main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Outcast: General Discussion (was "Jedi Knight 2!!!!!!!!!!!")

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Indy3, May 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    So I just started through the SP game of JO again (in anticipation for JK3 coming out) and I must say that it is just as fun going through it this time as it was the first time. I am really enjoying myself here.

I hope JK3 is even better than this!

The only thing that I wonder is what's the deal with the character's teeth? Freaky looking! And why is the blaster so danged inaccurate. I am on level 3 now and I can't wait until I get my saber. [face_mischief]

Anyway, just thought I would share some thoughts with ya'll. :)

2. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    1. Is there a 'victory' taunt in MP? I've tried binding a key to victory and it sets it to the bind list, but when I use it I get the message unknown cmd victory. So I'm doing something wrong there.
    I don't believe so. I think there is just the taunt command. I'm pretty sure that "victory" is just a SP command.

2. Is there a 'kick' move? Not as in kicking someone from the game, just plain booting them up the backside Or is this only available in mods?
    Sure is. No mods required. When you are next to your opponent, quickly double tap your jump button. This can be done sideways and forwards. Spamming this move is sometimes frowned upon, so try not to overdo it :)

3. Why is nothing showing up in my in-game 'mods' list? I can get pk3 files to work by sticking them in by base folder, no problem; but they're always 'on'. Some instructions for actual 'mods' say to put them in the GameData folder, and them select them from the in-game list. But when I do this, the list stays empty, whass goin on?
    The mod has to be in its own directory in the GameData folder (i.e. GameData/mymod). This should make it show up in the mod menu.

Hope that helps a bit.

3. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Nice one, cheers Geezer!

:D :D :D

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Oh my aren't you a smart one. I on about like Anakin is Human, Binks is Gungan and Secura is Twi'lek. What race is Desann?

Desann is a Kowakian Monkey Lizard. :p

Anyways, i beat this game last week. :D

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Yup. You may remember Desann when he was a baby.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/salaciouscrumb/img/movie_bg.jpg]

6. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    I have a small problem that I hope someone can help me with. A few months ago I downloaded a file that made Desann look like Darth Vader. It was funny at first and all but now that I am going through the SP game again I want to undo that change. So I have removed the file that supposedely caused this (the file is named vader_desann.pk3) but Desann still looks like Vader in both my gameplay and cutscenes.

Does anyone know why he would still look like Vader after I removed that file from my base directory? I want to continue the game with Desann and not vader as my nemesis.

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Can't you just reinstall the game over your old one? Your savegames etc should stay intact.

8. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    I know of at least one SP map that also replaces Desann with Vader (possibly called Mainframe or something??). Something like this could be causing your problem, because removing desann_to_vader will still leave the map. I've had this problem with other models as well.

If this is really the issue, reinstalling won't do anything. You should try removing all the .pk3 files you downloaded from you base directory. You can then start adding them back in. This should help you find the culprit.

Hope that helps :)

9. Vezner

Dec 29, 2001
    I think that you are right about the mainframe level (I vaguely remember having that). However I already reinstalled the game and left out my stash of base files. Since I don't play online too much anymore I probably wont bother puting them back in. Oh well.

Does anyone by chance have a list of all level names so that I can use the devmap command to skip to different places?

JP, I have noticed that whenever I try to reinstall the game and then load my old saved games, my lightsaber always comes out going crooked when I throw it. It looks fine when I am just slashing around but when I throw it the saber looks like it is pointing vertically rather than horizontally. Wierd eh? Anyone else have that problem?

10. OnlyOneKenobi

OnlyOneKenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Does anyone by chance have a list of all level names so that I can use the devmap command to skip to different places?

Just open up the Assets0.pk3 file and look at all the files listed under maps. Those are the map names you want to skip too. They do contain the multiplayer maps too though.

11. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Wow...another abandoned thread...bummer, lol.

At any rate, my return to games was brought on by my finally purchasing an XP, and playing the bloody game, which was stuck on my shelf for a year. My reaction? (late, as usual)

I spent the first part of the game with my mouth hanging open, I was so impressed. Then, when it came time to start battling the Reborn, I finally closed my mouth and started giggling gleefully. The gameplay of this game was unlike anything I'd ever expereinced.

