main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jaina Solo Haters Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by DVader316, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I cared about him, too! I frickin' cried when Daeschara'cor gave him her last words! :_|

He was so...so frickin' awesome! :_|

*clings to Fire and weeps* :_|

2. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Youve been crying on Fire's shoulder alot lately, Val. ;)

Oh, and Jacen is the best Solo kid, although I really liked Anakin too.

3. JediSwordsman

JediSwordsman Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2002
    Please help ATF get to 2000 posts. Hurry before it's too late!

4. Sreya

Sreya Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2000
    Anyone mind if I differentiate between Del Rey and Bantam Jaina?

I cannot believe how she's been ruined in the NJO. I mean, she doesn't act at ALL like she did before, it's as if someone gave her a brain transplant or something! ARGH! Sorry, but Jaina might AT MOST have a grudging respect for Mara, but certainly not worship her the way she does. And she most certainly would NEVER dabble in the Dark Side, she's too practical for that, and already saw it nearly destroy a very close friend.

Bantam Jaina comes out of the shadow and starts beating up Del Rey Jaina. "Take that!"

Sreya

5. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Yea, according to Ylesia she jumped from a Lt. to a Major. Maybe she's spending time with high ranking male officers other than Jag...

LOL [face_laugh]

Jaina has gotten on my nerves lately. She thinks to highly of herself and has no respect for her parents (or her peers) at all. She's a spoiled brat who has to have everything her way ALL THE TIME! :mad:

Really, Jaina needs to grow up!

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I never liked any of the Solo kids. I think they are all little brats. Well...Anakin was okay until they killed him! Now we're stuck with Jacen and Jaina! GRRRR!! :mad:

7. Friend_of_Skylark

Friend_of_Skylark Jedi Knight star 5

May 19, 2002
    Solo kids in order off coolness

Anakin

Jaina: give her a break. She grew up with wealth and privalege. I'll be she gets knocked down big time and brought back cooler than ever.

Jacen: He started out kinda cool, but in SbyS he descended into official loserdom.

8. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Hmmm.

There isn't a "On the Verge Of Hating Jaina Solo" Club so I guess I'm in with this one. :)

SbS was atrocious, DJ was even worse, and now all this, apparently meaningless goddess stuff? UGH! I don't understand it at all!

In her defense though, some of you are claiming that she worships Mara. As far as I know though, she hasn't spoken to Mara since...well....I dunno. Vector Prime? She mentioned Mara was still her Master in Rebel Dream, but that was about it I thought. Besides, she made her long overdue peace with Leia in Rebel Dream.

JMA

9. Friend_of_Skylark

Friend_of_Skylark Jedi Knight star 5

May 19, 2002
    like I said, she just needs to learn to appreciate her situation. All her life she's lived in privalage, and yet in the shadow of her entire family. All of her relatives are heroes of the Rebellion. I think the Solo kids (the remaining two and Anakin when he gets back) need to step up and make names for themselvs.

10. Doo-Kimmie

Doo-Kimmie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Bantam Jaina comes out of the shadow and starts beating up Del Rey Jaina. "Take that!"

I agree with you, Sreya. Something sinister took over when Del Rey got a hold of Jaina. Bantam Jaina was okay, Del Rey Jaina has got to go.

11. Elori

Elori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    from JediMasterAaron:

In her defense though, some of you are claiming that she worships Mara. As far as I know though, she hasn't spoken to Mara since...well....I dunno. Vector Prime? She mentioned Mara was still her Master in Rebel Dream, but that was about it I thought. Besides, she made her long overdue peace with Leia in Rebel Dream.

Yes, thank you, I agree. I haven't heard Mara being mentioned as Jaina's master/mentor in a while. And I thought Jaina made peace with Leia, also. One other thing, I've never seen worship of Mara Jade from Jaina in any of the books. I remember reading that she was a pupil of Mara's in Vector Prime but that was how many books ago? And even then, I didn't see her "worshipping" Mara.

As kids, I didn't like the Solo children. Honestly, I thought they were brats. They used Jedi powers at the age of what, two? Ridiculous! I thought Jacen was a wimp until Traitor (I think that boy's on some path that'll lead him to something other than his Hamlet-type of persona lately). I disliked Jaina more recently because of the arrogance she was portraying and her sudden rise in power in Rogue Squadron. And being described as beautiful and having that characteristic emphasized more often makes no sense. She's Jaina Solo, what happened to the kid who used to get down and dirty with the grease! I don't see Jaina Solo as the type to care for their looks, so why portray her with make-up on the cover of Dark Journey?

12. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey, don't diss Hamlet, cuz the guy was pretty cool. :p ;)

I wasn't going to post in here, because I'm kind of divided with Jaina, but now that I'm 21 years old (finally!) and drunk, I can say that Jaina has been getting on my nerves lately. If I was a regular in the GFFA then I'd jump Kyp's bones before you could say "Goddess". Jaina is properly suited with a guy that is too boring to even be worth it. Long live Jaina/Jag! :p ;)

Jae Angel

13. Nephrite

Nephrite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    DVader316, yeah I know Jaina didn't create a black hole it's just that when I wrote that post I couldn?t remember any other over-blown power Jedi of the New Order have.

¤Nephrite¤

14. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Please move this discussion into the Haters Community MkII thread.

Soon, all Haters clubs will consolidated in that one thread.

Thanks

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.