main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

July meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Boba_Fett_of_Nine, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    Since we weren't able to have a June meeting, we need to catch up. Any suggestions on what to do? July 31st is good for me because I believe the owners of the resteraunt where I work are closing down for a few days for vacation. In the case that they don't, I can hang out until I gotta go to work at 3. Gotta tell you guys about the bbq/symphany day too.

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    As of now, I don't think I have anything else planned for then. If we can get any kind of concensus on this being good for most of us, I'll go ahead and reserve it before my secretary (aka my wife) plans anything for me.

3. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Yes, let's plan for the 31st. My last day of class is the 30th (final test and project due). This would be perfect. A nice chance to wind down with my buds.

What time would ya'll like to meet and what would ya'll like to do. How about the G'ville fun park? Or does anyone live in a neighborhood that has a pool?

We can bring things for sandwiches, sodas, etc... and do like a picnic thing. Friends of ours have a townhouse that has a community pool, we may be able to use theirs. Let me know.

JMK

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Is the G'ville Fun Park the one on the bypass with putt-putt and go-carts? It's been forever since I've been on that side of town. If that's what you're talking about, it sounds like fun.

5. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Yup, that's the one.

6. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Well, I won't be able to ride the go-carts but yeah that sounds cool.

7. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Q - how's putt-putt work for ya and some video games?

JMK

8. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    This sucks, but I probabaly can't make it. I have checked and its the only weekend I can go to get my armor in Raleigh. I already have off because the resteraunt is closing for vacation. When I suggested the date I didn't know at that time that I would have the money for the armor. Sorry guys but when we have Aug meeting, I can show u my armor. Maybe we can have it at my house.

9. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    looks like its back on. I'm getting my armor on this Saturday so I'm back on for Saturday the 31st.

10. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    *hums the Imperial March*

Congrats Robbie! :)

11. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    So is this a go? Seems like we can all do this. What time do we want to shoot for? I know BFo9 said he had to be to work by 3pm, so a couple of hours before that so we can get in a round or two of golf and other stuff? What's good for you guys?

12. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    I dont have to work on the 31st. The resteraunt is on vacation so I am free for a week. If someone can be so kind, April and I need a ride. Thanks much. Since it is a pay per ride deal do you guys wanna spend a couple of hours there and then go somehwere else?

13. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Sounds fine by me. I'll pick you and April up. How does 1pm sound to everyone. Maybe do a couple of rounds of golf and then maybe head out to a 4pm movie or food or something. We can discuss this when we are at the Fun Park.

Robbie, give me a call at work during the day(847-4719) or at home in the evenings at (329-0574).

Time to have some fun.

Robbie, have you checked your PM's lately?

JMK

14. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Just out of curiosity, and so I can sort of plan for it, does anyone know the costs for golf and go-carts these days?

15. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I'll call tomorrow.

JMK

16. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    $4.00 for each attraction.

excluding food/video games

17. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    Yeah, that sounds good to me.

18. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Looks like this is a go.

When: July 31st @ 1pm
    Where: Greenville Fun Park

I'll get this posted as an official meeting.

JMK

19. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    So how did the meeting go? Did the weather cooperate?

20. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Aug 3, 2003
    we went and hung out at GFP. I rode go carts and then hung out with Kevin, Kevin, and April who were playing putt putt golf. It rained for a few minutes but they got done before it got bad. We went and saw Anchorman afterwards and it was hilarious. After that we parted ways and went home. Great time. On a personal side not, I met Russ of the 501st and he was able to get my application for the 501st approved quicker as he had a meeting with the membership team. He also helped hook me up with a guy who will sell me my helmet for a GREAT price. Hope we can all get together for AUG meeting.

TK-4798

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.