main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (no cheats allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I have a bit of a dilemna here. I was about to go with my usual planet order (Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, and Korriban) when I just learned that Yuthara Ban shows up on Dantooine if you redeem her. Now I'm too curious not to follow through. However, that would require going to Korriban 1st or second, since Dantooine is destroyed after the 3rd Star Map is found.

This usually wouldn't really be a problem, however I still have yet to finish several subplots after 4 games. This includes Juhani's, whose plot stopped after she met the Mandalorian on Manaan who claimed to know something about her mother, the last time I played. She pretty much kept saying "DON'T TALK TO ME! I WILL HAVE REVENGE!" until the end of the game, since the Mando never appeared again.

I also need to have HK and Jolee join me early on, especially HK, since I'm finally developing my repair skill enough to unlock some of his memories before my character is revealed as Revan. And of course, I need Jolee before Manaan for obvious reasons.

As you can see, I have a problem. Basically, is there a way to switch up planet order to include Yuthara on Dantooine and every other subplot in the game?

And yes, this whole post has been confusing even for me. :p

2. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I've thought and thought and thought about it many times before whitey... theres just no perfect order to do the planets in. The game doesn't go in a certain order in which if you play straight through it, you can do EVERYTHING. The only way to do that is to go back and fourth between planets. For example, make it so the first thing you do after you get off Dantooine is that you go purchase HK, but then you just get back on the ship and leave, and finish Tatooine later.

Also, does Yuthura really show up on Dantooine? Why don't I know about this... oh yeah... I always kill both her and Uthar... hehe.... good times....

3. jedman67

jedman67 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2007
    When i finish cleaning out the sith tombs, and i attempt to leave the valley, my game always crashes, and i cant figure out what went wrong. Can anyone help me??

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I suppose if you need HK and Jolee you can just pick them up at their respective planets and then come back for the Star Map later? Though that would be a pain.

5. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    According to wookiepedia, she does.

And I thought of the planet hopping, but I hate having to go through the planet arrivals over and over again. :p

If all else fails, I have a game that I abandoned 14 hours through. I can just go to Korriban first on that game.

6. Darth_Morhs

Darth_Morhs Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2005
    I have a pretty general question: what's the best way to beat Malak (final battle)? I beat him, but it wasn't so satisfying when I would run, through a grenade, advanced medpac, then keep running until he's down to almost zero health, then going and flurrying him to death. Any suggestions?

7. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah I found it annoying too. The whole time I was just spamming medpacks and stims because my character just wasn't strong enough. Eventually I do win though, so I guess Medpacks >>> Star Forge life drain

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The way that feels more epic is to have Drain Force and/or Force Lightning and then run around and use those powers on the Jedi that are imprisoned. They are already dead, so don't worry about lightside or darkside stuff. Using Force Drain will of course regenerate you from the damage Malak unleashes. I would throw up Master Speed first then just run off to the nearest Jedi. You could hit Malak with a Force Push, it almost always works at first, then run off with Master Speed.
    Just be careful and watch that Force Power Meter. Once you destroy all the Jedi Malak can no longer use them to power himself back up, and then you can tear him apart, though he is still rather tough. You may still need to run a bit and hit those medpacs but not nearly as much.

9. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh yeah I picked Force Breach to take out the dead Jedi chambers. For some reason using it on them will regenerate your Force meter, so I guess it could be useful if you alternate between it and Life Drain if you put a point into that skill as well. The massive Force regeneration you get from Force Breach could help make up for a light side Jedi using Life Drain.

10. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I played as a Consular, so I didn't have any useful battle techniques against him (I usually won every fight by stunning my opponents into oblivion, Bastila never got a chance to use her lightsaber, but I couldn't stun Malak).

So I ran away. Then I pushed him. Then I ran away. And it really ended like a playground brawl after a session of serious pushing. :D Somehow, I found this to be very satisfying... [face_whistling]

I actually didn't need any health packs or stuff like that, maybe condition enhancer to escape more quickly... I'd agree that destroy droid (or lightning, but I didn't have that) is most practical for taking out the captured Jedi, but lightsaber throw works just as fine. It only takes longer.

