main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Left the light on

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I should apologize for staying off the boards for a while. I've been incredibly busy with moving getting a new job and getting married. Plus, I've felt kind of burned about alot of stuff but things are slowing down. We'd like to keep having some get togethers in the future, like the DVD release, and kind of keep things going in name. I like to call it leaving the light on. I know there is not many people around but it doesn't mean we can't have fun. Feel free to chime in and let me know how you feel. Melisa will post something about a party later today.

2. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    It's funny you bring this up, 'cuz I just watched "Wan-Abi" for the first time in a very long time. It kinda made me sad. We were so much more innocent and naive back then... (SNORT, SOB, BLOWS NOSE.) Then I ran into Ryan at the comic book store. It was kinda fun to just hang out. Ah, nostalgia. (MORE WHINES, WHIMPERS, and then POP! A snot bubble EXPLODES.)

Seriously though, I do think that there are still good times to be had. However, after the past year-and-a-half I really not sure how much time I want to devote to this. I've changed a lot in the past couple of months (although you probably can't tell) and I feel like my life is headed in another direction.

On top of that, I've learned that just because you have common interests with somebody else, it doesn't mean you should hang out with them. The whole Star Wars phenomenon attracts all sorts of people, most of whom I have trouble getting along with.It's nobody's fault, but such conflicts of personality can have explosive consequences. We all know how that goes.

I'm not gonna stop hanging out with Erik and Melisa (unless they tell me to) so if someone else is around I guess I'll see you there. But as far as being to heavily invovled in a "Fan organization"... I guess I'd need to really think about that.

3. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    You are always welcome Adam!

As far as having an organization that is heavily involving, I don't know that we see that either. We really just talked about keeping it open for those who want it as an outlet, while remaining low key, at least for now. I guess we can see where it goes, and if nothing else have get togethers periodically with others that have common interests.

4. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Yeah, i'm not thinking of it as anything too involved, or something that requires a big timecommitment. really i'm thinking of things not a whole lot different than just hanging out.

5. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    That might not be too bad...

6. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    I'm all for hanging out, and in fact I still do. It was you guys that stopped coming over and watching Battlestar, so what happened?

7. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    Erin, I think if you dig deep you will understand why.

You know full well why I don't choose to hang out with you, but my husband and Adam have their own reasons. And contrary to popular belief they are both smart enough to make their own choices.

8. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    I can't speak for anybody else, but I stopped coming to Galactica night because I stopped caring about Galactica. It just became unimportant to me. As for the hanging out stuff, that's personal and I don't care to get into it on the board.

9. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Melisa,

I really wish you could just drop things. And by the way, thanks for the nice long e-mail you sent. I am glad that you finally said it out in the open that you don't come over because of me. I am very sure that your Heavenly Father isn't very happy with you right now, since you have become so judgemental. You took about as much time to get to know me as I did you.

Adam, I would still like to understand what went wrong??? It wasn't very nice how you blew me off, I think I deserve and explaination. What ever happened to our talk we were going to have??

Since I am so unwanted by the 3 people that seem to post on here anymore, this will be the last time you hear from me.

Thank you Adam and Erik for the friendship we did have, I did cherish it.

10. spiralpadawan

Feb 1, 2005
    Erin, by bringing this back here instead of keeping it private where I took it, you have proven every point I made in my PM to you.

As for being judgemental, I think you better go back and read that email again, judgemental it was not, open, honest and heartfelt would be a much better discription, but I should have known better. I will thank you to leave my relationship with my Lord out of any further conversations that you bring to this board, as I said you have easily illustrated the points I was trying to keep privately to you in the PM I sent.

As far as it finally being in the open about me not wanting to be around you, well that's not been any deep dark secret my dear. I believe I made that clear the night we got it out in the open at Laura's house, I just felt like I should explain to you why. I did, I have said my peace, and I really don't wish to discuss my issues with you on these boards further. If you have something specific to say to me, well you know our phone number and you can also always PM me back. This is not the forum to take care of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.