main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Just started playing

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by laserbrain, Nov 11, 2013.

1. laserbrain

laserbrain Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2013
    I'm liking it so far. I played SWG when it was going and I have great hopes for TOR. Only problem I'm having right now is what to play as......

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    It's a tough choice isn't it. ;) I have a character for every class, just try each of them and see what you like :)

3. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    I liked all the classes honestly but my main was a jedi knight, nothing better then two lightsabers. I love that game.

4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Hey Laserbrain,

Like Darkslayer said, try a bit of everything!

To a degree, it depends on what you want from the game. I don't know your experience with MMO's so I apologise if I'm dumbing things down a bit...

Do you want to experience all the single player stories? Play as whichever class you want.

If you want to get involved in group play then think about the role you want to fill, do you wanna be the guy who takes all the damage for the team (tank), do you want to be the guy who deals all the damage (DPS), or do you want to be the healer?

Like Odolwa, my main was a Jedi Knight (Sentinel - DPS) and two lightsabers was fun. I also played a Trooper (Tank) which was great fun as well... I am yet to start a healer properly :)

5. Master Agoraphobia

Master Agoraphobia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    My main is a Sith Juggernaut. Single light saber and HUGE amounts of burst damage. Jugg can also spec as a great tank as well. I his max level with this character and the storyline is awesome. It has some similarities to Malgus' story in Deceived. Just some.

LIke Matt and Odolwa, I also have a Sentinel (two sabers) that is level 34 at the moment and it's very fun. Lots of DPS. I'm enjoying this class and the story thoroughly.

Also, the PvP in this game is so fun!

6. Denco

Denco Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2013
    As you can read, just try. You can get level 10 pretty easy in few hours. And I think that it can give nice picture of the class.

7. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I started with a Marauder at launch, then I've done a Scoundrel (and LOVED the story, probably because I rolled as a female twi'lek, blue), currently running a Sentinel as my main (just hit 55 a few days ago). Everyone says the Imperial Agent has the best story, but for some odd reason I just can't get into it. Probably because I'm an in-your-face-with-twin-blades kind of guy.

8. MasterSanders

MasterSanders Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2014
    I feel ya.... I got Revan's mask rocking 2 red black sabers myself.... I'm rarely ever on but I did love the Sith Marauder and Jedi Sentinel storylines, after you finish the storylines though the game gets pretty boring, that's why Galaxies was a better game overall because you could literally spend time doing anything and customizing everything.... They should start implementing more customization in the upcoming patches, able to have guild halls, guild capital ships, etc... Wish they had more black robes or at least fixed Revan's gear to look like KOTOR.... I honestly wished they would have just made another RPG though... Just saying I love people but when it's game time I prefer to get locked in and not talk to other people...

9. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I'd play it if I could... I only have an old mac that probably wouldn't be able to run it even if they made it for mac. I'm not a big fan of MMO's but I would have made an exception for Star Wars. I would have preferred another KOTOR, as you can probably tell by my avatar, I am a big fan and the first one is still one of my favourite games of all time.