11. ALKATRAZ_Adrian

ALKATRAZ_Adrian Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2007
    I think that the BEST way to beat Malak is strait head to head combat with Soldier\Jedi Guardian at least form my experience, i tried last time i played Soldier\Jedi Consular it was...... just wrong(at least for me) i ran and ran and ran... from malak, force powers not working, not much life points and force points for that matter but i beat him in 10 min(which is far to much for me and my Guardian :))and after that i will never play as a consular(much to weak, in KOTOR2 the consular\Jedi Master\Sith Lord was the **** i had a lot of fun and he was very powerful)any way i think that the best way to finish the game is to have a good Gedi guardian.

The End!!! :D

12. ALKATRAZ_Adrian

ALKATRAZ_Adrian Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2007
    Did anyone finish all the side quest in the game ??

13. getsitfaster

getsitfaster Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2007
    in the underwater section on mannan, my computer keeps freezing and the game shuts down... it started pretty much as soon as i got in there, has that happened to anyone else? graphics card maybe?

14. Jango_Pepsi66

Jango_Pepsi66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2006
    I'm on tatooine and on the part where you disguise yourself as tusken raiders and walk in. It won't let me; now at first I thought it was just the ambushes, but now it atoumatically makes the tuskens an enemy. Any suggestions?

To the mannan question: Perhaps it is the graphics card. Which one are you using?

15. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Did you buy HK? If I remember correctly, you have to have HK to translate for you otherwise they see through your disguise and attack you no matter what.

16. Jango_Pepsi66

Sep 19, 2006
    sorry about that; it was just a glitch, but I got past it.

Right now I'm on the levathian; and I'm stuck on the part where you go against Saul, two dark jedi, two sith soldiers, and two sith elite soldiers. Does anyone have any tips?

17. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Don't focus on Saul. He has high health, but no attack, so if you attack him, you're wasting turns as everyone else kills you. Have Bastila and your character focus on the Dark Jedi and have carth focus on grenading (is that a word???) everyone else. Then, after everyone is dead, go after Saul. Make sure to use medpacs as your party members' health goes down.

18. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    I went for a pretty cheap build, and had Force Wave by the time I was on Leviathan. The rest of the game was the spam, spam, spam and watching the enemies die, die, die (yes, including Saul) all the way up until the final battle.

19. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Is there any way to break into the control room in the Hidden Bek base and the Matale place on Dantooine? Those are the only two places I can think of that I've never been able to get in to.

20. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I think its a Dark-Side thing. I've gotten into the inner Bek base when I decide to side with the Black Vulkars. As far as the Matale home? I wouldn't know. I just rescue the punk, let the teens meet up outside the home... and then yell at the dads to shut up while the kids run to the enclave. That mission gets old after so many playthroughs.

21. Jango_Pepsi66

Sep 19, 2006
    Now I am stuck on the Star Forge at the part where after he sends the droids, he sends some Sith Knights, some Sith apprentices, and some sith troopers. I kill like 10 sith knights, 5 sith apprentices, and nine sith troopers. Then, 6 more sith come, and 4 more troopers come. I use my healing, my grenades, my lighting, my combat skills, but too many freakin' sith are there! Any advice?

22. Starfire19

Starfire19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2006
    They normally come in waves, so the best thing to do is wait until the action stops and then get healthy on Force Heal and/or medpacs, THEN go forward until you encounter more of the Sith. Using Force Wave before Force Lightning isn't a bad idea, either. You at least have a decent chance (depending on your Wisdom) of stunning some of them. Saving between waves of attacks is a veeeeery good idea, too.

Outside of that? Try to keep your other two party members in check. Don't let them stray that far from you. It's hard to do it 100% of the time, but try as hard as you can to have them attack the same person/group as you. You'll mow down enemies a bit more quickly this way, especially if you have two Jedi with you. Lightsaber/Melee attack is probably the best way to go. Too many Sith to take down with blasters, you know?

Good luck!

23. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I've played as a total badass lately, and got all of them killed for the first time. The dialogues before that are fun :p

24. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Those doors in the Bek base are unopenable.

25. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Everytime I get to the Temple scene with Bastilla, I always have Revan choose to become Lord Revan again. For some reason imo, the finale and story flows better when he becomes Darth Revan once again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.