main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's talk ROTS collecting in the Raleigh area?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Axelay, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bearleft

Bearleft Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    There are virtually no #2 Anakins anymore. Weird. Who would have thought two months ago that one would be hard to find? And quick question here: I spotted a Dooku with a pink saber today. Have they always been pink or is this a variant?

I believe the TRU at Crabtree had the Deluxe Grievous yesterday. I think I saw at least one.

And finally, if anyone either hears of or spots a ROTS 12" Obi-Wan, please post it. I have a little space left in my Obi-Wan shelf. :)

2. Axelay

Axelay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Tell me about it! It seems like Anakin #2 used to outnumber every single other figure by 3:1. Something seems amiss about that. I have a pink Dooku saber, but that's the only one I currently have. The big fuss about #2 Anakin is that they ALL started out with a Vader lightsaber. However, since he doesn't use that at any time during the movie, it was corrected and replaced with Dooku's lightsaber. There are two variants of that one - a dark red saber, and a pink saber. The dark red is supposed to be the more rare of the two.

Sorry to say this, but Hasbro has not made a 12" ROTS Obi-Wan. With the current state of the 12" line, I think it's pretty safe to say that they won't... According to everything I've read, the 12" line was not a big seller and has fallen by the wayside with Hasbro. Damn shame, really, but I guess a lot of people didn't care much for the look of some of them.

3. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    The Unleashed series is pretty much going to take over the 12" figures (rebelscum Q&A). I have collected the Unleash series ever since they were brought out. I think they are some of the most detailed figures from Hasbro.

Axelay, when you went to the Walmart-Glenwood Ave., did you search the rack of figures that in the middle of the walk-through area in front of the Toy Aisles. The Anakin #2 (vader saber) that I saw were there. I did not see any of them on the Star Wars aisle, but they had several Anakin's on that rack that I am talking about.

4. Bearleft

Bearleft Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    Tell me about it! It seems like Anakin #2 used to outnumber every single other figure by 3:1.

Seriously. Usually I've found that the main characters don't sell as well as the minor characters. Of course that could just be that there are more made. But usually I can spot which ones are going to be pegwarmers (Gollum, anyone?), and I was sure Anakin and Obi-Wan were going to be there for a while. Not to the extent of Jar Jar for Ep I or the aforementioned Gollum, but still. Weird.

The big fuss about #2 Anakin is that they ALL started out with a Vader lightsaber. However, since he doesn't use that at any time during the movie, it was corrected and replaced with Dooku's lightsaber. There are two variants of that one - a dark red saber, and a pink saber. The dark red is supposed to be the more rare of the two.

I spotted an Anakin with a pink saber at Crabtree. And it was the only Anakin figure there period. But what's up with the pink saber anyway? Is there a reason they're doing that?

Sorry to say this, but Hasbro has not made a 12" ROTS Obi-Wan. With the current state of the 12" line, I think it's pretty safe to say that they won't...

Drat. I was afraid of that. I've got the TPM and AOTC 12 inchers on one of my figure shelves and I was hoping to complete the group. Oh well.

According to everything I've read, the 12" line was not a big seller and has fallen by the wayside with Hasbro. Damn shame, really, but I guess a lot of people didn't care much for the look of some of them.

AOTC's Obi-Wan was not exactly... accurate. I swear he looks more like Richard Chamberlain than Ewan McGregor. There are very few 12" figures left in stores I've seen but a lot of ROTS Unleashed figures. Again, that could be the production numbers. And the Unleashed ones are fantastic, much better, in my opinion that either the 3 3/4" or the 12".

Oh well, thanks for the info.

Judy (still hoping for a Qui-Gon Unleashed)

5. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Thanks to the tips, I did manage to find a Vader lightsaber Anakin this evening! Now I only need to find a red Dooku lightsaber Anakin, and I'll have all 3 variants.

According to reports on Rebelscum, the red Dooku lightsaber is no longer being produced because the cost of the plastic for the pink lightsaber was cheaper. Hasbro started making red Dooku lightsabers, and then switched gears to do pink only. So as it stands, the #2 Anakin with the pink Dooku lightsaber is the "official" one, and the other two are variants. (Which is curious since the #2 Anakin with the Vader lightsaber came out first, and is now extremely difficult to find.)

Y'know, now that I think about it, I don't know that I ever actually saw a 12" AOTC Obi-Wan.

Oh yeah, by the way, I got a tip this morning that #45-#50 were out over at the Wal-Mart in Cary. When I got there, all I could find were #46 Ask Aak and #47 Meena Tillis, and neither of which are must-haves for me. Hopefully it'll only be a matter of time before I can find a #49 Commander Bacara around here.

6. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Axelay,

Thanks for the heads up for the new figures hitting the Walmarts in the Triangle. I went out today an scouted the area. I still have not hit every area, but I was pleasantly surprised in the areas I did hit (Cary/Garner/Clayton/Knightdale). I was able to get figures #45-#47 at the Super Walmart-Clayton, and I saw #49 & #50 there but the boxes on all of them were torn all to pieces.

The figures were fine if you just plan to open them, but not if you wanted them in mint packaging. They did have 2 Bacara #49 if you are interested. The packaging is in pretty bad shape, but the figures are in good shape. You could possibly get them cheaper by talking to a manager about the shape there in if you are just getting them to open. They also had 1 Anakin #50 in the shape.

I went over to Target and they had the three new figures/cup in stock, but no new basic figures.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

7. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

If you are planning to go figure collecting this weekend, then I suggest you hit the Targets in your area. I was excited by what I found today in the Triangle - Wookie Flyer vehicle, Clone Trooper 3-pack (white, red, blue, & green versions), and figures #48-#50. Also, the new Force Battlers are out as well. I went all around the Triangle (Walmart, Target, & TRU) and Target was the only one that had new items out.

If you are looking for the figures #48-#50, then head over to the Target-Garner (Garner Town Square - NOT the one over where Best Buy is).

If you are looking for the Clone Trooper 3-packs, then the best place is Target-Triangle Town Center (there are NOT anymore green versions).

If you are looking for the Wookie Flyer vehicle,then the best place is Target-Triangle Town Center (there are about three more there).

If you are looking for the Force Battlers,then the best place is Target-Cary Crossroads.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

8. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Well I did something very unexpected this morning at about 2:30. I couldn't sleep, so I took a trip out to the Wal-Mart on Glenwood for some odds and ends and I wound up checking the pegs to see if any of the new figures were being stocked yet. I didn't see any of them there, but I did see a ton of shipping boxes in the middle of the aisles. I read the labels on all of them and found one which I was confident was a box of the newest wave. I found a stocker and asked him if it would be OK to open one of the boxes to check and see if there was a new item which I was looking for, and he came right over and cut into it. To my pleasant surprise, I found 2 #49 Commander Bacaras and 2 #50 Anakin Skywalkers. I asked him if it'd be OK to buy all 4 of them, and he didn't mind a bit. I shook his hand and thanked him graciously for his help.

I'd have never thought to do this until I saw a thread on Rebelscum with a picture of the shipping box and its label. I'd have most certainly not have opened the box myself without permission, either. It seems kinda underhanded to get something this way, but I only wanted 1 of each to open and 1 of each to keep. So far, that Wal-Mart has been really good to me, as I got my AT-TE Gunners, Clone Commanders, and now Commander Bacaras and Anakin Skywalkers there just as soon as they came out.

9. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    Saw some new things last night at the Target at North Hills. They had 2 of each of the figure + cup sets of Han Solo and Yoda. No Boba Fett, though. They also had the silly string blasters, and I thought I remember someone asking about those a while back.

10. Bearleft

Bearleft Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    Couple of new things out:

I don't know if anyone else here is collecting them, but I've seen the new Jedi Force figures in several Targets. The new ones are Mace and yet another Luke.

And at the Triangle Town Center Target, I spotted some of the new Unleashed figures. They had Asajj and Vader, but not the Palpatine/Yoda one. There was only one Vader and 2 Asajj.

Oh and they had quite a few of the Stass Allie figures if anyone else is looking for them.

Judy

11. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

I just went scouting around the Triangle to see if there was any new SW items out. The only thing that I saw was the M&M's Mpire figures (Walmart-Cary & Garner). They should be at all retail stores in the near future; but if you want them now, then those two Walmarts have them. They only have 4 sets, which are D. Vader & Stormtrooper, E. Palpatine & A. Skywalker, O. Kenobi & G. Grievous, and Chewbacca & M. Windu. These are very similiar to the Galatic Heros figures. There is another Mpire set, but I have not seen them yet.

Also, if anyone is looking for the blue clone trooper 3-pack, then Walmart-Garner had two on the shelf.

I was looking for the new Unleashed figures today and did not see any. Reports are coming in that Target should be the first ones to have them (Thanks Bearleft for the post about seeing them at the Target-Triangle Town Center). If anyone sees anymore new Unleashed on the shelves, please post.

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

12. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    What other mpire figures are coming out? I went by there tonight and got all 4. There aren't anymore printed on the package.

13. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    The second assortment of Mpire will have 4 sets, which will have P. Amidala & C3PO with R2D2, D. Maul & C. Dooku, H. Solo & B. Fett, and Leia & Luke. They are planning to have christmas ornaments with these figures in different poses. You can check them out at: http://starwars.kurtadler.com/

I will post when I see the second wave, but right now the first wave is the only one hitting the shelves in the Triangle.

14. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Check out the next wave of Unleashed figures that will be out this Fall at: http://www.rebelscum.com/

15. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Did anyone check out the toy show this past weekend? It was kind of hit and miss. There were some Star Wars items to be had, but the vendor count was way down. Must have been the holiday weekend. Still, as always, it was a good time and I had a friend get a nice deal on a couple of vintage figs.

I saw a few folks grabbing up flyers about the Tommy Lee Edwards signing and getting excited, Bodo! Looks like a good sign for a big turnout! :)

16. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Dal--Intrepid:

How is Greenville's SW collecting? Are there many places to find items. It has been a long time since I have been to Greenville.

I did not make the toy show, but I did poke my head in on Friday while they were setting up. I appreciate your input on the flyers; the event is going to be really fun! Are any of your members planning to come to it? If so, we all can get a bite to eat together after the event and talk about SW collecting, SW gaming, etc. in your area.

Bodo Janx

17. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Greenville collecting is OK. It's mainly the standard stuff - TRU, Walmart, Target, KB, Kmart. I check out yard sales occasionally and I like to hit auctions of unpaid storage units. Since I'm not a completist, I rarely have problems getting the stuff I want and I generally have no problem waiting to find something I want at retail, so I guess I'm lucky that way. I do trading online for some stuff, but for the most part I try to be selective.

I don't know if any of our guys are headed up for TLE's signing or not. I have a family function, so I know I won't be able to make it. I think one of my friends that I went to the toy show with is going though. Good luck with the event, I hope it goes well for you. Hopefully one day we can get together and work an event or just meet up to say hey.

18. Flecktone

Flecktone Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    When you go to the Brier Creek Target - they have moved the toy section - if you are standing looking at the building it is now directly back from the green entrance doors on the right - they have not moved signs around yet so it threw me off a little. Then again neither they nor North Hills Target has had anything new - plenty of 42-44 but nothing later.

19. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

I have been scouting the Triangle for the past few days, and have not seen any new SW items on the shelves. I know a few of you are looking for #45 - #50 basic figures and I have been keeping a look out for you. There is a website that I use to purchase some items other than SW items, but right now they have #45 - #47 figures in stock for $8.99 each.

The website is http://www.youbuynow.com/newitems.php

I have used them in the past, and I have been very pleased with the items I get from them. They usually have a coupon code each month (just check an online coupon sites for the latest coupon code).

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

20. Anakin_Solo06

Anakin_Solo06 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2004
    Ok for me I am looking forward to the new Unleashed figures that are coming out. But I really want the Vader cause I dont have him, but I don't see him around anywhere. Another thing, I think it is just me but I have been looking at the new line of Unleashed and this is why I ask ya'll but dont they kinda look familiar to the old line. Just next time you take a look at them, I want ya'll to go look at your old figures then....weird it is.

21. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    Hey all,

I'm about to leave town on vacation until August 3rd. If the second wave of MPire figures comes out next week, could someone pick me up a set? I could get you the money when I get back.

Thanks,

William

22. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    I will look out for you Will!

23. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Collectors:

Just wanted to update everyone that the Evolutions set (Anakin - Vader) is now available at the Walmart-Cary, and they had several on the bottom shelf. They also had one 500th Darth Vader in stock, which is probably sold by now (but there should be more on the way). There were no new basic figures or Unleashed.

I did go by the Targets-Garner and the Kmart-Garner and they did not have anything.

Please post if you have any finds!

Happy Hunting,
    Bodo Janx

24. civicsi99

civicsi99 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2005
    ttc target had 1 yoda vs sidious unleashed and a few more of the OTC cups and figures. target on capital has several jedi vs. sith battlepacks and the 500th vader in stock. no sign of #'s 51 and up though =(

25. Axelay

Apr 4, 2005
    I do so enjoy when new stuff starts hitting shelves. That having been said, I am very much in the hunt for Obi-Wan's blue Jedi Starfighter. Many people on Rebelscum have already picked them up, so I'm hoping it won't be too long before they make it here. I'm also looking around for the Shock Trooper variant, 501st Special Ops Trooper variant, black uniform Clone Pilot variant, and Commander Gree variant. If y'all spot them anywhere, please let me know! I'll report ASAP if I come across any of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.