main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY LGA Table Top Gaming thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Darth Lupine

Darth Lupine Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 14, 2013
    I flew Soontir Fel with elusiveness, Turr Phennir with push the limit, Dark Curse with stealth device and two Academy pilots. That list took me to the championship match, which I lost to a fellow Imperial flying a similar list, except he didn't have Turr, instead flying named pilots on all his ties. That match came down to my luck running out on a critical die roll, lol.

I still say if Jedimica had brought two rookie X wings instead of Wedge, his list would have been far more effective. As it was I had issues dishing out enough damage to take out the Falcon!

2. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Hmmm..... with Lando's ability to give free actions, those two rookie X-wings could be pretty deadly. leaving 14 points for upgrades.

Wolf, sounds like you had a pretty mean build! Congrats on getting so far!

-Jammies

3. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Thanks! In retrospect, I should have swapped Turr for a Saber Interceptor and upgraded the academy pilots to named pilots, but hindsight is always 20/20!

4. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    So, the free boost or barrel roll was not worth it?
    I haven't played with the wave two stuff much.

5. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    It's useful but situational, and I think the better pilot skills and extra abilities would have been more useful.

6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  7. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Pretty cool. I wish they would have made mats though. I picked up a generic star field one the other night at the game shop but it would be nice to have one with some cool licensed images.

8. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Ahh no. These are sure not to stay togheter, and I bet ships will slide around on this like crazy. I picked up a star studded piece of fabric at Walmart for six bucks, it's five by three and a half and looks great, plus ships don't slide around on it. Ill be passing on this one.

9. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    We will see: not all of these are created equal-- I have seen some good ones. For me, fabric mats get creases and folds and my foamcore game mat gets torn easy (plus, I have been battling around that same green nebula for over a decade! Geez. Just sign a peace treaty and let that nebula go Darth, let it go). I'm hoping it is more of a , um, that foam they use for yoga mat and stuff.

But yeah Wolf, I agree-- it could be a mess if done poorly. Time will tell, I hope, as I kinda want one but will wait to see the reviews first.

10. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Yep, going to wait till I see the product before I make up my mind.

11. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    This:
    (plus, I have been battling around that same green nebula for over a decade! Geez. Just sign a peace treaty and let that nebula go Darth, let it go).
    is very funny if I do say so myself. [face_laugh]

12. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Would any of you be willing to come down to Radcliff for an x wing shoot out? With my leg, going up to Louisville is a bit of a pain. I have my own table and everything and would love to host a game evening.

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thank you for offering to host. I'd be willing to get a car pool going. We also have a member down at Ft Knox. But as you can probably tell from looking through the threads getting us all together is like herding cats. When did you have in mind?

14. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Well, I'm stuck here until June third, so anytime before that really!

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Cool, we like flexible. Would a weekend or weeknight work better? I'd say weekend for us so we're not worring about getting off work and having to rush down but you're the (potential) host so you set the rules :)

16. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Weekend is fine. Ill get the star field all set out lol, just let me know and ill post some directions!

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
  18. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    This is cool! I don't have the cool terrain tough.... Lol I don't think it would look good dodging World War Two buildings...

19. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Although I do have a set of three D asteroids...

20. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    In all the May the Fourth excitement I missed the announcement of the next wave...
    http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4116
    Most people guessed the Bwing and Tie Bomber but the Lamda shuttle was a long shot and I don't think anyone guessed we would get a Moldy Crow :)

21. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Me neither.

Am I a super dork for being most excited that FFG got the "canon" length of the Crow down from 29 meters to 18.5 meters?

22. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Yes, yes you are. but you're our dork, so it's okay

Yoda_Jammies likes this.
  23. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    I'm stoked about the Lambda, looks like a good support ship.

24. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    you can get a Slave 1? I don't even play this, but i want one.

25. Darth Lupine

Apr 14, 2013
    Got one, and I'm still trying to figure out how to use it right. The large base is a pain to maneuver with...