main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Jedi Ranger's gear.....(Nov.08 - LED #7 now posted!)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Ranger_007, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm not sure how many have ever visited my website, but I just thought I make a post letting people know that I have made a significant update.

Well, I finally took some more pics of my lightsaber collection, and have now updated and reorganized my website. It is also split up to make it easier for me to manage. I now have a dedicated site for all things relating to, well, costums and lightsabers.......anything for my character, Jedi Ranger. ;-)

And hey! I'd love to get some pics from the Ep.3 DVD release (so I can put them on my page - since it looks like our 'Tosche Station' has stalled with it's own gallery).

I know I wasn't the only one with a camera.

Ryan - are there any requirments to get my website listed on the member's sites section at Tosche Station?

2. Cobers

Cobers Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    Wow. I think you'll have to be our official prop constructer now. No.... /jedimindtrick You will be our official prop constructer now.

3. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I have added a link to your website. Lookin' good.

4. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Cool!

Thanks.........x2!

5. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I created a new EL hilt (start to finish in just 2 days) and uploaded pics to my website. I posted it in the "Your Lightsaber" section in the Costumes and Props, but just in case people around here aren't familiar with it, I'm also posting here.

Here is one pic. More are on my website.
    [image=http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/SW_Gear/IMG_0439cropped_small.jpg]

6. RogueNine-

RogueNine- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    Thats flippin nice man

7. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Why, thank you! :)

8. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Kris, that is so - WOW - man. I'm absolutely GREEN with envy! =P~ Amazing work!!

9. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Thank you!

Whenever I finally make it to a FF meeting, I'll be sure to bring.

I'm really hoping on making it for March's meeting.

10. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, instead of creating a new topic every time I make something new, I'll keep it all here.

I now announce and unveil my latest LED lightsaber.

[image=http://members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/SW_Gear/IMG_0535_small_cropped.jpg]
    [image=http://members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/SW_Gear/IMG_0543_small_cropped.jpg]
    [image=http://members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/SW_Gear/IMG_0542_small_cropped.jpg]

11. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    Exquisite. Can I be your Padawan?

12. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Thanks!

Hmmm.......a Sith wanting to apprentice under a Jedi?!

13. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Looking good bro

14. Darth_Corro

May 13, 2006
    Have you ever considered logging your work process on a project? It would be cool to see how you put together one of these beauties.

15. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    I have taken progress pics on one hilt. It was one of the early commissioned ones. I had to take them down to save space, though.

My last couple, I forgot to take progress pics. With this new hilt design, I COULD take pics, but I don't want to give away the design until I'm finished. Know what I mean?

16. Cobers

Cobers Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    hey i see that u make custom sabers i just have a couple questions about them are the ok to duel withor are they flimsy like the fx ones and if i gave u a basic idea of what i was looking for could u build it??? thanx
    Cobers and Kasious calgary fanforce

17. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Cobers - PM sent

18. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I laboured all freaking afteroon and night.....it is now 0535hrs, and I have taken pics and uploaded them to my site. I am releasing pics here FIRST, for a few days, before I show it elsewhere.

This latest design of mine incorporates several features that I have wanted to do/try, either seperately or combined. Due to cost and parts (on hand), I decided to combine them all into one hilt. I have some minor work to do, such as complete dismantlement for proper cleaning and polishing. I also need to decide where to mount my secondary switch; for now, I have to unscrew the pommel to access it. I used a green 3w LED.

I will bring this one and my previous hilt to the Calgary today (Thursday 06th) so anyone at the midnight movie can have a look, if they are interested.

[image=http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/SW_Gear/IMG_0584_cropped_small.jpg]
    [image=http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/SW_Gear/IMG_0577_cropped_800b.jpg]
    [image=http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/SW_Gear/IMG_0580_cropped_800b.jpg]

19. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Holy frak Kris, that's crazy. Love the illuminated hilt.

20. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    It's a real beauty, Kris! Can't wait to see it tonight.

21. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Slick.

That is some really nice work, thanks for sharing!

22. Darth_Corro

May 13, 2006
    I was gonna ask you if you have any definitive how-to links for building EL sabers.

23. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Not really. Just a collection of links, for various bits of information.

For basic hilt construction, almost everyone starts out browsing the famoous Big Yellow Box site. Even though the creator is MIA, the site is still up.

For EL construction tips and help, check out "Loreen's EL blade tutorial" topic, here on the JCF, under the Props section.

For LED construction tips and help, check out the "LED blade Q&A" topic, here on the JCF, under the Props section.

Those links aside, there are tons of other samll personal sites out there, mostly dealing with one small aspect or another. Usually how to build a replica Obi-Wan or Vader. I have bookmarked about 30-40 sites. Some site are just for reference to a certain part.

Oh yeah, I have been VERY slowly working on a PDF document for containing various tips and "secrets" for basic "hardware" hilts, EL blades, and LED blades, and links to some great sites. No idea on an ETA, as I usually prefer to build, than hand-feed all the info I've spent hundreds of hours researching and testing.

24. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    On Saturday night, I spent 2 hours designing the emitter shroud my newest hilt. And last night I spent another 2 hours actually fabricating it. I got it marked and dremelled and sanded and polished! I need to drill and tap some holes, paint the second part, and then move on to the main grip section.

Also, I'm almost finished painting the pommel. Another coat should do it.

No pics yet, as I don't want to "spoil the surprise", or "give anything away". ;-)

I just hope the rest of the electronic internals get here before Friday, so I can get this thing built according to my original design, in time for Con. Otherwise, it'll just be another hilt with an LED blade. *hint hint, wink wink*

25. Darth_Corro

May 13, 2006
    Jedi Ranger, that hilt was beautiful. I also liked that it was slightly longer in design. You did good. It was also the first time I got to meet you, so it was a pleasure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.