main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    There are plenty of non-Force users in Star Wars that can kick the average Force-user to the curb.

thesevegetables likes this.
  2. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    And I generally find it absurd. I mean sure ambush, long range, etc. Problem involves a Bounty hunters holding off masters in close range in melee.

3. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    We never did get clear numbers on how many Jedi or IK there were. Although you definitely did get the feeling that there were a lot more Jedi.

Besides that nice cover and yeah 3 different IK already. Although I am a fan of more diversity so I got no problem.

4. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I find it completely believable. Jedi and Sith have a system in place for dealing with opponents with blasters, and most are incredibly arrogant in its effectiveness; every system has its cracks. KOTOR II has some great examples on how a non-Force user might kill a Jedi or Sith. The Force allows one to predict where blasts or strikes will come from, but it's not even close to psychic ability. If you're an extremely quick shot, or have an array of gadgets a Force-user is not used to dealing with, the Force-user is going to have some trouble.

I dislike it when the Force is presented as infallible. We know that strong minds can resist Force persuasion, after all. Granted, I do think there should be limits. I never want to see the average smuggler or bounty hunter take down Palpatine, Vader or someone similar. There is a certain level where it's going to be impossible. Still, I doubt any of the Sith sent after Ania will be on that level.

thesevegetables likes this.
  5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    They *really* need to give TCW era Anakin a cape. Dammit, capes are so badass. LOOK AT THAT THING. If it were still socially acceptable to wear capes, I'd be way more social than I am.

thesevegetables, RC-1991 and Zorrixor like this.
  6. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Let's give Dooku back his cape first. Then we'll talk.

Didn't they something about cloaks and capes being hard to animate, which is why the Jedi so rarely wear them? Regardless, Dooku looks incomplete (though I feel his TCW model in general looks ridiculous).

7. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Well yeah I mean the best move with the blasters is probably to just knock it out of their hand by melee though I am referring more to trading sword strikes.

Not the Sith. The IKs though well that might be a different matter.

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I am pleased to learn I am not alone in my desire for capes to come back into fashion. :p

TheRedBlade and Ulicus like this.
  9. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Yeah, sword fights are another thing. Considering Jedi train their entire lives with the lightsaber, and in addition have augmented speed and pseudo-psychic abilities... you're going to have to be ridiculously good to even beat an average one.

I suppose I'm the only one that feels capes, cloaks, and hats of all kind look ridiculous on anyone who's not a villain? :p

High fashion in general makes me laugh.

10. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Whut. Dooku no longer has a cape? (I've seen no TCW since early S4). THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Yeah, well, uh... it's still outrageous!

Also: sword canes. How can we be proper gentlemen without a sword cane?

Zorrixor and instantdeath like this.
  11. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    They did indeed. Dooku simply doesn't look right; it looks like he's walking around in his pajamas. Add his ridiculously proportioned nose to the equation, and Dooku just looks like a cranky old man.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The resemblance should not be there.

12. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Is it wrong to admit I very, very nearly bought a sword cane when I was younger? :p

Some of the older clubs at school had canes for the person in charge... mine didn't, so I was thinking of buying one for that purpose, and thought it'd be an amusing thing to pass down if the school never realised it also had a sword inside it. :p

Alas, my sense got the better of me and I ultimately decided against doing it.

Ulicus likes this.
  13. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I just noticed that the solicitation for #3 mentioned "blockaded". [face_thinking]

Hmm, it will be interesting to see who's fleet is doing the blockading and what sorts of vessels comprise it. I am still not convinced that the Galactic Federation Triumvirate is a formal, unified government. I have a hunch it is more of a provisional, UN like structure that is trying to sort out post-war borders for the main powers (GA Remnant, Fel Empire) as well as the secondary powers like the Hutts, Chiss, Hapans, and other independent groups.

I would provide for a VERY interesting galaxy and one full of potential storylines. [face_idea]

--Adm. Nick

14. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005

... Tom?!

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    They never outright said he died, so I always thought that Bail was still living and had an unusual fate... like being a brainwashed servant of the Sith.

16. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Sadly you've lost me now Ulicus :p

17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Personally, I'd prefer they break with that structure and take advantage of the ongoing element to mix up the arc lengths. I can understand a 5-6 part establishing arc but after that, play around a bit, surprise people.

18. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    On the Imperial Knights I would imagine the Triumvirate would likely find them more useful for enforcing their will and doing dangerous missions than the Jedi. The Imperial Knights are already sworn to obey the Empress, no chance they'll decline a mission because they feel the need to meditate on it. They seem to have a better respect for chain of command than Jedi do and follow orders to the letter for the most part. With the Jedi there are too many variables on how a Jedi Knight would 'interpret' a mission and I can see Stazi especially wanting missions to go according to plan and not on whatever whims of the Force a Jedi may have and Sia would prefer Imperial Knights as well. And the Jedi themselves likely don't want to go back to doing the governments bidding all the time.

19. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Ah, well, the chances were pretty slim. Would have been hilarious, though.

Zorrixor likes this.
  20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I think that Twi'lek Jedi (who was on Mon Calamari) and Tobias Sun are still around as well.

21. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I am nevertheless amused to learn that the desire to bring capes and sword canes back into fashion wasn't unique to my group of friends, so there remains hope that there will yet be a cape revolution!

Ulicus likes this.
  22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    [​IMG]

Sinde Jr. Maybe.

23. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well, yes and no. Your point about the Imperial Knights being less likely to question a mission is well taken. However, the Jedi Order accounts for 1/3 of the Triumvirate. As they did during the post-Pius Dea period and during the dark days of the New Sith Wars, the Jedi Order is actively involved in galactic politics. It will be interesting to see if the Jedi Order serve more of a "mediator" function between the Fel Empire and the Galactic Alliance Remnant or if they have their own positions of how to best government the post-war galaxy. It might only happen ever few thousand years, but the Jedi have been shown to be capable and effective administrators in the absence of a strong Senate or Supreme Chancellor.

This is why the political side of this new Legacy intrigues me so much. The possibilities are endless!

--Adm. Nick

24. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    True. Though I wonder if they've considered the ramifications of having Jedi now having such power right after overthrowing a Sith Empire. For many commoners all that will change now is the color of lightsaber of their new overlords. And I can't imagine sitting out nearly all the war against Krayt has done much for their image. While Stazi and Fel fought tooth and nail for years against Krayt the Jedi only joined up at the last minute, and yet they are treated like equals and given a place on the Triumvirate. I can see a lot of bad blood people might have against the Order, they would be wise to tread very carefully.

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I honestly don't understand how there can be a "Triumvirate Federation" galactic government, where the third power in it is the Jedi.

The number of Jedi in the galaxy is far less than 1 million. They don't control any territory. Yet they have equal say as the Fel Empire and the Galactic Alliance?

I also have to say that I think the Jedi should remain independent and neutral from any galactic government. If you want Jedi who serve, and even rule, a galactic government, that's what the Fel Empire and the Imperial Knights are for.

But even putting aside what I'd like to see, it just does't make any sense for the Jedi to have that big of a say in the new government.

AusStig and GenAntilles like this.