main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters LED sequence lightsaber (hyperdyne, MR, jmumby)

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Arlaman, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
  2. Secc

Secc Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2006
    Hey, I had an idea today in school, see what you guys think:

With sequential LED sabers if alot of force is applied to them the LED connections/LED's break so that means no dueling.
    So, in school they have this expandible liquid gelatine. You mix it up and pour in to whatever mould you are using and let it dry.
    When it is dry its perfectly clear and sets like rubber. I was thinking, put the LED's inside, pour this stuff in and then it would be strong enough to duel as the gelatine would keep the LED's together.
    Problem is it'd be heavier than usual but what u guys think?

3. LAN-ED-TUL

LAN-ED-TUL Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    imo, any electrics in any blade, be it a 1 inch wall poly c or whatever, will still end up being nothing more than a MR FX saber, but brighter, i guess, and work just like one, and it wont matter if you remove the blade, cuz leds in the blade means busted connections no matter what you do.

they might take a bit more punishment than a stock MR will, but i guarantee you can knock out either leds or break connections if you get ta duelin hard.

thats just my take on it, and i know it wont be popular with the hardcore led in blade guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.