main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN January Fanforce Meeting 2?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I have thought it over and we should meet again this month just to keep the momentum going. I would like to change the pace and do a weekend thing for once like we talked about. Me and Dave were thinking about China Garden or something like that where we could eat at a chinese buffet, but not be in a big slam like at Mandarin House (though the other one out near Merchant's Drive is possible). Sound cool? If so, let's do it maybe the 4th weekend this month (Either Jan. 24,25,or 26 to be exact). TSWCG meets in Dandridge on the 18th, so this should not interfere.

Let me know and I'll get us set to meet!

2. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Where's this China Garden? I've never been there... however, the East Garden out on Lovell is always good...

If you're gonna try a weekend meeting, I'd prefer a Sunday afternoon/evening... Heather and I try to keep Saturdays to ourselves... :)

Fenn

3. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    East Garden is a bit too far west for my tatse. I agree that they are good, but I'd like to eat somewhere closer in personally. I can't keep track of all the names of the chinese places in town so I may have the name wrong. Any of them will do as long as it isn't super busy and there is a decent buffet.

4. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    I think #1 China Buffet off of papermill is a good compromise. Thats closer to the middle, they have a really big back room we could find a corner to stay in, and have one of the better buffets.

5. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    That would work out pretty good actually, so all that we have left to figure out is what day works. I haven't eaten there in a while, so I'm willing to give them a shot. I have Saturdays off so that's what I am gunning for, but if another day would work out better let me know now.

If there are no objections then I will be setting this up for the Saturday the 25th at 5:00p.m.. Yes I know that the starting time is earlier than the weekday meetings are but that gives us more time to meet. We can do it earlier or later if needed, but like I said, let me know before tommorrow.

Thanks!

6. tennesseejedi

tennesseejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    i have a racketball tournament here in knoxville that i'm playing in on Jan 24, 25 and 26 so if the meeting is that weekend, then i'll not be able to make it. sunday evening is still better for me and i think Fenn said sundays are better for him as well.

--Brett--

7. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    Yeah, especially as I'm helping my parents move to Nashville that weekend, so that Saturday's definitely out for me... that Sunday night would work, tho...

Fenn

8. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I will be working Sunday night, so unless we do this Friday night, Saturday anytime, or Sunday afternoon, I can't make it. I can make arrangements for weeknights, but that's about it so that's what is available for me.

This is exactly the type of situation I was afraid might happen, but we might be able to work around it.

9. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Jar Jar, if you manage to pull this w/e thing off, I'll be there. I'm flexible for anyday. I might even try to entice a fellow fan from Maryville to join us. Good luck. Thanks for trying.

10. tennesseejedi

tennesseejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    hey Jar Jar.....what about next Sunday Jan. 19th sometime? the day after the TSWCG meeting, which being an away meeting will not have that many people going, but is still half way in between the last meeting and the Feb. meeting. would that work better for everyone? it sure would for me and sounds like John too.

--Brett--

11. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    tionne....you in Maryville? or you haev a friend in Maryville? I knew I wasn't the only person in Maryville to collect SW.....but then again, I have been told Maryville is a little town.

12. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    I live in Kodak. But I have a friend in Maryville who is a rabid fan. She collects, I don't really. I just love the genre. And read the books. If this thing happens on a W/E, I'll be there. I'll try and coax my friend out too.

13. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Okay, well, I could do a Sunday meeting around 1:00p.m.. I work Sunday nights so that is what's possible for me. It would be the same way if we did it the next Sunday, so if that works, we could do that either day.

If you'd prefer the 19th, that's fine with me! Does Sunday the 19th at 1p.m. at #1 Chine Buffet work for you guys?

14. TheRealFennShysa

Oct 7, 2000
    If you guys want to do this Sunday afternoon, have fun... I won't be able to make it, as I'm afraid I'll be in the middle of my panel at Chattacon at that time... :) I'll be back later in the evening, tho...

Fenn

15. Lighthammer72

Lighthammer72 Jedi Master

Apr 11, 2002
    Crap in a hat. I won't be able to make either meets this weekend. I have to housesit in McMinnville. It's all good, though. Next month will be here before we know it.

16. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I guess we'll just try for it next month. It's no biggie.

17. Lighthammer72

Lighthammer72 Jedi Master

Apr 11, 2002
    Hey, if two people make it, then I'd be envious of those two. Not every meeting has to have a big turnout, or make a lot of progress project-wise (I'm sure you know this, I just thought I'd try to encourage whoever can make it not to give up).

18. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I don't care if the attendance is high either, but it's also just that there wasn't enough advance word and I don't want folks left out just because they didn't know about the meeting. What I'll do is put up the dates for both of the meetings for next month tommorrow and then just have them and let the dice fall where they will.

I'm not hurt about the situation or anything and I don't want anybody to thinking that I am. Like I said before I expected there to be alot of folks not make it because of the circumstances, but I also want to make sure folks are aware of and/or make plans if they want to come.

I'll put all the info up on our first weekend meeting tommorrow and like it or not, that will be that. ;)

19. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Hmmm, maybe I could actually make it to this one :) Keep us updated.

20. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    I work days on the weekends, so, 1 p.m. is always bad for me. Nights are always good for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.