main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [Leverage] "We're Going With A Much Bigger Scam" -- Writing Challenge: The Saturday Job

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by karebear214, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    So, Leverage - I'm going to go on record and say it was the only new show on in 2009 that I thought was worth watching, and I know I'm not the only fan. There's so much to talk about with this gem of a show about a team of modern day Robin Hoods, I almost don't know where to start. I suppose I'll throw out this question, but feel free add any other insight you want in addition to answering it. And remember, new episodes this summer!

What was your favorite "job" so far?

Personally, I really liked The Stork Job, since as the season evolved I grew to be more and more of a Parker fan, and it was good to see her softer side, such as it were. And the first hints of Parker/Hardison... squee! I also like The Homecoming Job, as the source of the quote found in my signature.

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Leverage is brilliant! I'll have to think about which is/are my fave(s), but this was the first TV show that's caught my interest in a couple of years.

(And I'm totally with you about Hardison/Parker. [face_love] )

3. bkwrm752003

bkwrm752003 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 26, 2006
    When I first saw the commercials for Leverage before it aired, I wasn't really interested but I walked into the room when my dad was watching and I was hooked.

My favorite episode is a tie between "The Bank Job" and "The Mile High Job."

I love me some Hardison [face_love] but the couple I'm really rooting for is Nate/Sophie.

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Sweet! Great idea, karebear! I love Leverage. Now I just need to get you a some others into LOST. :p

I don't recall the title, but the 2 part season finale is my favorite so. That's tought to say because I like them all. The weakest, IMHO, was the 'jury #6 job' or something like that. It just never clicked with me.

My favorite characters are Hardison and Elliot. Hardison is awesome as the comedy relief and Elliot compliments him well, but add great action.

The action in the series is fantastic; from explosions and chases to the extremely well done hand to hand combat scenes.

I can't wait til June!

Give me a writing challenge. I'll try anything! [face_hypnotized]

5. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002

I was into LOST for awhile, but I stopped watching somewhere in the middle of Season 3. I even wrote a couple of fics about it.

6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Hi karebear. I really recommend that you revisit the series. I had a love/hate relationship through the first three seasons, but season 4 renewed my confidence and season 5 is knocking my socks off. It's that good.

I'd love to read your LOST fics. Can you link me?

7. karebear214

Sep 7, 2002
    Challenge: The Saturday Job

Alright, so we've seen this challenge in all manner of fandoms, but I still think it's a good way to explore characters in a way we rarely or never see on screen. The free-time challenge. Leverage has given us hints (watching sports, playing WoW, etc.), but write us a fic showing what one or more of the Leverage team does on a day when they're not being a good guy, or a bad guy. No stealing stuff. If they'd like to take a part-time job at a McDonald's or a pet store or something completely unrelated to their work at Leverage or criminal activity or any con, that is fair game. If they're like me and spend the entirety of their free day bumming out on the couch, that is fine too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.