main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR: Hints, Tips, Strategies, Walkthroughs (no cheats allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    i did all that, i'm wondering if the problem is that i have vista?

2. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I have a question. Kotor is my favorite game of all time, and i have always played the game on the highest difficulty level. But when i go into a saber fight i almost never win, i have to stop, and run away to heal, then go back into the fight. I was wondering if its better to play "Normal" difficulty setting? Does it make a differense?

3. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    First of all, what's your class? Because if you're playing a scoundrel/consular, the game is already a lot harder.

4. Eternity85

Jan 24, 2008
    Well yeah, thats true. But does the gaming improve on the "Normal" difficulty settings, or is it going to be to easy?

5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Just a quick question, does KOTOR work on Windows Vista?

I lent my game CD to a friend who just installed it and its not working saying that the configuration is not good. Yet her computer meets the requirements.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I do find Normal to be too easy. Actually, Hard is easy. But then again I always play as a hack-slash type of character.

7. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I could never get it to work on Vista, but I'm no expert on Windows so it may have just been because I couldn't figure something out.

8. insaneric

insaneric Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2008
    Two problems occur:-

first something about the CD, download a no CD crack to bypass this.

Second
    You need to replace the Mss32.dll in the kotor 2 file with one the one from kotor 1, if you have it (if not try kotor forums of filefront). Then it should work.

9. insaneric

insaneric Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2008
    I have a problem getting the cheats to run in vista, does anyone have a solution to this?

10. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I started playing this game on the 360 but every now and then the sound effects seem to just vanish and I'm left with only the music score playing. I'm worried that every time I load my saved game, it'll load without sound effects.

I've quit the game and reloaded my save file with no success. I'm still missing sound effects.

Anyone else have this or similar problems when playing the original game on the 360?

Also, is it possible to beat Taris (and the dueling arena) without leveling past level 2?

11. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Playing most Xbox 1 games require you to download a small patch through Live to enable gameplay on the 360. And even then you'll still experience some audio and graphical glitches (which are even worse when playing KOTOR 2) because, essentially, the Xbox 1 and the 360 are completely different consoles and the software originally made for one will not necessarily work well on the other. You still have your original Xbox, so I think you're better off playing KOTOR there.

As for getting past the dueling arena just on level 2? I think it's impossible. I once held back on levelling at 4 and even then beating the Mandalorian was extremely difficult.

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Yeah, he's a Starkiller all right...

13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    You're gonna have to go to at least a level four.

I usually go to level 6 as a soldier and stop until I become a guardian.
    I go to level 5 in all other cases.

14. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I just purchased KOTOR II and as far as I can tell the copy is faily new as it's a re-release of the Wanted Now activision range. Now I'm instaling it and it's asking for data3.cab form disk 2, problem is disk two seems to be blank.
    Is it me or a defective game so I have to take it back to the shop tomorrow, the day after I bought it.

15. Darth_Ashraak

Darth_Ashraak Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004

I did and:

1. that has no bearing on what I said so I would suggest you read and understand instead of trying to win an argument that does not exist which leads be to the reason I made the statement

2. please show me where in either KOTOR or KOTOR II, Bane is mentioned. I'd really love to see it.

16. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    You know Darth Bane was only around 1000 years before the battle of Yavin (ie; episode 4), whereas KOTOR is set roughly 4000 years before episode 4.

How could Bane be mentioned when he's not alive for another 3 millenia?

17. Darth_Ashraak

Aug 3, 2004
    Thank you, Jedi_Matt. Some people like yourself sit down and analyze stuff before posting unlike some other people who jus6t want to make an argument to be an internet know-it-all and end sounding stupid.

I'm still waiting for him to show me where Bane is mentioned in either KOTOR or KOTOR II.

18. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but if anyone is sounding stupid here, it's you, as no one ever said that Bane was mentioned in KOTOR or KOTOR II. ;)

This wasn't about Bane being in the games either. It was about the fact that Revan influenced Bane - as you can read in Path of Destruction - and someone not liking this connection. Instead he (or she, who knows) wanted Revan to remain isolated from all the other stories, which means not being connected to other storylines or characters. That whole point has absolutely nothing to do with Bane being in the games, which wouldn't have made any sense anyway.

I thought his point was pretty easy to understand, so I have no idea how you came up with what you wrote. You are simply using Bane not being in the games as proof for their being no connection, while you completely disregard the fact that there can also be a conenction if Revan is used in other EU-material. That's what all this was about, at least as far as I understand it. In his opinion, Revan shouldn't have been used in other EU-work.

19. Darth_Ashraak

Aug 3, 2004
    Again another person who opens his mouth to make an argument and sounds stupid. You should mind your own business. If I make a statement that Bane is not mentioned at all, then he makes a statement, clearly I didn't read the book he is obviously countering my earlier statement and making a claim that Bane was mentioned which is what I am challenging. Don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong. This is between me and him so let him show his proof.

20. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Is it possible to beat this game using only a stun baton?

21. Eternity85

Jan 24, 2008
    Well, that is something i dont believe anyone has tried yet. But if you try i guess you have a challenge :p

22. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I had an interesting bug with Mira and Hanharr in one of my games, apparently Mira is standing in one corner near the hangar on Nar Shadaar where the Hawk is, including when she is in my party and Mira can be beside herself. Hanharr stands near the railing near the cantina, and I can talk to neither of them.

It's only in one of my games where I am female and lightside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.