main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    15. How would you have brought back Maul? You have to bring him back SenatorKelberry.

2. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

I think Savage Opress should have been killed during the Nightsisters arc (he seems to have become something of a third wheel to the series lately) and then, at the end, have it revealed that Mother Talzin had Darth Maul in her care, comatose, but very much alive, kept that way by a combination of his hate and that 'water of life' stuff they seem to make generous use of. With Savage dead, Maul would be their ace in the hole when Dooku came looking for revenge. They would have fully revived him, rebuilt him, and then Maul vs. Grievous would've been cool. Or maybe he would have turned on the nightsisters anyway, but who can tell? I think that would have been cool.

As to how he would have gotten from Naboo to Dathomir...uhm...FedEx?

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  4. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

I should say The Clone Wars Movie, just to mess with people...

But actually I think the soundtrack I enjoy the most would be for Episode I. The return of classic Star wars music combined with the debut of "Duel of the Fates", a lot of quick pieces and somber, militaristic marches, and overall, it's part of the reason I like watching the film.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  6. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

I think, for me personally, it would be Anakin/Darth Vader's funeral pyre at the end of Return of the Jedi. it was a powerful moment in 1983, but it's even more moving to me now when watching the six films in order, because you get a complete picture of this man's entire life. Most of it spent being manipulated and controlled by forces well outside his control practically from birth. I often think when he turned on the emperor was one of the few times in his life he truly did something for himself, because he wanted to...because it was the right thing to do. when he was born only his mother loved him...when he died only his son did. Despite his marriage he lived his life very much alone I think, and overall his life really was a tragedy, almost from the outset.

The funeral scene speaks to all these things from the darkness to the fire, and then at the end to slow pan of the camera upwards to the stars where we move on to the celebration, seeing that his last act of compassion helped pave the way for a brighter future...even if he would never be remembered for it in the galaxy at large.

Seerow likes this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  8. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

Oh, yes! I touched on that in Question 4, and the answer is...Tie Fighter! Far and away the best space combat simulation I've ever played, set in a galaxy far far away, and for once putting you in the drivers seat of some of the most feared space superiority fighters of the Imperial navy from the base TIE Fighter, all the way up to the TIE Advanced and TIE Defender. Complex missions, multiple mission objectives, from all out destruction to disabling and taking prisoners, and even subtle intrigue, picking up mission objectives from shadowy figures that may not always been in line with what you're supposed to be doing. i could play that again and again, and I swear if I knew how to get the polished 3D enhanced windows 9x version to work on 64-bit Windows 7 I'd do it in a flat second. Lucasarts seriously, seriously, needs to either remake it for modern hardware or release it through GOG games or something.

Barriss_Coffee and Seerow like this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    19. What do you like most about LACWAC? What keeps you visiting SenatorKelberry?

10. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

I'm kind of alone in my love of TCW locally. My mate isn't big on Star Wars in general, so i can't really have drawn out conversations with him about what I do and don't like about it and what my thoughts on the future are. I have a few friends that watch it, but we don't really get into the long drawn out conversation I get when I come here.

I keep coming back because I get a varied cross-section of Star Wars fans who are motivated enough to share their opinions with others even if they may not always agree. We bounce ideas off each other, point out aspects of the show others hadn't considered, come up with meanings and potential futures and all kinds of things. For me it adds a whole new dimension of enjoyment to TCW for me. I feel like I belong.

Initially when I created my account I was concerned that most everyone seemed to not care for the show and I wondered if I would be shunned for my views, but I wasn't. For that, I thank the excellent team of moderators over the last few years who have done a great job of making sure everyone has a voice and even if there are disagreements, you all make sure it never becomes personal, and that's important considering how passionate many of our views can be.

As long as there's a Star Wars show on TV, I'm likely to be be found here at LACWAC.

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  12. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

People like her posts, just because they find her LACWAC-y
    If she were to post in your thread, you would have to resist the strong urge to read it.
    She can speak Huttese...in Ithorian.

She is the most LACWAC-y person in the world...

"I don't always post to theforce.net forums...but when I do, I prefer LACWAC.
    Stay chatty, my friends."

(Well, OK, I may be exaggerating a bit about some of that...)

