main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI June Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ROGUE_NINER, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Ok since May was kind of a bust as far as getting together I figured we could try again for June.
    The first question to ask is when is everyone free?

2. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    All of my weekends are booked for June.

Of course we could meet some weeknight. I'll leave that up to everyone else, as to which days.
    Since all of the TV series have had their season finales, there won't be anything that I'd have to rush home to see.

Wednesdays are always good for me... and if we make the meeting for around 6pm, we could make it a dinner type meeting... or post-dinner meeting. Whatever works for everyone.

3. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    What Rick said is good for me. On a week night, maybe dinner. Whenever anybody says.

4. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    That would work for me as well
    so thats three votes for a week night

5. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    week nights are good for me too. Just not tuesdays or Thursdays.

Forcebewitya.

6. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, Tuesdays suck for me. Not on a Tuesday. And Mondays stink too. Just because they're Monday. And the first person that says I've got a case of the Mondays is getting a red Swingline stapler in the eye!

So yeah, Tuesdays aren't good for me. Nor are Mondays. Should we aim for... A Wednesday?

7. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Wednesday works for me, the only day that may be an issue is the 28th, they moved Superman 2 days earlier.
    So we have the 7th, 14th or the 21st

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    wednesdays work great, you guys just pick a day.

Forcebewitya.

9. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I'm thinking the 14th the 7th is a bit close. The 14th just sounds better to me

10. resnictem

Jan 3, 1999
    Flag Day, or the 14th works for me as well.

11. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Sure that works for me too what time do we all want to get there and should we try for something different?

Forcebewitya.

12. resnictem

Jan 3, 1999
    Okay, where first? Are we going to meet at Borders East and then go to dinner, say at the Italian place I cannot remember the name of across the parking lot, or some other plan, and time, right after work?

13. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    As for time, I would say 5:30 or 6:00, Fazoli's is a good choice but there are several other choices to pick from so since we have a day and a time pretty much set the next question is what would people feel like eating?

14. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I'd say 6pm on the 14th is fine for me. Any earlier in the evening and some of us may have trouble getting there... maybe.

As for a place, as long as it's not Applebees, I'm cool with it. Fazoli's is alright, but we've met there before several times. I'd hope for something new. Just to make it refreshing somehow.

Just NOT Applebees.

Thats my input.

15. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    lol I'll have to cross that off the list then.

To pick a place we should figure what everyone would eat, we have several styles of places to go to

16. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Everyone better pick soon, or we won't be meeting anywhere... right?

I'm not picky, except for the one place I mentioned. So, I'm leaving it up to you guys.

Another place that we could go to is Pedros, if you like Mexican food.

But, if it were me, I'd pick something like Ponderossa, just because they have a variety of foods to choose from, since it is a buffet place.

17. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Thats a good place, Old Country Buffet has a wide selection, but they can be busy.
    There is also Country Kitchen which as good food and is normaly slow during Dinner

18. resnictem

Jan 3, 1999
    Just a friendly reminder. Some of us are traveling by the blue and cream limosine a.k.a the bus, so wherever it is, it would be nice if it were close to a bus route. Thank you.

19. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    All the places so far are either right on the bus route or near it.
    Padros you can't miss
    Pondrosa is on the other side of the street when going outbound on the Bus
    Old Contry Buffet is in the same area as Pondrosa

My personal pick would be Padros or Pondrosa

20. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    For me just keep in mind that I dont want to go any resturante thats kinda pricey. Other than that any place is fine my input is just not olive garden I dont know whats so great about it? Anyway why not AppleBees Rick? just curious.

Forcebewitya.

21. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, I have NEVER had good service at Applebees. Just alright service, maybe, but not usually.

As for prices, I think Ponderosa is around $7 to $8 for the dinner buffet with drink... maybe?
    Pedros can be more depending on what you get.

Of course there's Chili's and TGI Fridays if you want something like Applebee's but better service. Prices are about the same as Applebee's too.

I like Olive Garden, Brent. You get all the salad and bread sticks you can eat... and the food isn't too bad either. We can skip that place though.

Of course, I know other places, but transportation is an issue for some of us.

If we REALLY want to go the fast food route, there's places on East Wash. between Milwaukee St. and Hwy 30(BK, Taco Bell, KFC), and then closer to the mall (Wendy's, Arby's, McD's, and Hardees).
    Out of all of those, I think I'd pick BK, Taco Bell or Arby's, but not too excited about fast food. It is cheaper though.

But, we need to pick something. I don't care so much about where, except for the few places that were mentioned as undesirable. I don't care who decides, just decide.

We have picked Wed. the 14th, so I think the location is all we have left to pick, right?

22. resnictem

Jan 3, 1999
    I log my vote for either Pondy or OCB. Then we have a variety to choose from.

23. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Either of those places work for me, OCB could be tricky but we are going for the middle of the week so it may not be to busy when we get there between 5:30 and 6:00 it would be good for some one to get there a little early just in case

24. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    my vote is cast for Ponderosa. I can do 7 or 8 bucks for a great meal. Where is that again I havent been there forever. As for Olive Garden I dont know I mean its just I think its overrated. I've gone their with Michelle on nice dates before but I've never been impressed. So yeah see you on the 14th

Forcebewitya.

25. resnictem

Jan 3, 1999
    Okay, I know Pondy on the East side is on E. Wash, but where on East Wash? Landmarks would be helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.