main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Let's meet at the Meeting Planning Thread to discuss!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    I'd say good to anything but BC on a Friday. although the guys will probably dig it because of the bellydancers. Fridays are always crowded, and the food taste has nosedived since the original chef moved to a new place in Monrovia, and again, I'm just sayin': BC hummus = wallpaper paste now.

2. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I think the Great Greek has audience participation greek folk dancing on Friday nights.

3. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Wow, I havent been to the Great Greek in over 10 years.

4. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    After speaking to Sol Jedi, GForce, Mary and 3/4 sisters, Friday night at the Great Greak or Papa Christos is do-able every week except 5/16. As far as I know, June Fridays are pretty open as well. Who is interested? Any feedback as to which restaurant and which Friday? Anyone who wants to come with and can't make it on Friday?

5. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I can make it any Friday, most likely.

6. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I don't think I can make it this friday, but next friday is payday, which is always a good time to go to dinner. I have finals to study for and I'm going to the Dodger game on Sunday after noon.

7. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Which Sunday? 5/23 or 5/30?

By the way, Cairo Carnival is at the Santa Anita Racetrack 6/7 & 6/8. I think I'm going with my sister on 6/8. Here's the link

http://www.mecda.org/carnivale.php

Can I just say, guys, if you like Princess Leias in a slave bikinis, you'll really like the Cairo Carnival.

8. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    those aren't Sundays

9. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Thanks, CBM. My question was referring to SJ's posts about his studying & Dodger game(which is a Sunday).

So, let me clarify this and rephrase my question, SJ. The Sunday after the 5/23 or 5/30?

10. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm going this Sunday the 25th. Are you going by any chance?

11. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Never mind. I can't make if it's on the 30th. My prom is that day.

But any other Friday is good.

12. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    SJ, hope you enjoyed the game.
    MZ, hope you have a great time at the prom.

May's almost done. Let's make this for June, then. I'd prefer a Friday or Saturday night dinner. (I've started going to Greek Folk Dancing class on Friday nights, but would skip a class to have dinner with all of you.)

I really hope we don't let this drop.

13. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm go for Greek dinner. Anyone else?

14. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I'd go for a Greek dinner. How about the first Saturday in June? That would be nine days from now.

15. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Well, that would be doable for me, but I think June 21 is the best day for me. I can't make it June 14, almost for sure. And June 28 is Disneyland Star Wars Day. That's one reason I was thinking of a Friday evening. (I'm just saying. I'll go along with what the rest of you want to do, as long as it isn't 6/8, 6/14 or 6/28.)

Any preference about which restaurant?

16. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm good for the 21st

17. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    VK the 21st also sounds good to us, both places look good I have been perusing the menu's, I would personally only pick Papa Christo's because I know it is closer for both of us but will got with the group desicion.

18. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    The 21st sounds possible. I'll be out of school then, so it shouldn't be a problem.

19. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    So, it seems the 21st seems to be the best day so far. Any objections? Let's decide which restaurant. The Great Greek is farther away from GForce & me, but closer to Mr. Zap. It's not really that far away from me either. It's a little more upscale & there's audience participation dancing. I can contact both, GF & SJ, and see what the beverage situation is.

If we all agree on the particulars, I guess we don't have to set up a poll, but, I'd like to get it on the marquee if possible. We will also have to make reservations at either place. So, we'll need to set up an RSVP thread.

20. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm cool with either restaurant. As long as I can order adult beverages, I'm good.

21. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Me too and I wouldn't be impartial to a couple of Ouzo's either, just don't forget the Ice Cube.:cool:

22. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    The Great Greek sounds fine to me. In fact, there's a good chance my whole family might be able to go. I'm part Greek, you know.:p

23. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    The Great Greek has a full bar and Papa Christo's serves beer, wine, coffee, tea and soft drinks only.

So, I'd like to propose "The Great Greek" at about 6PM June 21. Does that sound good/no good? We need to RSVP so we can make a reservation, because the place does, as I remember, get kind of crowded on weekends.

24. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Sounds good to me. Make the thread and I'll RSVP

25. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    OMG this is unbelievable. The 21st is the IMATS professional makeup artist show in Pasadena, and then I have tickets for Cinematic Titanic at the Ford Amphitheater that night (the MST3K crew skewering another odious film...).

I'm just, uh, not going to worry about going to meetings anymore...really. Have fun you guys.

Mary-SPJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.