main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Let's set up a meeting!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Feb 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oola_Twilek

Oola_Twilek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2000
    Most people want to go and see crouching tiger hidden dragon if it is still showing. I figured the same about Eat n Park, that would probably be the best bet.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    i agree, is anyone is coming under the age of 18, they should definately bring someone with them that is older. I think we should eat after the movie so we have something to talk about to spark conversation.

3. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    if anyone needs a ride I probably could give'em one. I could only fit two people, my cars back seat is almost nonexistant.

4. Oola_Twilek

Nov 25, 2000
    Feel free to email me if anyone needs directions! I let MysterySith know, so it should be up on the main page soon.
    So its offical. Feb 25th at 3pm, Lowes Theather in Homestead, Dinner at Eat n Park after. The time may change a little according to when the movie starts. But, I hope all of you can come.

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    If this is our first offical meeting, and the Comics convention is the second, how about a trip to the Carnegie Science Center for the third?
    The Carnegie Science Center is a very very fun place to go play. For those that don't know where it is, its next to where Three Rivers Stadium used to be.

6. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I understand the Science Center is being renovated and it will be even nicer.

7. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    I'm not sure any of you would notice, but if I'm able to go to the movie, I won't be able to go to dinner after.

8. Oola_Twilek

Nov 25, 2000
    The science center sounds fun. I havent been there since elementary school.

:( why not liz? Well hopefully you'll able to at least go to the movies with us.

9. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    well, it's the sunday b4 my school production so I'm needed for night practice. also: I keep kosher.

a note on the science center: it can get boring really quickly.

10. Oola_Twilek

Nov 25, 2000
    True True about the science center...

11. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001

Liz, sorry if you won't be able to stay after the movie . . .

Science Center was just a suggestion [I don't get bored that easily with it, but it has been noted by others that I'm a bit weird %) ]

The comicon is not until April. It might be nice if we could figure out a way to meet about once a month (ie in March) . . . once a month seems like a good amount of time if we are planning on being an offical fan site (?proper term?) . . . As for Liz's restriction on keeping kosher, there's got to be a reasonablely priced kosher resteraunt in Squirrel Hill (or elsewhere in Pgh) that we could meet at in the future.

12. Tempesta

Tempesta Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2001
    Ok, I just got back from my connection down at Lowes at Waterfront, he says that he can get us NO discounts on weekends, let alone a Sunday, thats their busiest day of the week. Also, drinks are on me, since I have something that can get them for free. Sorry, I could do better if it where on a weekday, but I have to get a hold of my connection down there first.

Thanks,

Tempesta

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I have an early idea for our next meeting. Jeff Cioletti the maker of the Star Wars documentary Millennium?s End: The Fandom Menace is sending me a copy to show at one of our meetings.

"This film presents a balanced view of fans showing them as real people who have lives and a passion for Star Wars." "Jeff channeled his own obsession for Star Wars into an ambitious documentary that spans two years in the lives of fans from the debut of the Star Wars Special Editions in 1997 to the frenzy surrounding the premiere of Episode I in 1999." - filmthreat.com

We could get together and watch that.

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Sounds like a great idea. When and Where?

15. Oola_Twilek

Nov 25, 2000
    Everything sounds great!! We can talk about the other things we want to do even more when we meet! This is getting exciting!!!

So, who is coming to the movies?? Just so we have a general idea of the number.

I think that we should meet In that big lobby at Lowes, the one where they show the movie previews and have some videogames. And wear like a Star Wars T-shirt or something so we know each other.

Email me if you need directions (and, greencat336  email me with your email address so I can add it to my fanforce list, please.) I am going to send out another group email to remind everybody and so that maybe some people who dont post to often can come as well.

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001

In your e-mail, you might also want to remind the under 18 yrs to bring a parent/guardian. That might encourage some to come that would otherwise not, because of safety issues. . . Sorry if I seem to be repeating myself, its just I know I'd skin my nephews or niece if they just went out with people they had only meet on line.

As of right now, I'm planning on attending. :)

17. Oola_Twilek

Nov 25, 2000
    I did, I am sorry greencat, but I didnt send you the email. I sent it out before I got your address. But there was nothing in it that you didnt already know. It mostly said all the stuff that we have been saying here. And to let the people who havent posted in a while know.

I excited about sunday, and cant wait to meet everyone!

18. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Too bad I live so far away, I would love to join you guys. This will be the first meeting of a fanforce since I have been Regional Admin. I am very happy you guys are getting together and cannot wait to hear how it went.

Keep up the great work. I cannot wait for you to be an "Official" Fanforce.

19. Darth_Gohan

Darth_Gohan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    hey guys sorry i havent been on but i will definitly be there on sunday!

20. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I moved the Main Page announcement to the top as a reminder.

Have a great time.

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    here's a cool thing. The wicked-cool people over at jedinet.com put up a plug for our meeting tomorrow, so we hopefully can start seeing some new faces show up here.
    the plug is here http://jedinet.com/miscellaneous/

22. Oola_Twilek

Nov 25, 2000
    thats great!! I hope we do get more people!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.