main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Fan Force Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by snap-hiss, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Nice work Rox. I was thinking about doing that, but just linking to each board took forever. The only problem I see now is a little typo under the Canada Region. Other than that, is this thing ready to be posted?

!snap

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Fixed the Canadian typo, eh?

:D

I nominate MysterySith and/or Hama to do the honors.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Agreed Seb.

4. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Dang, MS just signed off of AIM.

!snap

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    It looks great, guys! :)

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Just adding that FF Sweden is now an official chapter.

7. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    nz south island i think may just be a sub group of the actual fanclub, SWNZ.......not to sure about that, it definately is not a forum in its own right, we just have one nz forum.............but chansplace is the guy to talk to, i think he is our rep

8. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Great job!

9. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Looks good to me. MS, everything look good to you?

10. TurkeyLips

TurkeyLips Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2001
  11. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Go for it!!!!

12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Alan we think that you or Hama should do the honors since you are the big-wigs around these parts.

13. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    So we want this posted in the JCC? I'm still not entirely convinced that it will be well-received there. I'm definitely in favor of posting it in:
    • Informational Threads

• Welcome New Users

• The TFN newsletter

• The AOTC forums (maybe, and only when it gets closer to the release)

I know the JCC is a good way to reach a large audience, but the general atmosphere there isn't really conducive to talking about FanForce. Not that I can't be convinced otherwise, mind you.

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    All those are good places to post it, maybe we could post it in the JCC and then lock it and only have us fan force mods keep bumping it to the top. Or just delete all the negitive posts(which will be alot).

15. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I agree with Hama to a certain extent. I know for a fact that it won't be well received by many, but I also believe it will be received well by many others too. We could just put a "direction" link over to the Fan Force forums and lock the thread. Rox has the idea. The RSAs on up can bump it to the top every now and again. :)

16. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    I see what you guys are saying. Part of me wants to say, just put it up and Mod the heck out of any trolls and flaming that goes on. Of course it's easy for me to say since I won't be the one that has to do it.

!snap

17. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't mind modding the heck out of it, but the more likely case is that it will be swallowed up by everything else and go largely unnoticed, but it's worth a shot in my opinion.

While I'm at it, if and when this gets posted could you guys provide links. Kinda like to gauge the responses in the various forums.

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    If no one has any objections I'd like to post it in the Welcome forum atleast for now. Everything looks done to me and it's just collecting dust here.

19. snap-hiss

Aug 23, 2001
    Sure, go ahead and throw it up there.

!snap

20. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    It's up in the Welcome New Users Forum.

I forgot the link.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=5256330&replies=1

21. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    This is great stuff gang! How has the response been? Do we need to post the CR list along with the rest of the FF staff?
    I just updated the GS and RSA's, so let me know.

Later,

LS

22. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    To be honest LS, I've been keeping tabs on it and there is very little, if any, response. We can keep bumping it to the top over time, if need be.

23. Lightsabre

Nov 12, 1999
    I remember back when we first started Fanforce. We had attempted something similar on many occasions. We rec'd little response as well. However, the dynamic is changing and Fanforce is growing because of it. Even if one person gets involved with their local chapter because of the thread, then something has been accomplished.

Tfn is a great foundation for us and is the most likely arena to promote Fanforce. Spreading the word outside of TFn has deemed successful as well, but there's been little consistency with those efforts. Now is especially crucial because many SW fans are talking about lining up. We want Fanforce to that place to plan it simply because the infrastructure is already in place.

So we must continue to spread the word, even if we only get one more person to join.

Thanks for kick @$$ efforts gang!

24. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    It's possible it may get a little better response with the upcoming release of Episode II and fans wanting to get together in groups to go see it.

25. Lightsabre

Nov 12, 1999
    AOTC will certainly help an increase in fans' desire to get involved and be a part of the magic.

I think a big misconception about Fanforce is that we recruit or advertise to increase membership or we're selling something. It's quite the contrary. We just want to provide a place for fans to meet and share their love for Star Wars. It's that simple. Also, when TFN gets a bad rap for something, it often trickles down to us. That's hard to fight sometimes.

There are a lot of SW sites doing the same things we are and that's great! That's the special thing about our fan community. But when a fan comes our way and chooses Fanforce over some other site, they desrve the best support and leadership we can give them.

When things get too hectic or we need help, we have to rely on each other. This is the main reason why I've become more active. Alan needed a hand and I'm glad to help.

Thanks for all you do gang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.