main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY LGA guild on SWTOR

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by xanatos1975, May 4, 2011.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    That's good news. Yeah, just playing on at home wireless on my 3 yr gently used laptop (I really only used it for cons/traveling before loading TOR on it).

2. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    OK so now that WOW is dying slowly, I have jumped ship and gotten on SWTOR lol. I'm not the captain so I don't go down with the ship lol. For anyone that wants to play, I am a Sith Warrior on "Warriors of the Shadow" server names Aldrein... I also have a Bounty Hunter named Vandok and a Sith Sorcerer named Aelarra.

3. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    ok this game is great... im still learning about how to do some of it but im loving it just the same. If anyone else wants to roll a character on my server please do so... the more the merrier lol.

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    There's talk that down the road you'll be able to take your character to a different server (for a fee) so I'm hoping we'll all be able to congregate then. But if I decide I'm tired of my Republic charcter(s) and want to go Empire I'll look you up.

5. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002

Ah....so sad, sad, sad. I do not have 1 PC that is working enough to run this now. Once I finish with some financial responsibilities, my next move is to get a new PC that will be able to play this, and I will be joining :)

6. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    to Mika - what server r u on now?? I am tempted to just go alliance anyways lol
    to Mind - I know what u mean man... just as soon as you get the chance get u a PC n join in the fun :) I know what it means to be strapped for cash.. I just got thru with 2 interviews for promotions today... I'm hoping 1 pans out n i can b on day shift finally lol

7. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    I hope they pan out. I haven't hung out with you in ages...lol.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Xan I'm on "The Corsair" but like I said I'm only on about once a week so don't feel like you have to change on my account.

9. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    Well considering the only reason i was Sith to begin with was because a friend of mine has a lvl 50 (level cap btw) Bounty Hunter and he doesn't get on at all anymore because of bad internet, Id say once a week is better than none at all lol. I wanted to be a Jedi myself. When do you get online and what is your character's name??

10. Kepare

Kepare Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2010
    If any of y'all are ever on Rubat Crystal, My Imps are Chell'cie and Short. My whole toon list is part of the Dagger Legacy, so any toons with the last name Dagger are me, too.

11. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    To Mind, If I get this job it will put me with nights, weekends and holidays off. I will prolly not only get to hang out with you more but also go to some of the meet and eats again lol

12. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    Now THAT, my friend, would be awesome!

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Xan-I'm *usually* on Saturday/Sunday mornings depending if I have to work or not. I'd be willing to do a evening link up if your schedule changes. I'm enjoying my story right now so it will be hard to pull me away but I would like someone to do Flash Points and Heroic missions with. My smuggler is Amazia (fans of the EU might remember that name-I was surprised it was open) and I have a jedi consular Likaelle, both fems 'cause that's how I roll[face_laugh] Email me at jedimika(at)hotmail(dot)com and we'll set something up when you're ready/get off your starter world.

14. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    For those that are interested, but are still unsure about this game (what? Really?), I read that you will be able to play TOR this weekend for free. Starting today and until 2 am CT on Monday, you can download the game and play for free.

Once you?ve downloaded the game, you?ll be able to play the game up to level 15 and a crew skill of 40. Some chat will also be disabled: general chat, trade chat and PvP chat. Sending and replying to in-game mail will be disabled; trade with other players will be disabled as well as the use of the Galactic Trade Network.

Once the freeplay weekend is over, your character will be inactive (frozen in carbonite?) unless you decide to pay to play to keep it going. It won't be cancelled unless you cancel it manually.

Since it's free, I'm gonna try to see if maybe my laptop will play it, and if successful, I'll have to get it and keep it going.

15. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    dude i hope it will work because the game is AMAZING. I didnt know how well i would like it but I fell in love right away... WOW is a cuss word any more lol.

16. Kepare

Kepare Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2010
    If you need help trying to get it up and running, let me know. Supposedly they're rejiggering their engine to make it play better across all platforms in upcoming patches, too.

And yes, I am loving this game.

17. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002

I seem to have run into a wall with this game. I have it downloaded, and now when I try and launch the game, it says I don't have an active account. I tried going to the website provided, but I do not see anyplace to activate what I have. I had to stop so I could get to work in time, so I'll continue to try later tonight.

I'll let you guys know if it works.

18. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Haven't heard anything from you. I'm hoping that means good news and you've been playing all weekend and unable to break away to post :)

19. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002

Unfortunately, I did not get to play it at all. We had a dinner date with some friends on Friday. All day and night on Saturday, I was sick, and then I wasn't home for very long at all on Sunday. I tried to get it up and running, but could not get past the launch screen.

I'm going to buy it even if I don't have a PC that can run it, because it's SW obviously...lol. Once I can afford to do it, I'll install and try to play on my laptop.

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Just a bump to bring this thread up from the graveyard. We’re at the one year anniversary of SWTOR and if you didn’t know the game is now Free To Play with only a few limitations. Nocturnus mentioned this weekend he’s playing now (as a jedi??) and I’m still slowly plugging away on my three original characters I created a year ago.

21. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    I'd love too but got toooo many other things taking up the days.. Good luck to the rest of you and have fun...[face_devil]

22. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    I still don't have a PC that can play it. Once I obtain that, I'm in!

23. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    OKAY everyone i know I am reigniting an old thread but I have gone back to an old friend called "The Old Republic" I am having a blast again :). Is anyone still playing? If you are thinking of playing and worried about the cost there is a new free-to-play model and all of the stuff that is linked to subscribers can be unlocked.

24. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah, still playing, still casual. Still just doing story mode, no PVP or ops or Starfighter. I'm on the JediCovenant server. Have a couple of level 60s waiting on the next expansion and new level cap. With the current huge XP boost going on I started a Republic Trooper and Imperial Agent just to play through the storyline (I hear the Agent storyline is the best in the game after the Jedi Knight story). I hear the next expansion (Knights of the Fallen Empire) coming out this year will be a great jumping off point for new players. Everything is going to change...no more Empire, no more Republic.

25. xanatos1975

Feb 1, 2004
    yeah thats what I have heard as well... seems to be a good time to play :) what is your main?? republic or empire??