main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Last Chance: Myn and Lara >New Year, new posts, and yes, the end is nigh<

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Aug 20, 2001.

1. LaraNotsilMynDonos

LaraNotsilMynDonos Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    (delurks) yes yes another chapter pleeeaaasse!!

I've just put all the chapters together in to a word doc so i can read it all at once :)

2. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Ah ... *sets up camp*

We're waiting, Derisa ;)

EDIT: Hey, cool username LaraNotsilMynDonos. Could have been my idea (another die-hard Lara/Myn shipper here :)).

3. LaraNotsilMynDonos

Aug 3, 2005
    thanks, its all about myn and lara! i've read most the EU books and there my fav characters.
    cant wait for another update!!

by the way love wraith squadron shadow play -thor- =D=

4. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Unfortunately I had to discontinue it :( I just couldn't find any inspiration anymore.

5. LaraNotsilMynDonos

Aug 3, 2005
    any sign of an update? no? oh well i'll just read 'yub yub major! in the meantime.
    but i will be back u mark my words muhahahaha [face_laugh]

6. LaraNotsilMynDonos

Aug 3, 2005
    Please please please please update!!
    i'll pay - i have 20,000 Republic dataries :)

7. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Hi all
    Darth life hi me too - Here's hoping we get to see the finish of this great story!
    Reb

8. LaraNotsilMynDonos

Aug 3, 2005
    id just like to say im still watching and waiting!!
    does any1 know where Derisa is?? should i send out a search party? should i stop talking now? YES
    ok...

9. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    "Republic credits? Credits are no good here, I need somthing more real."

I think Derisa went walkabout. Hopefully she'll come back and write some more of this delicious story.

10. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    Heres another new reader looking for an update!

I just read all of this story and loved it

Hope you update soon Derissa!

TnTornado

11. Jedi_Kassandra

Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    Hey, just found this! Hope it gets an update soon! It's awesome!

~kass

12. Fanficfan

Jul 12, 2005
    Yeah! what the new guys/girls said. We need an update... please??:( [face_praying]

13. ltmyndonos

ltmyndonos Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2006
    Another new reader here!... HOOKED new reader i might add. This story is incredible, definitely my favorite of any of the fan fiction i've ever read. Mind you, i'm a sucker for a good love story and i've always wanted to know something of what happened, if anything, to Myn and Lara/Kirney/Gara.

So i guess this is just a thank you to Derisa, a HUGE thank you, and a hope that the story is to continue, heh, i've sent this thread link to some of my other hardcore fan friends, and now they've got it on "active topic notification" too.

Cheers!

14. LaraNotsilMynDonos

Aug 3, 2005
    Any chance of a christmas update? pleeeeaaaasee!!! [face_praying]

15. Jedi_Kassandra

Jun 19, 2006
    Yes, a Christmas update would be AMAZING!

~kass

16. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Good lord, you people...

okay. I will do what I can to write some of the end soon... I can't say thank you enough for your continued faith... you people amaze me.

*Derisa*

17. ltmyndonos

ltmyndonos Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2006
    YES! you rule Derisa!

*sits patiently staring at the computer screen for it to pop up*

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

18. LaraNotsilMynDonos

Aug 3, 2005
    :eek: OMG i cant believe it SHES ALIVE!!!! :D

19. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Okay. Way long overdue, and strangely, not using much from any of the earlier drafts of this post, I present to you... the next chapter in the story. Please note: this is un-beta-read, completely raw, but I think all the relavant pieces are there. I hope you like. More to come, soon.

*Derisa*
    (finally)

The door to the tapcaf swooshed closed, cutting off the woman?s scream, before Derrek had a chance to do more than start in that direction. Kirney?s quick hand on his arm brought him back to himself, and their current situation. She pointed across the street.

?Up there,? she said, and scuttled across the street, dragging him with her. They pelted up the outside stairs, and Derrek realized she had selected the perfect surveillance position. From here they could see both the angled front door of the Crater, and the shadowed alley entrance. She set about readying an observation post, and gestured that Derrek should make sure the weapons were prepped.

A little cautious, he did so, but before he had a chance to question her, another speeder came sweeping up the street and four men in suspiciously rumpled ship suits poured out, taking up positions at the front. He hoped they were friends, noting the shorter dark-haired man look around, and then look across the street and up, apparently directly at them. Derrek hoped that was a good sign.

The sound of running feet drew his attention down the street, and he was flooded by relief when he saw Myn pelting towards them from the opposite side of the street.

He glanced across at his companion, murmuring into her commlink, and saw the same flood of feeling cross her face at the sight of Myn below them. At that moment, he knew he was not adding to Myn?s danger by being here with her. Whoever and whatever she was, she was as in love with his nephew as he was with her. He settled himself into the watch position, his attention on the rear door to the tapcaf, listening to the curious one-sided conversation, as Kirney briefed the other party on what she knew of the situation in the tapcaf.

?Lead, you really ought not to let Hobbie drive,? the self-professed ?good-looking Rogue? said, sounding aggrieved as they approached the door of the designated location, ?He gets excited enough in the cockpit-?

?Can it, Wes,? Tycho snapped, as Wedge?s commlink beeped before he could compose a response to the irrepressible Janson?s gibe.