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  14. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

Hmmm...need some time to think about that one. Let's see if I can get the old creative juices flowing...

Seerow likes this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well you've got over 10 days and if I can come up with something terrible, I'm sure you'll come up with something way awesome. ^_^

16. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

I tried to think of a complete arc. It was difficult, actually. I have plenty of beginnings, but no endings. That happens frequently with me. Which is not a good thing when I happen to consider myself something of a writer. Plenty of beginnings but no endings. So, to answer the bonus question to the best of my ability, I began to think of an arc later in the clone wars, maybe only a few months before it all comes to it's tragic conclusion. The arc would revolve around Ahsoka, who has lately been having some troubling visions. Ones that aren't very clear, but ones she feel should be important. As if something big is coming that will change everyone's life but she can't quite zero in on what it is. I suppose the ending would be that she does fail in discovering what they mean, at least not before Order 66 comes down. Still, as part of the journey, she learned more about herself in the process.

Even though I can't really flesh it out more than that, I was able to write a "preview video" for the arc, it's a short little scene, and I took the opportunity to bring back an old friend as well.

--

Ahsoka bolted up out of bed with a gasp of shock. Her hands reached out in the darkness, summoning both her sabers to them from where they lay by her pillow before she realized it had only been a dream. Standing there in only her nightgown she took a moment to calm herself, slowing her breathing as she consciously forced herself to relax.
    It had been quite some time since she had a dream that had seemed as real as this one had. The last one had been quite some time ago, when she dreamed that Senator Amidala was in danger. A vision then. Perhaps that's what it was.
    She looked around the room lit only by what little moonlight filtered in from a high window. Stretching out with the Force she sensed what she really already knew. Everything was ok. The temple and it's inhabitants were at peace as far as she could tell. Vision or not, the danger she sensed had only been in her mind.
    Ahsoka lay back down on her bed, setting her lightsabers aside, and tried to go back to sleep, but it was a sleep that would not come. As she tossed and turned, it seemed like something was gnawing at her, just at the edge of her consciousness. Perhaps it was her imagination. Perhaps not. In any event, after nearly half an hour, she gave up trying to sleep and glanced at the chrono on the wall. Not long after midnight. Maybe she'd get a late night snack. It wouldn't be the first time.
    Since she was only going down to the closest refectory, she only slipped her brown Jedi robe on over her nightgown and tied the sash snugly. Summoning her blades once more, for she never let them out of her sight any more, she secured them to the sash of her robe and headed out into the darkened halls.

