main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***LCC X BEGINS***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    Whaaaat the hell is that... Now I'm a little worried. Can't wait to see it.

2. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    Oh my is that a like 1 v Everyone?

3. Ricky_Calrissian

Nov 17, 2008
    Judging from the costumes it looks like a 1v1 with people watching.

4. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    I really wish I could've gotten an entry done.

5. Ricky_Calrissian

Nov 17, 2008
    CUE BEYOND LCC X INFOMERCIAL!

With the new era of LCC, we hope to connect people with others in their area to bring about new friendships and great entries through a more organized spot of communication for the competition.

6. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003

Not mutually exclusive.

This is only my team's second time participating as producers in LCC, my first being for IX, Inversions:

. though I was a regular around here back when I was first learning video and RvD and broken allegiance where the big hits. I'm not sure if the people I work with will be game to do another entry with the exact same format and rules. We'll see, but I thought I would offer that as temperature information on this. Long standing short competitions usually introduce things that are both constraining and allow for diversity, both in a year to year sense, and within the competition, i.e. 48 hour film festivals that include requirements for lines, genre, and such- or sites like filmfights that emphasis high turn around, short run times, and universal elements.

7. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    I would love that, but it's already been established that nobody else on here lives near me...

8. ShaneFarley22

ShaneFarley22 Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2008
    where do you live?

9. Ricky_Calrissian

Nov 17, 2008
    Oh! That's you?! I recently rewatched that duel a bunch of times, and aside from TDKR your sith's costume was the inspiration behind mine in our entry this year. We're wearing the same brand of mask as well, just different colors. We're like... MEMBERS OF THE LEAGUE OF SITH.

ShaneFarley22 likes this.
  10. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    His profile says San Antonio, TX

ShaneFarley22 likes this.
  11. Ricky_Calrissian

Nov 17, 2008
    There's people, they just aren't on these forums. Which is exactly where we are hoping to evolve LCC from.

12. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Which is why I specified "on here". Obviously there's people, San Antonio is a major U.S. city.

13. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Well, it is Texas. You do have to go farther to get to places.

Though, next LCC I do think we should get ambitious. Advertise it, maybe figure out street teams, things like that. I'm amazed it's lasted even ten years, but even so, it may be time to step it up.

14. Sith-Man

Oct 19, 2004
    Don't have to go to far. lol

But yeah, Advertisement would be cool. I kind of advertised on my site, but nothing to noticeable. Just mentioned it.

15. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    Yeah if we want to make it to LCC 20 we'll definitely need to step it up. Expand from these tiny boards. I think it'll help to have more attractive prizes.

16. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    And judges.

17. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Well if you posted pics once in a while...

Sponsors would be nice, but I wouldn't know how to go about obtaining them. It'd probably have to get more attention to work as advertisement for them.
    I also thought about a small entrance fee and winner keeps all or the fees are used to pay for the prize.

18. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    I live in North Texas (west-south of Fort Worth), but that's kinda far and I usually don't have much money for travel. Maybe some year...

19. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    The best way is for everyone involved to remind everyone on Facebook every couple of days. [face_plain]

I could see LCC continually growing, though I'd get all hipster and worry that it'd lose some of the community spirit and that [:-B] it was better before it was cool [/:-B]. And I mean that - it wouldn't feel the same if there were a hundred entries that judges went through to show a dozen to the public, or public voting on a hundred that invariably is a popularity contest - everyone would watch RvD3* because of name recognition, nobody would watch all 100.

*Not to pick on you guys, you're just kinda the biggest name in 'sabers right now.

20. Ricky_Calrissian

Nov 17, 2008
    Well, let's assume we did have big prizes and everything, and we had LCC spread all around so people knew about it. I'd imagine they would take it more seriously, and we'd get better entries. Right now there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of serious people vying for the top spot, it's more of just a friendly competition or "we made this one weekend". If we can raise the stakes: people will get inventive.

21. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Mmmmm yes and no. You'd still get a lot of quick entries as well, but the number of really solid entries, even if it stays the same as a ratio, would go up.

22. ShaneFarley22

ShaneFarley22 Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2008
    hey i'm all for the growth of the community and helping to shepherd a new era! I mean of course theres going to be more stinkers then solid entries, but we all had stinkers for entries when we started-I know Eric and I have. I KNOW Aaron Elliott did lol. I just love this sport and I want to see it grow and I want to share it with everyone and help everyone get better and let them see what we do[:D] I saw bring it on

23. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Stinkers or not, it's about fun and fans being able to do something creative with their fandom. We maintain the friendly, good-natured spirit of the contest and light a fire under the marketing side and I think it'll really catch on.

Besides, if they're not doing this, they might start writing Fan-Fiction. And we can't have that.

24. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    ooooooooh

25. MechaTech84

MechaTech84 Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2012
    I think you guys should set up a place LCC fans like myself can go to donate money. Preferably with PayPal. And if there is already such a place, I recommend making it more obvious. There should definitely be a link on the website. (lcc.phispace.net), and it wouldn't hurt to have a link to these forums as well.

As a longtime fan of LCC, I want to see you guys grow almost as much as you do. I make a point to watch all the entries, you guys have done some amazing work! Keep it up!