main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Walking Dead and Spinoffs on AMC

Discussion in 'Community' started by EmpireForever, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I was expecting something worse than just a gladiator fight. I mean, it is barbaric, but it's basically just boxing or MMA especially if the zombies are literally de-fanged. The Governor's head collection and daughter are definitely creepier.

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Doing stuff like this to the living is way worse than say the head collection. His niece/daughter however is probably equally weird/creepy.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm watching the Talking Dead bonus segment on YouTube and Greg Nicotero is talking about all the scenes that were cut from the episode. I really hope AMC either leaks those scenes online or puts them on the DVD.

Edit: Also, I think my ovaries went into overdrive seeing Darryl with the baby.

4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Do you mean your ladybits quivered? If so, I agree.

Also I rememember there being something a bit more gruesome with the gladiator fights in the book. But I can't remember what it was.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not the fights, but how they took care of the zombies, which led to one of the Governor's best lines. "Well stranger, we feed them strangers."

6. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Given the phone and the absence of Lori's body, I am wondering if they are going to try to suggest, beyond Rick's own delusion, that Lori is somehow still alive (we didn't actually see Carl shoot her). It seems too ambiguous not to be intentionally ambiguous. I feel like Carol is in the same camp where they haven't found her remains or any indication as to what happened to her outside of hairnet thingy. But then what the hell did they bury out there? In three graves?!

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    My guesses:

1. Andrew
    2. Recovered T-Dog's remains from the yard and buried them
    3. The zombie that ate Lori.

8. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Why bury one convict, especially one that just cost the lives of two, maybe three of your group, but not the others that they killed? I find it strange that they would bury a zombie, even if it ate Lori...

I think there is something else going on with the graves. More so with Daryl putting a Cherokee Rose on one of the graves. Clearly he meant that for Carol, but I find it strange that the grave was filled yet we saw neither her death nor her remains.

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Just my guesses until the show tells us otherwise.

10. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    No, I think those graves are symbolical, at least for the time being.

11. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Even if she's right about her suspicions Michonne is starting to annoy me with the whole "GRRR I HATE THE WORLD GRRR I'M ANGRY ALL THE TIME GRRR I DON'T TALK A LOT GRRR GIVE ME MY SWORD BACK!!!". Yeah I get she's been through the zombie apocalypse thing and all but it's still stupid.

My heart kind of broke when Carl said all the names for the baby. :(

12. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Sure but why dig three graves and then fill two if nothing is in them.

Unless Daryl has secretly had a thing for T-Dog I was previously unaware of.

13. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I don't think they put anything in Lori's, but that's just a guess. I think it's more of a memory thing. This show tends to focus on realism, and realistically that zombie's stomach would have burst and there would be lori innards in all his insides...it would be hard to pick out the lori bits from the zomb bits, and I doubt they'd bury the zomb itself because that's insulting to lori.

I'm going to guess the same for Carol because they don't have her body, because the preview right after the ep showed that she was still alive. So just a memorial.I think T-dog was the only one with a "body".

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I was kind of expecting to see Michonne in the arena. I mean for sure the governor's people are going to capture her.

Rick and the phone is showing up early isn't it? I didn't think he started talking to Lori until the prison goes to hell and they are on the run again.

15. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    I am baffled that they would dig a grave and fill it with nothing but dirt, rather than just putting up a marker if it was just meant to be symbolic.

16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Maybe they buried their belongings? Kind of like what happens when someone is MIA in war or an unsolved murder that they family needs closing.

17. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    I guess. It just seems to be incredibly misleading, possibly intentionally so, when there is so much ambiguity pertaining two of the deaths. Maybe I am over-thinking it, but I feel like its unnecessary or that there is something missing.

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Which two deaths still leave you wondering? The graves were for Lori, Carol and T-Dog right? I think Carol's is the only one we never see on screen and could possibly be still alive.

19. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Lori's remains are presently unaccounted for. Its implied they are in the zombie Rick found, but as has been pointed out, that's a lot of remains for a single zombie to consume, bones and all? And we are still not entirely sure they are actually in that zombie. Further confusing matters is the cutting away when Carl shot Lori. its a little too much ambiguity IMO, and its not like the show has been squeamish about showing death or carnage up until now. Its likely nothing, but it feels too coincidental IMO.

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, it's gruesome and disturbing, but so are boxing and MMA. I really just thought of MMA when I saw that scene.

I kind of agree. The thing is, from Andrea's POV and everything she actually knows, she's right to want to stay in Woodbury. She's seen little bits of the Governor being cagey but mostly she's seen a town that's pretty normal (up until this MMA bit... but then again, my thought was that this is Georgia and that's not really that outside the norm for entertainment there). And Michonne has information that could help sway Andrea, but she doesn't share it (bullet holes in the military convoy, for instance). She just wants Andrea to listen to her and do whatever she says. So really Michonne is no different from the Governor in that way. And when one presents you a town and the other wondering in the awful wilderness, I actually agree with Andrea's decision here.

And yeah I don't think they found Carol's remains and I'm not sure she's dead (don't watch previews so I'm not sure what that was about).

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    No the zombie ate her for sure. Greg Nicotero (the director of last night's episode) said that the zombie ate her on Talking Dead last night. There were bits of her hair all over it's mouth and in it's hand. The zombie got so fat from eating her it couldn't get up.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I feel like there should have been some remains left. Clothes especially. Maybe they thought that would be too gruesome.

23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm not sure that show could find anything too gruesome. :p

24. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Too gruesome? That would be a first for this show, especially when in the same episodes they showed T-Dog's half eaten body. And if that's what Nicotero was intending to imply I think he need to make it much clearer (blood and hair is not enough to make that distinct). I find it difficult to believe one zombie could eat an entire human being bones and all.

Again I am probably overthinking it, but it still feels like either information is missing (ie sloppy) or they are leaving something out intentionally (ie misdirection).

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah that's why it was confusing to me. I guess they were being coy for the sake of sentiment this one time, but seriously, it's physically impossible and was a little confusing to me at first.