?Janson, have a look,? Wedge ordered, and the Rogue in question stepped into range of the tapcaf?s autodoors. One quick glance was all he needed.

?Five uniforms by the counter, with hostage; two or three civs on the floor, one uniform, tables for cover,? he reported. ?No Myn.?

?You sure?? Tycho asked. Janson shot him a look.

Wedge?s comm beeped, and a flash of movement from down the street caught his eye. ?He?s sure,? Wedge said.

?There you are, Six!? Janson grinned as Myn drew up in front of their little group. ?We?ve been looking for you!?

The dark-haired Corellian met his commander?s eyes, ?Is Kirney...??

?Safe.?

Myn sucked in a breath of pure relief. ?Good.?

?I?m in comms with her. But we still have a situation.? It wasn?t a question.

Between Myn and Kirney, Wedge was brought up to speed. ?So who?s the uniform on the floor?? he asked, and Myn shook his head.

?Not sure. But if he?s shooting at the goons, he?s on our side.?

The sound of laser fire drowned out Myn?s reply. ?There?s a weapon for you over there.? Wedge pointed to Myn?s uncle?s speeder. ?Get up high, watch the back. We?re going in.? He watched as Myn retrieved the battered case and reverently drew forth a very serviceable-looking rifle. He issued his orders and they took up their positions on either side of the door, Hobbie poised to blow the door controls and the others low, to take advantage of the available cover within the Crater.

He heard the low, powerful rumble of the arriving speeder before he felt Tycho?s hand on his shoulder.

?We have more company, Boss.?

He overheard Janson?s comment to Hobbie as they

20. LaraNotsilMynDonos

Aug 3, 2005
    yay yay yay an update!! im so very happy *dances around*
    Derisa ur sooo good at this!! i want more more more :D
    i cant wait 2 c what happens!!

21. LaraNotsilMynDonos

Aug 3, 2005
    *bump*

come on i know im not the only who loves this story!!!

22. Fanficfan

Jul 12, 2005
    No you're not the only one who loves it. Excellent post Derisa.
    Can't wait to read more. (literally, can't wait...);)

By the way, if you still want me to beta for you then just email your drafts to me and I'll go through them for you. After reading that though I'm not convinced that you need me.

Keep up the great work.

23. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    My, my ... what do we have here? I was just making my monthly "anything happened?" check and what do I see? :eek:

[face_peace]

24. Jedi_Kassandra

Jun 19, 2006
    *screams* Yay! A postie! I love it! Is another coming soon?

~Kass

25. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Can't thank you all enough for providing me with the impetus to get on with finishing this story. I apologise for the shortness of the sections, they are being written on the fly, based on memories of draft notes over three years old. Enjoy, thank you, won't you?

*Derisa*

For some war is a horror. For others, it is a way of life, or a means to an end. For Axel Drey, it was his purpose. He had been made for this: the chaos of hot light, shattering noise and panicked movements. From the flick of his eye as he targeted, to the fast twitch of his finger on the pulse-trigger; in combat was less a place than a state of mind, and one he somehow thrived in. Axel was where he was born to be.

The Ewok rolled to the side and sprayed the bar with a barrage of shots. The DL44 wasn?t technically an auto-fire weapon, so Axel knew the little being?s fingers had to be even faster than his own on the trigger. He set aside his wonder to examine later. If there was going to be a later. At that moment, he didn?t care, as adrenaline sung in his veins and fired every nerve.

The door jammed open, more pieces on the gameboard, and Axel used the distraction to pick off one of the opposing pack of soldiers. As he went down with a cry and a hole where his eye had been, Axel glanced over, and in an instant decided not to shoot the four clean-cut figures ducking through the glare. Two joined the cop and the woman behind their table, one dove through the half-light to share his and Kolot?s cover. His pistol rang out and another face disappeared from behind the bar.

[i]Whoever he is, he?s a decent shot[/i], Axel thought, and grunted as the man shouldered into him.

?Hi!? said a cheerful voice, and a grin like a howlrunner set into a boyish face met the old warrior?s appraisal. It was almost possible to overlook the hard glint in the younger man?s eye, but Axel had seen too much action not to recognize a fellow soldier when he saw one.

?Glad you could make it,? Axel gruffed, as the other man fired off two shots in quick succession, drawing the attention of the CorSec jackboots off his friends at the door. "Glad you're on our side!"

?Glad to be here!" Janson replied, ?Myn throws a good party, I?d hate to miss it.?

?Name?s Axel.?

?Janson.?

Axel nodded, then introduced his small, furry companion, ?This here?s Kolot.?

He was completely unprepared for the stunned expression, as Janson?s mouth sagged open in a moment of absolute and pure amazement. ?K-? K-??

?You good shot, man,? the Ewok said, brandishing his pistol by way of welcome. ?Shoot more!?

?K-... K-?

?Kolot,? Axel supplied. Janson couldn?t seem to snap out of it, and Axel wondered what had gotten into the man. ?He?s on our side, too.?

?Good!? Janson murmured distractedly, as he reluctantly looked away from the Ewok he was sharing the cover of the table with, ?Wouldn?t want to be shooting at the Lieutenant.?