There were a couple problems that kept me from dying of joy. The first was there wasn't nearly enough game. I finished it in a week and a half, without cheat codes. The second was the storyline was a little weak. I mean come ON, how many times can there be a Dark Jedi heading off to the Valley of the Jedi, to gain power to annihilate the galaxy? And how many times can Yavin 4 be attacked? And how many times can the Empire develop a super secret weapon for Kyle to battle?

That being said, it's execution was far more original than it's plotline would indicate, and for that, I admire Lucas. I just pray that JK III is more original, and possible has a more involved and intelligent plotline. I know, I know, i's a game, who cares, but I think it only makes the game that much better if it has a good plotline. :)

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, you'll be wanting to check out the TFn server now, won't you?

And what's that? A custom skin you say?

Why certainly. Find the skin requests thread and we'll take it from there... :D

13. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I've already observed the skins thread, and the server thread (though I don't have the foggiest what a TFN server is, having been out of gaming for way too long). Right now I'm concentrating on getting the MP to work on my comp. Something's gone wrong because it won't even let me select the MP option from the startup screen.

14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    There should be an "MP option" direct from the start menu. Maybe it's Safe Mode only, but it's a start.

15. DARTH-PLONKER

DARTH-PLONKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    Woohoo, I just beat the game again. Feel very proud of myself. I beat it a while back but I used a walkthrough and invincibility all the time. My memory card 9I have the GC version) failed so I had to start again. Used no cheats and only walkthrough for NS Streets. Thrashed Desann in the last level.

I wish I had the PC version though. On GC the only mp is 2p and the frame rate is terrible. Also the cut scenes look terrible. On the other hand, the FMV sequences featuring ships are absolutely amazing. I love the Doomgiver emerging from asteroids and the Yavin IV ones. They almost make up for the cut scenes.

16. Admiral_Palpetine

Admiral_Palpetine Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2003
    Hey ppl!

I have a question
    I have been trying to download skins and levels and mods, but i dont know where to put them. Could someone help me out? Thanks!

AP

17. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Skins and levels you'll want to put in your \Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\base directory. Most mods go in a new folder with the name of the mod in the \GameData directory. The mods' readme files should explain what to do.

18. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Dusted off Jedi Outcast the other day (since I'm likely going to wait on the XBox version of Academy, due to system and financial reasons) and noticed a couple of things that I figured I'd pass on.

On the "Doom Detention" level, there is a point where you can access a console and take control of one of the ship's turbo-lasers and zap a few TIE fighters. What I noticed was this... there are 5 or 6 TIEs here, and they follow set paths across the screen. If you leave the 3rd from the bottom (the first one up from the bottom that flies right to left) until last, you'll find that you don't even have to shoot it. When you take out the next to last one, the remaining fighter will come up into the bay spinning out of control, ROTJ-flaming-TIE style, and slam into the wall. I tried this a couple of times and it doesn't seem to be random.

Secondly, if you want to settle in for a nice long stretch of saber fighting, use the "BUBBLE" and "FUDGE" cheats ("God Mode" and "Start Game W/ Saber"... not sure what the corresponding PC cheats are) and choose "Artus Topside" from the Level Select list. You'll face Desann at the end of the level, as usual, but now you'll have a saber to come back at him with, as well as an infinite amount of health. The thing is, for the sake of game continuity, Desann has an infinite amount of health as well, so the two of you can just duel for as long as you like. Great stress reliever, I've found. ;^)

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Unlock 'n bump by request.

20. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Does anyone play this game? I put it in my drive a year ago and I've been playing ever since. Never tried JA but I hear its alright.

Who still plays this? Anyone? The forum over at lucasforums.com is as close to dead as they come.

So tell me, is this still one of your favs?

p.s. Kinda sad that the last post in this thread was over two years ago :(

21. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    will there even be a JK3? are there any rumors or whatnot? I have heard absolutely nothing about it.

22. lorn_zahl

Oct 19, 2002

When I said JK3, I really mean Jedi Academy.

It's synonymos, are you still playing JO?

23. Thamelion

Thamelion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2005
    Sometimes.

24. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    ohh okay I see. I play all three of them from time to time.
    I havent played academy in a while though.

25. lorn_zahl

Oct 19, 2002
    Which one do you prefer? Do you think the community is pretty dead? I got into this game long after it's hay-day, how big is the community for JA?

I just can't get over how fun this game is, 1 year of playing and still very addicted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.