main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Knocking on Their Back Door: the Story of the Endor Strike Team" - RECRUITMENT

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Talon Squad Leader, Nov 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    ha ha, your sig is funny, I saw that movie. When'll we start?

2. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Well, the first thing we need are characters(Everyone break out your copies of RotJ). First, in the movies, Chewie, the Mon Calamari aboard the Star Cruisers, and Nien Numb are the only aliens shown. That doesn't mean we can't have any alien characters in the story, but the majority of the characters will probably be human. TSL and I are trying to keep as far from the main characters as possible, (althought half the fun of this story is using Han, Luke and the rest) and concentrate on our own characters and story. Anyway, any character ideas you have, please post them here.

TSL is out of town right now, so I'm going to try to keep things rolling as best I can. Any other ideas, you have for the story please post them here.

Thanks
    -> IA

3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    OK, I have one question: Do we write separate stories for every character (everybody from his character's POV), or do we write one story and everybody's using all the characters? :) (I hope I expressed myself in a way that it makes sense... :p )

4. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    IA, I'm assuming this will be like TIS? If it is, it'll be one large story. My question: When will the story begin? A couple weeks before Battle of Endor? Days?

5. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    It will be like TIS in that it will be one story with several characters, but this story will have a definite starting point and ending point. It will not be an ongoing story, but will be more like a novel. Whether or not each person writes for one character is still up in the air, I think. We need a total of ten characters not counting the canon characters. Does anyone have a preference?

6. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Um, what does TIS mean? :)

And I think that who wants to have his/her own character, should have it. But then they'd need to provide detailed description of the character, so that the other writers would not play against each other. :)

7. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    TIS = Talon Intelligence Squadron

So we're only going to write about our own characters? Or is this going to be more like fan fictionish, in that we can write everyone's character?

8. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    That's the decision I want input on, Fluke. Personally, I'd like to see open characers, where everyone writes for all the characters instead of each person having a set character, but I could go either way. Anyone else have any preference?

9. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    Well, Nien Numb was with Lando, Chewie's there, I don't undertsand about the Mon Calamari guy, I thnk all of the strike team guys were Humans. if you look at this one scene their all humans, and the mission from Force Commander said they were all humans. But that game had no real choice. That doesn't mean we can't have some sort of humanoid alians, like a Barbel.

10. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Veng, just to let you know, I said above that the Mon Calamari (plural) were aboard the Star Cruisers. I was making a general comment that not very many aliens are seen in the Rebellion in *any* of the Star Wars movies.

And, no that doesn't mean we can't have any aliens in our story. We just have to choose them carefully if we do.

11. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    I'm sorry, thats why I was confused. Well, theres more alians than black people there you go.

12. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    I'd like to see open characters also, IA. Makes things easier and also a little more interesting to work with.

And I don't remember seeing aliens on the strike team at all.

13. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    I'd like to see open characters, too.

14. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Mar17swgirl: I don't want confusion and mischaracterization either, something that is prone to happen in any group story. My plan for open characters would have everyone communicating on a regular basis on each post and having posts read prior to them being posted in the story thread itself. Would that be acceptable to you?

15. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    ::nods:: Sure. Sounds good to me. :)

And I think that open characters is a great idea, because it won't look like everybody's writing just his/her character and not caring for anything else. ;)

P.S.: Oh, and you can call me just Mar. Everyone here calls me that. :D

16. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    Mar? aight. So can I have a Barbel anyways?

17. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    ::shrugs:: I think we can have there an alien or two... I haven't seen any in ROTJ, though (I mean, I haven't seen any aliens in the team that went to destroy the shield generator on Endor ;) ), but I think it would be fun to have one or two aliens there. :)

::looks around:: Oh my. Am I the only female here? :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) ;) :D :D [face_blush] :p

(Force, I love those smilies...)

18. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    hey, I guess you are... hmm...
    Anyways, Would you think that a Barbel ebing in the story change things? And what of Infiltrators?

19. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    Since this is more like a novel, are we going to write about anything happening in space?

20. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Well, the first part of the story will probably take place on the Rebel Fleet, and there will probably be at least one scene on the Death Star II.

21. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    TSL, AI! Sound really interesting. I know I shouldn't do this... but count me in! :) :p

I like the idea of open characters, but I'll just have to get used to it. It'll be a lot of work.

Oh, and I'll be posting on TIS soon! Promise :p

22. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    hmmmm..... I don't know. I'll have to think abou it.

23. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    May I join? I know it's a little late.

24. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    It depends on how big the Endor Strike Team was. IA, we have an applicant. 'Nuff room for her to join?

25. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    Hi Mayo, nice to see ya again. Perhaps we can ave Moya and my charcter [if not barbel] have something? we never finished the Romeo/Juliet thing did we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.