main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Lego Lovers Enter Here

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    So what would happen to LEGOland if the Gnomes went on strike? Do the Gnomes have a union? Do they have magic powers?
    Could I get a gnome to dust my LEGO sets? Man those things are a pain to keep clean! Must find a gnome, must find gnome

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    My swoop sorta looks like that, although I would've loved to have it look like that. But, as I said, I was going on minimal parts!

And, Birr, It is okay to have spare pieces, as they were intended for custom variants(look on the back of the box).

3. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    If they went on strike, it would definitely be a gnomish disaster. The trees would grow taller than 5 inches, and the aphids would run rampant!

Birr...that's about as long as we've been to class...but we're in the club thingie, too, so I think we're obligated to finish up someday. Oh well. Too bad the only way LEGOs can help you kick butt is if you make a LEGO crowbar to hit people with. :D

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I should really take a picture of my Swoop. It's way cool.

I'm probably gonna get some more legos via Bricklink, for customizing, and to modify my swoop.

5. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Kev...Do it! I wanna see!

I'm currently re-doing my TIE fighter hanging formation and trying to make it into a mobile-type thing. I'll get pics if I can get it to hold together right.

6. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    TK-4752: That would be cool! More pics! More pics!

*Whispers* PSSST! Has that Gnome gone down yet?

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    The pictures are kinda fuzzy, due to a crappy digital camera, but here they are.

[image=http://blananar.www4.dotnetplayground.com/picture%20001.jpg]

[image=http://blananar.www4.dotnetplayground.com/picture%20002.jpg]

[image=http://blananar.www4.dotnetplayground.com/picture%20003.jpg]

That shows also Kev-Mas Colcha riding it!

8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Update: I made a custom mini Pod-Racer last night!!! It is SO COOL!!!! I'll post pics later.

9. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    HOOODLY HOOO!!!!!!!

YAAYYYYYY!!!!

I got it, I got it, I got it, I got it!!!

Ordered my Lego AT-AT today!!! :D

[face_love] My PRECIOUSSSSSS!

EDIT= Snuck it an order of keychains: Darth Vader, Luke, and Maul. :D

EDIT v. 2.0= Bidding on Lego Millenium Falcon...wish me luck guys!

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Right now I'm working on a speeder. It's gonna own!! Anyways, how do you guys like my Swoop?

11. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    It's pretty good. I like the red alot, but then I am a freak for red. Your version is pretty good!

I like everything about it except (and don't take this personally) the front fins. The seem too large or something...I'm not sure what, but I do like your swoop on the whole.

Good job Kev-Mas!

12. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    The larger fins are for better manuverability and aerodynamics. It also stabilizes the light laser cannons hidden in the bar that holds the fins. :D

Also, those laser cannons are starfighter scale. :D

I couldn't find smaller fins, but I'll get them once I modify it with even many darker red wedges, including the engine like wedge for the back. I'm getting the parts from http://www.bricklink.com . I'm sure all of you know what that site is. ;)

13. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    WOOO HOOOO!!!! Today I won my eBay bids for the Mini TIE Fighter AND...

Dun-dudda-DUN!

THE MILLENIUM FALCON!

HOOOO HOOOOO! It's been a GREAT day for Legos...

I'll be getting my AT-AT, the Falcon,my Vader, Maul and Luke keychains, my Mini TIE Fighter, and a Lego poster!

YIPEEEEE!

It's good having a birthday as an excuse to get all this! :D

14. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Kev...NICE Swoop bike. I needs to make me one when I make a custom Sandtrooper minifig of myself. :D

15. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Wenchy -- you've gone mad! That's too many LEGOs all at once! The AT-AT's 5 hours of build time, and the Falcon's 3 or 4! You'll go insane! It's like handing an unsolvable geometric shape to the Borg Collective!

Not to mention...where will you put all this?

Oh, and happy birthday. :)

The gnomes will get you! They will! They WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

16. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I did some minor modifications to my swoop just now, I'll have to take a few pics, I made the landing skids function better. :D

17. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    TK-4752: You underestimate the POWER of the Wench. Untill you've built the Star Destroyer, you can never know it. The AT-AT and the Falcon don't even compare in building time.

[face_devil]

18. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    I MUST HAVE THE STAR DESTROYER!!!

Even now my evil mind plots and schemes on ways to obtain the Holiest of Holiest of the Holy Grails of LEGOdom!!!

It will be mine...OH YES...it WILL be mine.

19. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Maybe you should wait and see if they are actually going to make the UCS Falcon first? Unless you'll want both. Then, uh, nevermind

EDIT: This has nothing to do with SW LEGO, but my store has a preview of the RAHKSHI. We have the brown one, and maybe a few black ones left. If anyone is interested in the Bionicle line, and wants to be the first on thier block to have one.

20. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Naw. Unfortunately, I never got into Bionicle. It was a nice concept, and the Bohrak thingies were kinda cool (I have the white one), but...I dunno...Bionicle just never appealed to me.

Besides, if I bought all kinds of Bionicle sets, I wouldn't be able to afford an AT-AT. ;)

21. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    crazybirdman Of course I want both Falcons! :D

I never got into Bionicle or Technic either. Technic a little more than Bionicle, but not much.

22. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_devil]

My AT-AT is in CT, but it will reach AZ by the 6th!!! YIPPPEEEEEE!

23. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    COOOL!

I just got back from another Kay-Bee raid. 6 more Droid Fighters, and 3 more Final Duel II sets. Not even $20 after tax...MWA HA HA! My Droid Fighters and FDII sets from the previous time are still in the box, too. I really have NO idea what I'm going to do with them yet.

And here's the parts inventory from the 7130 Snowspeeder set - http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=7130-1. I've tracked down and ordered 90% of the parts for a couple Snowspeeders. Now I'm just left hunting for a few obscure parts like oddly shaped slopes and oddly colored plates. I can get 'em all, but most of the vendors at Bricklink have a minimum order, and when they really only have 2 parts you need, and they only total 8 cents, it's kinda annoying. Oh well...must keep trudging thru parts lists...

What I MIGHT do is change a couple of the oddly-colored parts for a more "normal" color, and have my own particular squad color...cuz tracking down orange pieces is about as hard as shooting LEGO wamprats at 200 yards with a BB gun.

:D

24. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Good luck there TK04752! [face_laugh]

SO I just tracked my Lego AT-AT through the UPS website and it's in town running around on a UPS truck somewhere!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!

25. wardenx

wardenx Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    DUN-DUN, DUN-DUN, DUN-DUN (the drumbeat goes on and on as the Dark Queen waits anxiously for her newest acquisition).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.