main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kennedy Space Center Trip

Discussion in 'Archive: Melbourne, FL' started by Thumper09, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Hi all.

Buzz and I were doing some conspirating the other night and the topic of making a trip out to the KSC Visitor's Complex to leave something at the Space Mirror (Astronaut Memorial) came up.

Is anyone interested in going out there? There is admission, but it gets you the tour, movies and everything. Ticket prices at the gate are $25, and I can get them in advance for $19.

We're looking at going next Saturday, February 15. We can figure out a time when we know how many people are coming and where they're coming from. And if you can stand to listen to me, I'll even play tour guide the whole day.

-Katie
    Thumper

2. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    Awsome!!!!!!!!! You two read my mind. I was going to suggest the same thing! Stay out of my mind. I will be there. I (hopefully) go get my new car Monday or Wednesday so I should have no problem getting there.

3. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I now turn responsibility for planning the KSC trip over to Buzz or his duly appointed representative. Sorry, but things changed a lot in the last few hours and now I'll be out of state then.

Have fun, stay safe, stay warm or cool (whichever), and I'll see you all when I get back.

-Katie
    Thumper

4. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    I'll go! :) I can help "plan" it I guess being close to it.

5. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    That will be a major help Art. I need an on-site point man.....jeez take the boy out of the military but you can't take the military out of the boy... then again you should see my hair and goatee.
    This is going to be a short fuse evolution broken down to an unnumerable series of iterations. Primarily what the plan was was to nmeet at the T-ville liabary and head over the the visitors center and present out bounty to the memorial. We are the only chapter with a man-rated launch pad in it's backyard. It is fitting we pay tribute in our geek kinda way.
    I am making a totem of sorts out of a 1/2 inch peice of steel with all of the religious symbols of the fallen welded onto the surfece of the plate. (Hint as to what I have been up to the last few months.)
    Everyone else is encouraged to pay respects in a mannor best suited them.
    Buzz

6. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    I'd like to go- depends on time though- I don't get outta school on Saturday till after 11am- so wouldn't be able to get there till about 12:30.

7. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    I was going to ask Katie but does anyone know who we have to talk to get permission to leave something? Or will anyone ask? And what do people think of a flower memorial wreath (sp?)? Maybe we can ask the FL501st and FL RL if they want in?

Art

8. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    The flower memorial wreath sounds really nice.
    Have we decided on a time?

9. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    I think we'll stay with the day Thumper proposed if we can get the other questions answered and everything coordinated. :)

What do you think Buzz? I'd wait till Katie got back if possible but I'd also like to do something soon since she wasn't sure when she'd get back. I don't know how long it'll take to get setup. Has anything been done?

Art

10. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    Are we planning to invite the 501st/RL?

11. TheSpectre

Sep 28, 2002
    This was mine an Katies plan.

Meet at the T-Ville Libary at noon. Go and place place out tribute at the Memorial, and then prowl.
    As for if we are allowed or not to leave something I am bringing mine in and it's not coming back with me.
    I think if someone would like to invite the 501st and the RL guys it would be a very nice thing. (second edit)Let's invite the Orlando gang also.
    I don't want to sound like a prick or anything but there is a less than a week until this happens and I am not going to be agreeable to jerking the time and the meeting place around. It will take to much time to let all of the other players know, and for those that will be coming from out of town it will cry havok on their planning.
    I'd like to thank everyone in advance for particitaing in this event. I won't go into my Reel Space/Real Space conundrum. That is a different matter.
    Now, will there be any other questions.

Buzz

12. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    Yeah, just one.
    Has everyone seen my picture at the Rebel Legion website?!
    Sorry. It's taken me a year, but I finally became an official member! I am the Queen of Procrastination. I think I even beat out Katie. ;)

13. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    Back on topic. Noon is a good time I think. Gives me time to get out there.
    I'm really looking forward to this. Even begged to get the day off from work.
    Oh, I posted the info on the Orlando boards.
    Can't wait to see you guys!

14. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Okay.

I agree. Let's not change the date. I think that one works best.

I'll invite the RL and 501st.

I'll call the Visitor's center and see what the policy is about leaving things.

Who wants to do a wreath? card? something? LMK.

Art

15. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    I think a card, wreath, or something like that would be cool. Either is fine by me.

16. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    So besides Buzz and Stef is there anyone else going to come?

Are you coming Ruckus?

Art

17. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Okay- sorry haven't kept up w/ the boards- if I read this right- we are meeting at 12 at titusville library- on saturday- from there we are going to the space center? Is this right? If it is- I will be able to go. I will probably make it right at 12- cause I have a class thats suppose to run to 11:45am on Sat in melbourne- but usually gets out before 11.

James

18. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Sorry guys, I can't make it. I have plans to go to Islands of Adventure with my family.

My friend really wanted to drop something off up there for her. But we'll have to go leave some flowers and stuff another time.

19. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Okay Ruckus. We'll probably be at the library for a bit.

We'll catch you another time Mayo! :) Good luck with your dance competition.

Art

20. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    We are meeting at the library. Cool. Lets hope I don't get lost trying to find it!
    A pilot without her astromech is a dangerous thing. ;)

21. TheSpectre

Sep 28, 2002
    It was great seeing James, Art, Stef and Dude at the T-ville libary. I wish I could ahve gone to the Cape with you all but I am adjusting to life as a poor underworked boat cleaner now. Maybe if I can get a gig scrubbing the cruise ships.....
    None the less Thanks for being there.
    Buzz

22. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah it was nice seeing you as well. You would have added to the fun we had- of sorts- cause for me it did get a little somber for obvious reasons- I tried to keep the troops morale up- don't know how well I did at that. I went and got a year pass- which I have done before- since I live a big whopping 15 minutes away. So I can go see the IMAX movie a few times.

23. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    It was a great time! :)

Thanks for coming down Buzz and Stef! It was nice seeing you again.

We'll have to do something again soon!

Can't wait for MegaCon!

24. Delaya

Oct 26, 2001
    It was a lot of fun. It was great to see you guys again. And the drive wasn't too bad. I am anxiously counting down the days until MegaCon.

25. Exploding_Chicken

Exploding_Chicken Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2002
    Hey, Stef.
    Sorry, just intruding from the Australian boards. We, at the NSW Boards, think your trip to Kennedy was a great thing to do, just so you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.