main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jello, Typo and I are seeing TPM 3D right now

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by TahiriVeilaSolo69, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    WTF!

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I may change my mind in three years (probably not), but I wouldn't even see the OT in post-production 3D. Blech.

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Close one eye.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The 3D itself was fairly inoffensive. It was a lot more annoying in the 3D trailers than it was in the movie, because it was only modestly used to provide a little bit of depth. It wasn't distracting.

The problem, alas, is that it was TPM.

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, talk about how great Canada is now. Just try.

6. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    Seeing the Pod Race alone in 3-D makes me want to check it out. It may be the weakest of the films but still, A Pod Race. In 3-D. On a Big Screen. :)

If not for that why bother? Just wait a couple of weekends and Spike or SyFy will run a marathon and you can see it again.

7. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I honestly don't care about the 3D, but I am stoked about seeing any and all SW films on the big screen again. Going on Valentine's Day :D

8. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    Normally I would agree, 3-D has been WAY overdone... (Thanks AVATAR)

But the Pod Race....... It was one of the saving graces of TPM. IN 3-D?!?! :eek: I might actually pass out seeing that!

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Congrats, Femi.

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    When the 3D releases of the OT come out, I will be too giddy & happy, as it will be my first ever in seeing those films on the big screen. As for TPM/the PT, it's an excuse to see Star Wars again on the big screen, despite the faults presented in each film. Plan on seeing TPM sometime next weekend, and I'm sure I can persuade someone I know to see it with me.

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    It's one of the poorer parts of the 3D conversion unfortunately. The pods are 3D, but the terrain and the sense of speed is totally flat. Very disappointing

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Whats The Phantom Menace?[face_thinking]

13. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    the mere fact that you call it In-N-Out tells me you're not ready

14. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    you are a goddess =D=

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I must say, for a movie that was converted into the 3D format it doesn't appear to suffer from the problems many converted movies have (such as the picture being very dark). It really does look as though it was originally filmed in that format, which is testament to the effort that was put in to make it good.

A shame it couldn't be put into IMAX 3D format, then it really would be something.

The parts in space have great depth, which really adds to the realism. Alas the movie is the worst of the series to try and showcase 3D on given that it has hardly any sequences that really benefit from it. I'm far more interested in seeing the remaining movies in this 3D format as they have more scenes that would utilise it better.
    Lucas will also look at this and see what could be done better next time, I just hope he won't edit the actual movies any further.

16. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I've always had affection for TPM for some reason. It might be the best of the prequels???

17. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I'm going to go see it in an hour. I don't have high expectations, so chances are I won't be disappointed :D

18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    No. No it isn't. I feel ashamed to know you right now.

[face_plain]

19. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I liked TPM until I reached a critical mass of exposure to internet people telling me to dislike it.

20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I liked TPM, heard a lot of people complain about it and didn't like it so much, then realized I didn't give a **** what other people thought and liked it again.

Thanks Dani, I was waiting for that. Can't believe it took someone that long.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    don't we have like at least another year?

edit: sj edited and now my comment makes no sense! argh!

22. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    i would go see it if they removed the jar jar parts. i think i would have a heart attack if i saw jar jar screaming in my face... and I'm only 20...

23. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    The 3D was absolute gash as 3D always is, I was pleased to see it on the big screen once again. It's the second best prequel.

I would've much preferred a proper digital 2D release.

24. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    You know my motto. Wherever an Arrested Development reference needs to be made and Even hasn't made it yet for some reason... I'll be there.

25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The fact that you call it In-N-Out tells me you're not ready.

Wait, what?