wan, only pain; you will find." (Obviously referring to Anakin)
    Yeah, of course they would let him become attached and train a young padawan.:rolleyes:

22. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    This.

And I also liked how they bumped up Anakin's knighting. Story wise it made sense for Anakin to be knighted early into the war instead of so late in the war.

23. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Talk about misleading.

The council members trusted Anakin in AOTC and were confident in his abilities(hell they insist that he protect Padme alone.).

Them giving Anakin an apprentice a few months after AOTC makes sense.

24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Garrett Atkins I was under the impression the Jedi Council gave Anakin a padawan to train him out of that attachment problem? Yoda even lampshades this in TCW movie, "To let go of his pupil, a greater challenge it will be."

The trailer of the arc that came out two weeks ago makes it seem like the Council is discussing Anakin's attachment to Ahsoka again, too. It's not farfetched that he had a padawan in terms of ROTS, he is being considered for the Jedi Council at that point. The only reason it's farfetched is the EU mapped out the entire war without Anakin having a padawan.

KED12345 and InterestingLurker like this.
  25. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    And no mention of her in ROTS, heavily assuming she dies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.