The Jedi Temple at night was a peaceful place. Of course it was a peaceful place during the day as well, but at night when most Jedi were in bed, it was, to borrow her Master's expression “quiet as a tomb”. Certainly there were plenty of Jedi who were naturally nocturnal, and they would be up and about, but they were, of course, courteous enough not to disturb those who needed their rest.
    True to her prediction, Ahsoka found the refectory sparsely populated with a few other Jedi when she got there. Nodding a silent greeting politely as she passed through the room, she headed for the kitchen. Finding they still had some leftover Alderran Stew from the late dinner service, she helped herself to a small bowl of it and something to drink before taking a seat at one of the long tables.
    As she ate she glanced up at one of the large holodisplays in the dining hall. Some late night news program was going on about the war effort, and how some strategists were predicting the war would be over with a victorious Republic within a few months at most. Ahsoka thought about that as she ate. No more war. It should please her that the galaxy would be at peace again, and yet that same something at the edge of her consciousness bothered her...as if something significant was going to happen when the war ended, but no one would tell her what it was.
    “Ahsoka?”
    Ahsoka nearly jumped in surprise and almost spilled her stew as she looked behind her, only to see her friend, Barriss Offee, standing behind her, grinning apologetically.
    “Apologies,” Barriss said “I didn't mean to startle you.”
    “Oh, no. No, that's ok,” Ahsoka replied “Have a seat. I didn't realize you were still up.”
    “Couldn't sleep,” Barriss said as she sat across from Ahsoka with what appeared to be a cup of warm bantha milk “I suspect much the same is true of you.”
    “Bad dreams, I guess,” Ahsoka confessed “I don't know what's going on, things just seem a little...off...lately.”
    “Visions perhaps?” Barriss suggested as she sipped her beverage “You do seem to be prone to them. Care to talk about it?”
    “Maybe,” Ahsoka said as she thought back to the images she saw in her mind “If it is, though, I have no idea what it means, it's like...I can't even really see anything, all I hear is breathing.”
    “Breathing?” Barriss asked, tilting her head slightly “Your breathing?”
    “No, it's,” Ahsoka paused as she tried to remember the sounds “It's harsher...like mechanical breathing. At first I thought it might be General Grievous, but I don't think it is.”
    “And that's all?” Barriss asked.
    “Yes,” Ahsoka replied “But it feels...dark...and cold. Like it should frighten me.”
    The two were silent for a moment as they pondered on the possible meanings.
    “Perhaps,” Barriss began “It is only a dream. But if not, perhaps some research in the library is in order. Or perhaps Master Yoda would have some insight.”
    “Maybe,” Ahsoka said absently before shaking herself slightly and finished eating her stew.
    “So why are you up so late?” Ahsoka countered “You're not having bad dreams too, are you?”
    Barriss actually colored slightly as she smiled.
    “Well, anticipation, actually,” she said “Perhaps even a little...excitement. Master Luminara has a new assignment for me. Actually I'm glad I ran into you, It may be some time before I return.”
    “Really?” Ahsoka asked “Where are you going?”
    “Well, apparently, there's been a fierce battle raging on Drongar,” Barriss said “And Master Luminara believes one of the RMSUs could benefit from a Jedi Healer.”
    Barriss finished her drink before continuing.
    “It seems sometimes like this war has had me fighting more than healing,” she said “I think this will be a good opportunity to hone my skills.”
    “Drongar,” Ahsoka repeated, turning the name over in her mind “I'm not sure I'm familiar with it.”
    “Not the most hospitable place from what I understand,” Barriss said, meaning that she had, in fact, researched the planet thoroughly “But the rare medicinal herbs they're fighting for make the planet important, so I shall go where I am needed.”
    “I'm sure you'll make your Master proud,” Ahsoka said, smiling “Just be sure to keep in touch, ok?”
    “I promise,” Barriss said, returning the smile.
    “As do I,” Ahsoka said, stifling a yawn suddenly.
    “Sounds like it's time for bed, at last,” Barriss said with a mild grin.
    Ahsoka nodded and got up, passing her dishes to a nearby service droid.
    “Yeah I think this did the trick,” Ahsoka said “Good luck with your assignment. We'll talk soon, I'm sure.”

The two young women said their farewells and Ahsoka headed back to her room. Only an hour had passed. Still plenty of time to get some rest and prepare herself for the day ahead. The dream, whatever it was, was a vague memory. Perhaps it was something. Perhaps it was nothing. She'd figure it out later, when she had the time. Her life seemed so busy these days. Perhaps when the war was over, things would settle down. Perhaps then she could concentrate on her own path as a Jedi. For the time being she slipped her robe off again, and crawled into bed. Stretching out, she laid her lightsabers by her pillow and let her body relax, feeling sleep weaving it's spell over her until, at last, she drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Excellent job, you have completed your interview SenatorKelberry!

Everyone give a round of applause!

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

SenatorKelberry likes this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I've noticed that most of our versions of Ahsoka's fate include those visions she used to get. I'd be disappointed if the real show completely ignored that for the rest of the series.

EDIT: And wow -- you played TIE Fighter! I didn't think anyone in this forum even heard of that!

Seerow and SenatorKelberry like this.
  20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The Flight simulator !? I have heard it is amazing and that it is the closest one will ever get to feel like a Tie Pilot?! That is some old school gaming.

SenatorKelberry likes this.
  21. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Yeah, I'm really hoping they go further with that aspect of her development. Visions for a Jedi really aren't something to be used as a single episode plot device then tossed aside like they never happened.

And yes, TIE Fighter is awesome. I bought the original DOS version when it first came out and was hooked instantly. There's nothing quite like the thrill you get zipping in close range behind an X-Wing, and taking him out.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I really hope Filoni reads alot of these episode ideas, particularly the ones dealing with Ahsoka's fate.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Maybe he can read mine and think "hm, not dark enough." [face_devil]

Barriss_Coffee and Seerow like this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    He'll just laugh at mine.

25. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    When's my interview?:p