main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's start the ball rolling already

Discussion in 'Archive: San Jose, CA' started by Koohii, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    OK, when I first started trying to put together a San Jose branch of FanForce about 2 years ago, my main interest was getting a new RPG group together. I figured I'd do whatever else might be necessary to help out with other activities, and have some fun with it.

Well, as so often happens, things fell apart.

But, it seems there are more than enough people arround to get things together now, and start actually having an official branch.
    Unfortunately, I have a girlfriend (now fiance'), so I don't actually have a lot of time between her and my duties at the dojo.

So, I cast the gauntlet down to the rest of you: Someone take up the challence, fill the leadership vacuum, and get this club organized. 3 people make a meeting. 3 meetings make a club. A little spirit can make a lot of fun!

I volunteer to help with any graphics needs, and wherever else I can, whenever my responsibilities allow.

2. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    Well, if no one else will, I guess I can step in for now at least. What about a group attendance of RotS for one last time. I guess it might be too early to try to get there this weekend but I am up for any day of the week. I can't get show times past Thursday but that seems to be true for everything not just RotS.

Anyone else up for it? It's still playing at the Century 24 in San Jose as well as a number of other places. Couldn't we have a quick meeting somewhere first and then head off to the movie? If it were still at the 22 I would suggest meeting at Flames coffee shop but since it isn't and I am not as familiar with the Century 24 does someone else have a suggestion?

It sure seems like we ought to have enough interest to get off the ground...

Should I propose this movie trip idea in a separate thread so it will catch more eyes?

KD

3. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    I've kind gotten the impression that this is a rather low-key area with quite a bit of cross-over with the Santa Cruz and SF ones.

Not that I'm against meeting up with people, it would be nice to hang out with fellow SW fans and make some new friends. It's just that my schedule rarely permits it [face_tired]

A new thread for the RotS screening might be a good idea, though Knight_Dilettante. Probably will catch more eyes that way. Is it still being played in digital?

4. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I don't think it is going to be a digital print :( since it is at the Century 24 now and not the 22. I haven't found the phone number for a real live person yet. I may just go over there later today and see if I can find out in person. If I make it down that way. Right now, I have enough of a cough and other cold symptoms that I may not make it out of the house.

I did kind of have the feeling this was a low key group. I kind of like low key. I'll try a new thread for the movie idea.

KD

5. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    It's low-key because it isn't fully established, & hasn't had any leadership. [face_whistling]
    (no offence intended)

Maybe if we actually had a club, with officers & everything, there would be more going on.
    :D [face_dancing] [face_frustrated] [face_idea]

6. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    I'm kinda low-key myself, so I don't really mind it. Although it would be nice if more local SJ fans posted so I could get to know some of you.

Maybe our proximity to the more active SF and Santa Cruz groups is working to our disadvantage o_O

7. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005

greetings low-key ones! visitor from the SFFF here... saw this thread about seeing the movie one last time as a group and thought it may be fun to see it with you guys! i kind of live in between, too (though moving to sf in a few mos.) but would be down to meet with you and see the movie, i am familiar with that cent22/24 theatre and actually hang out at santana row quite a bit.

would you be down to inviting the SFFF and SCFF to see who can come and help spread the word for you?

8. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    I think that would be much appreciated Callisto_DAerisian, thank you! Although at this rate it may just end up being SFFF and SCFF members showing up ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.