main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ITV1 Showing All Six SW Films Again?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LAJ_FETT , Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    According to the TV guides in today's papers, ITV1 will be showing The Phantom Menace next Saturday from 3:55-6:05 PM. I'm not sure if the other five will follow as the TV Guide on the website didn't go much beyond 9 days ahead. Looks like they will skip the news break in the middle as well since the news follows directly afterward.

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    *yawn*

Again?

Pretty pointless. Watching them on DVD is far better than having to sit through endless breaks right in the middle of the best bits. BBC really should've got the rights to air them.

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Won't be pointless if they are also on ITV HD ;)

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    If you have an HD TV, won't the DVDs show up much the same as on the TV anyway?

5. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    No, the HD versions are infinitely better (I assume they were transferred from the original film/digital film)

Spike TV in the US has aired them several times and I have the HD versions. Excellent stuff!

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The Blu-Ray set is out this year, so once the players are cheaper to buy we will all be able to enjoy the movies in great quality.

7. DarthLoch

DarthLoch Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2011
    Bring on the Blu Ray! Hate when films are on Telly, the breaks are in them. Tho it is a good excuse just to put on the DVD and say it will be over sooner due to the adverts not there.

Then again, who needs an excuse.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Looks like they might be doing all six. AOTC is listed in the 3:30-6PM time slot on Jan 15. And both films are listed on the ITV1 HD channel as well.

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Except if they're on BBC channels, movies are usually fine on there.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that the start time for TPM is 3:35pm according to today's TV listings - not 3:55 as the listings had it last week.

11. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    No idea what they're showing on ITV1 HD, but it sure ain't the HD version :-|

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That sucks. Maybe they'll show HD for AOTC. I don't have HD so it's academic. I was surprised that they let the credits run full screen without yakking over them for the most part.

13. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Maybe because talking over Dual of the Fates is blasphemy and ITV wouldn't dare go there?;) Although I consider it a moot point given that they cut the part of the soundtrack where Anni's theme transforms into the Imperial March and Vader's iconic breathing. I wouldn't mind betting they'll yak all over AotC too.[face_laugh]

Anyone else watching them on ITV just so the viewing figure is high enough to show the love?[face_blush]

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm pretty sure I'll watch all six. And I'm doing a videotape catch-up and one of the things on the current tape was Something Something Dark Side (ESB Family Guy-style). So that's put me in the mood as well. I think I might have to get that DVD next time I'm in town as I enjoyed it.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    ITV website shows RoTS on from 3:30-6:05 pm for next Saturday.

16. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Just flicked over to AOTC and they cut the shot of Padme's back getting scratched in the Arena.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think they trimmed some of the Obi vs Jango fight as well.

Edit - but they left the scene where Jango loses his head in. Maybe it was because of the blood in the Padme scene.

18. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    But they cut to adverts halfway through the pivotal "Boba holding helmet" shot!

The Jango fight was also cut on the UK DVDs. (The headbutt was removed).

Although the BBFC left in the headbutt in Lord of the Rings as that was "fantasy violence"....

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, cutting during the Boba scene was bad.

Edit - and they yakked over the first part of the credits and showed what was coming up in a split screen. Bad marks for that.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    BBFC have been over-sensitive for years. They were very harsh on the certifying of the prequels IMO. The OT has a U rating even though Luke, Vader & the Wampa have body parts chopped off. Anakin loses an arm in AOTC and they cut out a headbutt and suddenly it's a PG?

And Anakin on fire is enough to warrent ROTS being a 12 on DVD?....that is silly.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like the current SW run ends today. Next week's film is Hulk. It starts earlier and there is a live FA Cup match at 4:45 pm after the news so maybe the break is to accommodate that.

22. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Which match?

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    According to the ITV Guide it's Southampton vs Man U from 4:45 pm - 7:20 pm. (So Primeval starts a bit late next Sat.)

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    ITV resumes showing the films next Saturday with ANH from 3:50 - 6:05 PM, according to the online ITV TV Guide. Figures - Six Nations Rugby starts this coming Friday night.

25. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Yep I watch them whenever they are on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.