main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA July Meeting - 7/23/05 - Letterman Digital Arts Center

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Today, Dale and I visited the new home of ILM/LucasArts in the Presidio in SF. I think this month we could change the venue for our monthly meeting for once. It's really beautiful there, and the views are spectacular. We even got to see the Yoda statue "guarding" one of the buildings. The only thing open to the public right now is the cafe, where we bought a "Dagoba" brand chocolate bar (no kidding). They also serve coffee, pastries, drinks, gelato, and smoothies. Now we can have bragging rights to having the coolest meetings! :D I'd like as many SFFF members as possible there to take a big group photo there by the Yoda statue. We'll be the envy of all Fan Force groups.

I know it's now accessible by BART for you East bay-ers, so I think we should meet at Metreon and leave no later than 10:30 am to find ample street parking and to walk around, have the actual meeting, and other things. ;)

Wear your best SW gear! More details after Comic-Con.

2. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    We are just too cool.

Best locations, best hook ups, and best members.

3. Adyn

Adyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    Sweeeet!!! Well, now that I am feeling like a human again (w/o a perpetual case of the stomach flu hahaha) I'd love to make it up there.

Anyone from San Jose, Santa Cruz, Los Gatos or down south that's interested in carpooling?

4. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    Ok, now all we need to find out is how to "liberate" the Yoda statue! He needs a home with SW fans who love him and don't leave him out in the cold SF weather where seagulls can poop on him...j/k :p

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah, with a lot of help, we can switch him with my Yoda statue. Maybe they won't notice. ;)

6. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Now I have this image from the opening of Raiders of the Lost Ark where you are gonna try to switch one Yoda with another andall of a sudden the whole Presidio collapses around you.

7. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I am totally down to go. Who knows we may run into Uncle George!

8. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I dunno... You'll need a awful big bag of sand...

9. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Sounds like a good plan. My sister got to go to the opening party and got a tour of the office buildings. She said aside from some props, the inside pretty much looks like any other office building. She is giving me her souvenir lunch box that she recieved. It would be nice to have a group shot as well.

10. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    meeting at ILM? how cool is the SFFF? u guys are the bomb! (is that still cool to say? i dunno, i'm getting old.)

tatooine padme - thats great you got a tour there! however, it isn't a regular office bldg - the force surrounds it, binds it together. :p somebody asked me what the force was the other day and i couldn't breathe... how could they not know? total blasphemy...

anyway my sis ms_skywalker and i are there. we are totally excited about it.

i will bring my camera to take pics (my new hobby). i could be the unofficial photographer of the SFFF[face_dancing] ! nah, i'm not that good.

11. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Man!!! It's great, they hve the cafe open to the public. So tomorrow we meet at metreon. I will be there around 10:00 a.m. Also,are we meeting in the food court or on the second floor?
    See ya tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    No, Mirtha. The meeting is on the 23rd.

13. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Thanks Matt. Yes I realize that today. I was kinda sleepy when I checked the board last night (after a very buys & stressful day [face_tired] so my brain was very tired :p
    So I will see you guys on the 23rd. Have fun in Comic Con. I wish I could go :(

14. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I finally opened the lunchbox my sister gave me from the opening and found out that there is a souviner book as well. I will bring it to the meeting. Have fun in San Diego.

15. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    So, we are first meeting at Meteron or direct at the Presido location?

I am a little confused. Always the future in motion.

Thank you.

16. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I'd prefer to just meet you all at the Presidio as it is easier for me coming from Novato. When you all get back, can someone post the details and maybe how to get exactly where we are meeting?

Thanks!

17. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Does anyone want to catch The Island after the meeting?

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    For those coming from the East Bay and would like a ride, I can take 2-3 people. Meet me at the corner of 4th and Howard Sts. (across the carousel and next to Jillian's) no later than 10:00 am. Post here. By the way, I have to work at 2 pm as well. For directions, the entrance is at the corner of Lombard and Lyon Sts. Parking is street parking only for 2-3 hours depending on where you park. I'd like to start the meeting around 11:30 am.

19. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Matt, let me know if you need help providing transport for people from the Metreon. Otherwise I will probably just meet you at the Presidio.

20. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    Can I ride with one of you guys?

21. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    yeah, don't worry, we will make sure that everyone who needs a ride from the metreon gets one

22. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    What's the parking situation like there?

23. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Here are some links about the Presidio:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/07/03/REG3IDHC7K1.DTL&hw=lucas+presidio&sn=006&sc=296

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/07/05/BAG0PDJ15R1.DTL&hw=lucas+presidio&sn=005&sc=375

http://www.floatingmonkeys.com/gallery/lucasfilm/aaa

http://www.presidio.gov/About/Directory/TenantInformation.htm

24. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I will need a ride please!

25. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I will be driving. So I guess we meet at Metreon and carpool out on or quest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.